Page 124 of 295 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 4424

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Well both represent aspects I think are wrong with modern superhero comics. Ric is lazy and no effort at its worst, but HiC checks all the boxes for terrible event books. Needless shock value, overly miserable writing, decompressed to hell, far too many issues, extreme lengths to write heroes out of character, and gratuitous deaths used to sell the book. I don't think it having effort put into it excuses it for representing a very large segment with what I feel is wrong with current comics.
    It's all equally awful in my eyes.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Glad I'm sitting out HiC. Looked like it was going to be nothing but shock value.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Glad I'm sitting out HiC. Looked like it was going to be nothing but shock value.
    I was interested in the idea of exploring mental health through the lens of superheroics, but after reading the first issue I was done. I didn't lose my mind like some posters here did, I figured the deaths (some of them at least) were probably red herrings or there'd be some twist at the end, so I decided to just keep an eye on reviews and maybe get the trade.

But from what I hear I really doubt I'll be getting the trade unless that final issue is a masterpiece and somehow justifies this BS. What's been done to Wally would have me beyond pissed if I could muster the will to give a damn anymore (Wally is still *my* Flash, but DC has made it hard to care this past decade) and Roy.....he was one of the best characters DC had, and they've never known what to do with him.

I'm not sure if Dick avoiding all this was good or bad, considering Ric is the excuse they're using to sideline him.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Wally did us all a favor with some of those deaths

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Can you make a spoiler box and tell us who all bit the dust?

Honestly I can’t remember them all, highlights though were Roy and Gnarrk.

Which is kind of ironic when you're referring to him killing one of his and Dick's closest friends .

Was he though...

Was he though...
    In-universe he's supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    In-universe he's supposed to be.
    Yet no one will even bother telling Dick about his death and he won't even react to it. Same with all the other deaths. When you really break it town their relationships to Dick, even including Wally's, is completely irrelevant in comics now. Roy and Jason's relationship is VASTLY more developed right now and that is pretty sad. So I don't really know if you can even call them close friends anymore.

I mean Dick gets his memories back and a Babs or someone goes to tell him something like, "While you were in your Ric phase Wally killed Roy and all these other heroes and then killed himself. We didn't bother telling you before. Our bad. Okay, bye." What is Dick supposed to do there? Be upset no one told him that who are supposed to be his closest friends all died horribly? When Dick was a giant ******* to everyone while he was Ric? That is just another aspect to this whole thing that pissed me off so much.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Yet no one will even bother telling Dick about his death and he won't even react to it. Same with all the other deaths. When you really break it town their relationships to Dick, even including Wally's, is completely irrelevant in comics now. Roy and Jason's relationship is VASTLY more developed right now and that is pretty sad. So I don't really know if you can even call them close friends anymore.

I mean Dick gets his memories back and a Babs or someone goes to tell him something like, "While you were in your Ric phase Wally killed Roy and all these other heroes and then killed himself. We didn't bother telling you before. Our bad. Okay, bye." What is Dick supposed to do there? Be upset no one told him that who are supposed to be his closest friends all died horribly? When Dick was a giant ******* to everyone while he was Ric? That is just another aspect to this whole thing that pissed me off so much.
    Nothing new here. Nobody bothered to tell Dick that Jason was dead or that Bruce had broken his back, etc etc etc. It's not like anyone expects COMPETENCY at DC.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    But why dosen't DC view dick as important? I mean he meets all of the criteria that proofs he's like there 5th or 6th biggest character. I don't get it.

What more can be done by dick fans and supporters to show that dick has what it takes.
    Childish I know...but the constant "dick" mentions (as opposed to "Dick") reads a tad amusing.

Solid points though. Don't get it either.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Honestly I can’t remember them all, highlights though were Roy and Gnarrk.
    Oh Gnarrk died too?

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Well, Tom King has posted a tease for an upcoming Batman issue of his featuring the Batfamily in action together and *SIGH* to little surprise Dick's nowhere in sight.

The tease if anyone's interested

Ric will probably be running around like a bozo for a while longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Well, Tom King has posted a tease for an upcoming Batman issue of his featuring the Batfamily in action together and *SIGH* to little surprise Dick's nowhere in sight.

The tease if anyone's interested

Ric will probably be running around like a bozo for a while longer.
    Well, right now being written by King is more dangerous than walking trough Crime Alley with a pearl necklace. Probably, he is just searching for the next character to destroy.