Page 123 of 295 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 4424

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    Grayson was always going to have a short lifetime which sucks but that's just business and fans. The Big Batman run is the reason why Ric is happening. Tim is always out of the picture, Jase has a green light to do whatever, so naturally to make it high stakes, you have to sideline Dick Grayson. It sucks but that's life.
    How is it oh Grayson was always gonna be short cause business and fans, yet Ric is still going strong despite flatlining sales at their low and being hated by fans. Again they could give a **** about fans, or even Dicks sales. Fans didn’t end Grayson anymore then they are ending Ric.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-24-2019 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    So in Action Comics 1010 Batwoman is apparently now the director of Spyral. For some reason. Just think about how much could have been done with Dick and Spyral if Bludhaven and Ric were not a thing...

And Bendis is completely rewriting the history Spyral and Leviathan too it seemed from the issue. Not sure how I feel about it.
    Yeah, I saw that about Kate Kane as well. I'm not sure what to make of that. Is it a deliberate rewrite? Or did Bendis just get Kate Kane and Kathy Kane mixed up (certainly easy to do if you aren't really familiar with the characters and the way Grant Morrison manipulated them when he created Spyral)?

As for Spyral and Leviathan, however, their ouroborus relationship actually comes from Grayson. I think it was after Jackson and Lanzing took over, but they were following Seeley and King's outline. This particular plot element has Seeley written all over it.
    Last edited by Dzetoun; 04-24-2019 at 10:55 AM.

Astonishing Member

So in Action Comics 1010 Batwoman is apparently now the director of Spyral. For some reason. Just think about how much could have been done with Dick and Spyral if Bludhaven and Ric were not a thing...

And Bendis is completely rewriting the history Spyral and Leviathan too it seemed from the issue. Not sure how I feel about it.
    No that's accurate. Mister Minos was hellbent on spying on superheroes but before that, the founder, Doctor Dedalus really did fashion Leviathan as an evil puzzle for Spyral to interact with - most notably in the mind-control drugs and the "labyrinth" ship. He just sold all that puzzle box stuff to Talia to distract Batman from the real threat coming for him, and she's been fondly using the Leviathan motif for her faction of the League ever since. Which is why I never thought Talia was the villain here in the first place (nor do I even think "Kate Spencer" was Talia in disguise, I was pretty sure it's someone else.) And even having been Patron of the organization, it's easy enough to buy that Tiger didn't know all the details about Agent Zero's evil Nazi conspiracy games from the earlier incarnations. We don't actually even know when Tiger was recruited.

So there's Dedalus Leviathan. Then there's "Dedalus donating Leviathan stuff to Talia Leviathan". Then there's post-Dedalus Talia Leviathan. Which was also Rebirthed, in Silencer, to have quite a strange power play going on with some weird characters. And now it seems maybe there's "Pre-Talia Leviathan Elements" coming back to really muck up the world. Mark my words I feel like before this arc is over we'll have a Lois Lane/Talia al Ghul team-up issue. Which would frankly be dope.

Because that's Jon's mom teaming up with Damian's mom.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Depends on which version of Damian’s mom that we get.

Today, after reading my weekly comics, I had a vision of Jurgens flopping down in a recliner, popping a couple of Excedrin, pouring himself a whiskey, then looking at a Nightwing Funko POP and saying, "Well, Dick old son, at least you and me kept out of Heroes in Crisis! Much as folks bitch about Ric, the stank from that one will last for years."

If you don't know what I'm talking about, don't worry, you'll hear about it ... and keep hearing about it, I suspect.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Wow spoilers:
    Rather than travelling 5 days into the future to kill himself why didn't he go back in time and undo the deaths? That's a thing he can do right? Like Superman did in that one movie.
    end of spoilers
    Sickening. You're right. Ric is a mercy killing in comparison.

Ric is really bad not necessarily because of what has been done, as bad as that is, but what it represents. Editorial ineptness and creative apathy. As hard as HIC might be for some, it’s creators at least believe in what they are doing and the story they are telling. No one can say that about Ric.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-24-2019 at 04:58 PM.

Extraordinary Member

How old is dick in Gotham he was born in season 1 right?
    Do you think he might make a cameo

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ric is really bad not necessarily because of what has been done, as bad as that is, but what it represents. Editorial ineptness and creative apathy. As hard as HIC might be for some, it’s creators at least believe in what they are doing and the story they are telling. No one can say that about Ric.
    Well both represent aspects I think are wrong with modern superhero comics. Ric is lazy and no effort at its worst, but HiC checks all the boxes for terrible event books. Needless shock value, overly miserable writing, decompressed to hell, far too many issues, extreme lengths to write heroes out of character, and gratuitous deaths used to sell the book. I don't think it having effort put into it excuses it for representing a very large segment with what I feel is wrong with current comics.

And even though I say all that part of me is still bothered Dick had no role in HiC. Since it is about the influence of a character and their standing in how DC views them. Wally is supposed to be Dick's best friend and he killed characters like Roy and other heroes and Titans that Dick is also friends and/or teammates with before, but we will not get any reaction to how Dick feels about any of this because he isn't deemed important enough in how DC views their characters to give us that reaction. That still bugs me.

And even though I say all that part of me is still bothered Dick had no role in HiC. Since it is about the influence of a character and their standing in how DC views them. Wally is supposed to be Dick's best friend and he killed characters like Roy and other heroes and Titans that Dick is also friends and/or teammates with before, but we will not get any reaction to how Dick feels about any of this because he isn't deemed important enough in how DC views their characters to give us that reaction. That still bugs me.
    But why dosen't DC view dick as important? I mean he meets all of the criteria that proofs he's like there 5th or 6th biggest character. I don't get it.

What more can be done by dick fans and supporters to show that dick has what it takes.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    But why dosen't DC view dick as important? I mean he meets all of the criteria that proofs he's like there 5th or 6th biggest character. I don't get it.

What more can be done by dick fans and supporters to show that dick has what it takes.
    This is a company built by fans, and fans are subjective. If one fan who happens to be in charge has a definition on what the characters should be, and if they think that the Justice League generation, the Titans generation and the Teen Titans generation should be placed in their neat little boxes, not overlapping with each other, not developing into something more, then there they will stay.

That's just an example. I don't know what who's in charge actually want.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    This is a company built by fans, and fans are subjective. If one fan who happens to be in charge has a definition on what the characters should be, and if they think that the Justice League generation, the Titans generation and the Teen Titans generation should be placed in their neat little boxes, not overlapping with each other, not developing into something more, then there they will stay.

That's just an example. I don't know what who's in charge actually want.
    Didio is in charge and he's tried multiple times to kill off Dick Grayson, and makes no secret of it. THAT is what the fanboy publisher wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Sh*t, they haven't been the same since 1993.
    They've had some good stuff since them.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Just read HiC, oh boy, Dick was lucky. King was 1000 times more merciful what he did to Dick compared to Wally. Dick got a paper cut, Wally got the axe. You guys are so lucky. So so lucky.
    I'm super lucky. All my favorite characters are in different levels of disarray. Instead of all being dead.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics