Page 135 of 295 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 4424
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeZ View Post
    Even all these months after the shot, Bruce and Dick never interacted.
    Dammit, Dick doesn't interact with any of his brothers, not even Damian.
    It breaks my heart.
    With the exception of damian they would all end the same way it did with babs

If damian showed up, Ric would have to feel guilty, or be a total ass

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    But tim and dick are not close? Tim already said jason is his go to guy. It be weird, wouldn't Alfred, Barbra hell i could even see damian spoon feeding him soup grumpily. Also its hard for me to see permanent physical truama when his step brother is the heri to the lazzarus pitt and he has contact with what 3 mystical healers. Even his memory loss is dumb when he knows people like Miss Martian, Raven and Lilth

I though dc didnt care about familial relationships, isnt that why Jon is 17 superman and Lois raising child is not adventurous

It looks like Dick is going to be in the Hush animated movie more then I was expecting .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    But tim and dick are not close? Tim already said jason is his go to guy. It be weird, wouldn't Alfred, Barbra hell i could even see damian spoon feeding him soup grumpily. Also its hard for me to see permanent physical truama when his step brother is the heri to the lazzarus pitt and he has contact with what 3 mystical healers. Even his memory loss is dumb when he knows people like Miss Martian, Raven and Lilth
    I don't know what comics you've read that give you the impression that Tim is closer with Jason than he is with Dick but I don't really agree. Tim's relationships with both Dick and Bruce are part of his foundations as a hero. Dick was there at Tim's beginning so it's compelling to me that Tim would be there at Dick's figurative "end," or at least his stumble. I don't think there would be any "spoon feeding" or Dick incapacitated with Tim hovering overing him like a loving nurse, but more like Tim would be all "you're still a hero," "I'll have your back until you feel 100%," stuff like that. Basically Tim being a buddy. Tim has always been pretty empathic and has a lot of great consolation moments with other heroes. This type of story I think would be pretty well received. I guess we'll never know now though, DC went a different way.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    I don't know what comics you've read that give you the impression that Tim is closer with Jason than he is with Dick but I don't really agree. Tim's relationships with both Dick and Bruce are part of his foundations as a hero. Dick was there at Tim's beginning so it's compelling to me that Tim would be there at Dick's figurative "end," or at least his stumble. I don't think there would be any "spoon feeding" or Dick incapacitated with Tim hovering overing him like a loving nurse, but more like Tim would be all "you're still a hero," "I'll have your back until you feel 100%," stuff like that. Basically Tim being a buddy. Tim has always been pretty empathic and has a lot of great consolation moments with other heroes. This type of story I think would be pretty well received. I guess we'll never know now though, DC went a different way.
    New 52 was when they make Tim and Jason a thing. Tim's inspiration and motivation to become Robin in New 52 was Jason, and they're paired together often since Lobdell was in charge of both. Even after Tynion brought back A Lonely Place of Dying in Rebirth, Tim and Dick haven't interacted that often.

I think there was a discussion when we first found out about King's idea about Tim Nightwing that it won't work as well these days because they're not as close as in Post Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Dick and Tim have barely spoken to each other since the 2011 reboot. They aren't as close as they were before the reboot and don't have much of a relationship anymore. In the New 52 DC made Dick/Damian a pair and Tim/Jason a pair and was the big reason for devaluing the Dick and Tim relationship to the point where Tim did say he only considered Jason as brother. And like Restingvoice said, they also made it that Jason was Tim's motivation for becoming Robin too.

I'm ready for dick to leave the bat nest honestly. They have no plans or direction or niche for him there and the nest is bloated and he isn't even close to most of them. Outside of Bruce, babs and Damian.

It time for dick grayson to grow up or go back to robin.
    Last edited by WonderNight; 05-15-2019 at 04:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    I'm ready for dick to leave the bat nest honestly. They have no plans or direction or niche for him there and the nest is bloated and he isn't even close to most of them. Outside of Bruce, babs and Damian.

It time for dick grayson to grow up or go back to robin.
    That's not gonna happen under the current heads at DC.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Dick and Tim have barely spoken to each other since the 2011 reboot. They aren't as close as they were before the reboot and don't have much of a relationship anymore. In the New 52 DC made Dick/Damian a pair and Tim/Jason a pair and was the big reason for devaluing the Dick and Tim relationship to the point where Tim did say he only considered Jason as brother. And like Restingvoice said, they also made it that Jason was Tim's motivation for becoming Robin too.
    Tom King seems like he doesn't really care for all the n52 retcons though, and since rebirth he has all the excuse he needs to dismiss them and rebuild the relationships from before 2012. That probably why it was Tim in his idea. Remember Tim and Dick's brief interaction in Grayson? Felt more like the Batman Reborn era than N52.

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

In Batman #71 Batgirl calls Ric (Dick) to come help Batman.

1.jpg2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Lazurus33 View Post
    SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

In Batman #71 Batgirl calls Ric (Dick) to come help Batman.

1.jpg2.jpg

Holy **** that made me angry.

I don't even know why they would want Ric there (guess supposed to show how desperate they are). He would be a liability (and normally Bruce wouldn't want him in this condition). Muscle memory can only work so far. But really awesome of Bruce to have Babs call on him when he couldn't bother get in touch with Dick himself for a second till now.

Still, disappointing to see him refuse, given he is playing hero dress up with the cops of Blüdhaven just fine.

Also, heh, Jason...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    That's exactly why this book would be a dream come true, and just because they haven't been as close since the reboot doesn't mean decades of history is negated. And I think that was clearly what Tom King was trying to illustrate. Just because something isn't the "status quo" doesn't mean it has to stay that way. I still don't agree that Tim is closer with Jason.

LoL, Dick is...Ric. Yeah. You can read the shame all over Batmans face. I do have to say though, its nice to see someone else getting punched for a change.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-15-2019 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    LoL, Dick is...Ric. Yeah. You can read the shame all over Batmans face. I do have to say though, its nice to see someone else getting punched for a change.
    Honestly Babs saying that felt like the writer giving a middle finger to the fans. Maybe he was aiming for humour but tired of King's brand of humour.
    Last edited by dietrich; 05-15-2019 at 10:13 AM.

Read it more as King acknowledging that this “Ric” thing is dumb. Even when Babs called, it’s I know your going through a thing. Which is dismissive. Then she just says “Ric” as a catch all that’s self explanatory as to why Dick didn’t show, followed by Batman’s clear look away of shame lol.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-15-2019 at 10:44 AM.