Page 93 of 295 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 4424
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I can see the point of shooting Dick to further this narrative of Bruce's. It's an attack on Bruce via his support system. It makes sense, you go after the loved ones. Far from the first time this has been done to the Bat family.

But there's no justification for letting a Batman story totally derail Dick's book. Not only has this thrown the title off the rails for what, almost a year now? but it screwed up all the plans Percy, Dick's actual writer, was in the middle of executing. That's just not very polite, professionally.

If you needed Dick off the board for the duration of this Knightfall 2.0, then just toss a blurb on the first page of Nightwing "this story takes place six months after KGBeast shot Dick." Or whatever. Now we've established that Dick was out of the game for King's story but Dick's book can actually continue. And its a minor time-lapse, really, not really any different from the time-lapse that lets Batman have all his bones broken in JL but be fine in his own titles.
    If they needed Dick "off the board", they should have sent him to space with Justice League Odyssey instead of Azrael. Then have 'Beest shoot Tim in the guts and hang him up in a tree with his own intestines knotted around his neck.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Jason has shown us what Lobdell can do when he has "ownership" and the guiding vision for a character. If Lobdell could have gotten Nightwing when he started on Red Hood, he could have likely written something wild and cool, and maybe been able to protect Dick from Didio a little.
    Lobdell hasn’t worked out for any character except arguably Jason, and even with a Jason it took 2 series and the death of any expectations to get something people don’t bash. Sure maybe after 5 years with Nightwing he could eventually do something that doesn’t generally suck, but personally I’ve already had more than I could take of his Nightwings.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-20-2019 at 11:30 PM.

BANNED

I loved the stuff he did for the X-Men and Generation-X. Never read any of his YJ material because of the Tim Boycott. Wasn't fond of the first group of Outlaws but the second group really makes a great surrogate family for Jason. I don't blame him for Riki Dicki Tavi and the Wannabees because Didio dumped all the poopie in his lap; it wasn't his decision to shoot Dick in the head. For all I know, it was Didio who ordered the character be presented as filthy and disgusting as possible.

Shooting Dick in head hasn’t even been worse thing about Ric. It’s eveything it lead to. Lobdell has done nothing but double down on stupid. From turning shooting Dick in the head into a lazy rip off of We Are Robin, to his tactless portrayal of Ric and his awful insulting commentary on Dick. We have no clue that Didio order this, but we do know that Lobdell is the one writing this garbage week after week. Since Lobdell was anounced on this it was “well RHatO is good”, yet never the less 8 issues in his Nightwing has been nothing but typical Lobdell garbage. If I never have to read anything from Lobdell again it’ll be too soon. Personally speaking he can’t leave Nightwing soon enough.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-21-2019 at 01:11 AM.

I will say Lobdell is a professional and should be able to do better than what’s going on. I’m not trying to excuse bad, lazy writing.

But it is a sorry situation. They dump a character on him that he doesn’t write and a title he’s never been on and has nothing to do with, and tell him about this new direction they want him to go but they need a writer since the current writer up and quit because of said direction. Just don’t do anything major because none of this is going to last, just stretch it out for a year or so. That’s just sucky for everybody including fans.

Lobdell doesn’t even seem like that type of writer. The kind of on a whim can pump out a decent story in his sleep. He seems to need to be all in fully invested, with time to set up and lay out his stories. I think he’s shown with a lot of his X-Men stuff and Red Hood that he be a good comic writer in the right situation.

Jurgens is writing an issue or two soon, I bet he will have the best issues. Just because he does seem to be the type of writer that can give you a decent story in short notice. I’ve seen him come in a few occasions and be able to fill in with at least readable stuff. Might not be great but won’t be garbage.

I think that Lobdell fits Jason's sensibilities as a character. He's a good fit there. He isn't a good fit here.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Jason has shown us what Lobdell can do when he has "ownership" and the guiding vision for a character. If Lobdell could have gotten Nightwing when he started on Red Hood, he could have likely written something wild and cool, and maybe been able to protect Dick from Didio a little.
    Maybe. Lobdell is wildly hit or miss, in my opinion. Sometimes, he does amazing work. Sometimes he has amazing ideas that aren't executed well. Sometimes he's just a horrible fit for a character and its all bad. Seems like for every Red Hood he has, he's got a Teen Titans as well.

I don't know which Lobdell would have shown up for Nightwing. I think the guy has the imagination to bring Dick off the street level into some really weird, fun, cool stories and concepts......but I dunno if he could pull it off. I don't recall ever reading anything of his that featured Dick prominently.

But there's no way he'd have protected Dick from management. Lobdell always rolls with the edicts, even when it cuts his feet out from under him. He seems very management friendly and if Didio or whoever had told him to do something bad for the character (like Ric), Lobdell would've done it. And I dont hold it against him; he's doing what his bosses tell him. And if he refuses to write it they'll just get someone else, so he might as well get the paycheck.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Happy birthday Dick Grayson [I wasn't even aware it was his birthday]

https://twitter.com/JarrulusX

Incredible Member

Happy birthday Ric! Hope you get a fresh draft on the house and later on....maybe Bea will let you walk her home.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Happy birthday Ric! Hope you get a fresh draft on the house and later on....maybe Bea will let you walk her home.
    Who the heck said it was Ric's birthday mate? Ric was born the day that person woke up from that coma. You better go find that date and mark that on your calendar.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Happy Birthday Dick Grayson. I hope you come back soon.

I thought his birthday was in December?

"We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

With new Titans casting announcement I’m so excited to see how whole Wilson family would interact with Dick. Especially Rose. At least, I’m satisfied that we will see Deathstroke being Nightwing/Robins/Titans enemy, not Bats’.

Last edited by Schumiac; 03-22-2019 at 01:18 PM.