Page 248 of 295 FirstFirst ... 148198238244245246247248249250251252258 ... LastLast
Results 3,706 to 3,720 of 4424
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I'm just gonna save and caress that page where Batman nuzzles his head against Nightwing as he lifts him up.

That's it. I'm done. See you in 2020.
    Why? A nuzzle means nothing when that's all he did.
    I want him acting like a father whose kid has been shot. Ric might not remember but Bruce raised this child for 20 years [apparently] from kid to man. His first child. That's a thing that would crush any parents and have them fussing, showing up everyday in hopes you might remember. Leaving clues or items that might help you recall. Talking about stuff or deliberately directing discussion to topics from your years together in hopes that one might finally trigger their memory.

I'm disappointed in the Ric writers and in Bruce's writer. The writers for Ric are aware of the large Batfamily and the role Dick plays but they choose to not have any of them aside from Babs make an appearance.

Lobdell writes in Bruce in RHATO every chance he gets but here where it's necessary he forgets.One would think that a writers who in his main title writes a lot of stories about family and daddy issues would rush to use the rich connections and relationship's that Dick has.

Dick has what he want's for Jason so put them to use. Nope

Jurgens I expected better.

Honestly outside of a handful dick isn't as close to the batfamily as some fans make him out to be.

There's Bruce, babs, Damian and alfred. Maybe Tim and helena but that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Honestly outside of a handful dick isn't as close to the batfamily as some fans make him out to be.

That’s the majority of them. Not too mention the core group.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-27-2019 at 04:29 AM.

It is sort of similar to that fan label of Dick being "the heart/center of the DCU" when he really isn't. There aren't many stories where Dick takes an active role in the DCU or the major characters in the DCU look towards Dick with any guidance. He's mainly just a Batman supporting character and runs around with the Titans sometimes, but most DC franchises he is very uninvolved with.

With the Batman family Dick is close with more than most, although the Ric story really damages that with how barely anyone cares about him in it, but the greater Batman franchise he is a lot more limited. He's been a Batman character for 80 years and is pretty uninvolved with most Batman villains despite being around longer than nearly all of them.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I'm not reading all that. Guys, I don't care.

The writer's editors whatever certainly don't so I pick what I like and leave, peek, see what else I like, pick it up and leave

I don't buy the Ric arc or any other arc I find annoying so they don't exist, and I'm not investing any atom of my mind or heart thinking and wishing of what could've been. I already did my part: I stopped buying current DC Comics more than a year ago.

I'm not even gonna buy this issue. I said I saved the file and that's it.

So I don't know why that is such a big deal.

Sales already went down, you wanna blame someone for all this go for everyone else who's still buying, writing, and editing. I'll join you when I'm in the mood of it as usual, but I'm not in the mood for it right now. I'm making a clipping of what I think Batman should be and enjoy that.

I'm not wasting any more energy on things I know I can't change (on my own)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    It is sort of similar to that fan label of Dick being "the heart/center of the DCU" when he really isn't. There aren't many stories where Dick takes an active role in the DCU or the major characters in the DCU look towards Dick with any guidance. He's mainly just a Batman supporting character and runs around with the Titans sometimes, but most DC franchises he is very uninvolved with.
    With the Batman family Dick is close with more than most, although the Ric story really damages that with how barely anyone cares about him in it, but the greater Batman franchise he is a lot more limited. He's been a Batman character for 80 years and is pretty uninvolved with most Batman villains despite being around longer than nearly all of them.
    This is real.
    Dick is actually very close-nit. Inside of the batfam, he's not close with the Batgirls, which made him less connected than Tim and Babs, and Tim forged more connections since Robin's favoured, and Babs "knows everyone" as Oracle - Even the Super, Kara partnered with Batgirl first before with him via age retcon.

His true friends were only the Fab five, and they each was similarly connected, or more. Most of Dick's teams and relationship are because of his relationship with Bruce. The NTT is the only team that's wholely his and i don't see him even that actively connected with them. The last time he really interacted with Green lanterns or Wonder Woman was the early 80s.
    Last edited by nhienphan2808; 10-27-2019 at 06:29 AM.

Dick was the "heart of the DCU" only because NTT was the heart of the DCU for a while. It was their biggest book by far for a number of years, it's like how you could argue Superman is the heart of the DCU these days because of his role as the heart of Snyder's JL run (except, that book isn't selling as well as other Batman books so lol). Dick was essentially the leading man and one of the main protagonists of the whole DCU by extension because of NTT, which is why even years later, people who grew up with that series reference Dick as if he's still the same character with the same role even when he's not.

The writer's editors whatever certainly don't so I pick what I like and leave, peek, see what else I like, pick it up and leave

I don't buy the Ric arc or any other arc I find annoying so they don't exist, and I'm not investing any atom of my mind or heart thinking and wishing of what could've been. I already did my part: I stopped buying current DC Comics more than a year ago.

Sales already went down, you wanna blame someone for all this go for everyone else who's still buying, writing, and editing. I'll join you when I'm in the mood of it as usual, but I'm not in the mood for it right now. I'm making a clipping of what I think Batman should be and enjoy that.

That is a super power I wish I had. I'd be so much happier.

Right now I'm pre-emptively dreading Tynion making Dick apologize for embarrassing/inconveniencing the family.

I mean, he feels pretty central to the family at times, whether in stuff like Murder/Fugitive or when he was in the leadup to becoming Batman (and then when he was Batman).

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    And yet Batman couldn’t find the time to check on Dick once since he’s been Ric.
    To be fair, if they want to do right by Dick. they can pretend a Batfam member was watching him the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nine Crocodile View Post
    To be fair, if they want to do right by Dick. they can pretend a Batfam member was watching him the whole time.
    Not really. If someone was watching him. The CoO would never have been able to get to him. Also, presumably they would stop him fighting crime in just mom jeans and a t-shirt because that's incredibly dangerous. Not to mention he jeopardised everyone's secret identity by forgoing a mask and smearing his face in dirt.

I mean,I can see a writer using that defence but it's a very weak one.

Incredible Member

I do the same thing too with DC lol. Much bliss.

Quote Originally Posted by nhienphan2808 View Post
    This is real.
    Dick is actually very close-nit. Inside of the batfam, he's not close with the Batgirls, which made him less connected than Tim and Babs, and Tim forged more connections since Robin's favoured, and Babs "knows everyone" as Oracle - Even the Super, Kara partnered with Batgirl first before with him via age retcon.

His true friends were only the Fab five, and they each was similarly connected, or more. Most of Dick's teams and relationship are because of his relationship with Bruce. The NTT is the only team that's wholely his and i don't see him even that actively connected with them. The last time he really interacted with Green lanterns or Wonder Woman was the early 80s.
    Not being close to Steph or Cass isn’t really a big deal, their foot print is rather small and you can barely even call them family at this point (sorry Cass and Steph fans). Babs barely even knows them anymore. And no one can be close to every various satellite members of the week that come and go.
    Even still who else is closer to today’s current Batman, Batgirl, and Robin then him? He has meaningful relationships and current history with all the main members of the Batfamily. Which is something most of the other member of the bloated and diluted don’t have. And then you can throw in Tim and Jason, played a role in Cass’ new orgin, and trained Duke a little even.

And heart of DC has always been just a line thrown out to better sell when they victimize him. Him being the first sidekick and all.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-27-2019 at 06:56 PM.

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    Not really. If someone was watching him. The CoO would never have been able to get to him. Also, presumably they would stop him fighting crime in just mom jeans and a t-shirt because that's incredibly dangerous. Not to mention he jeopardised everyone's secret identity by forgoing a mask and smearing his face in dirt.

Oh, you're right. It's totally weak. It just wouldn't stop them from using it, and claiming some emergency kept them from watching him when it mattered.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post

After the mess that was Batman 81 I'm really not sure if the current editorial cares about "plot twists" making sense.