Page 187 of 295 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197237287 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 4424
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    His entire argument is undercut when he just sticks the character in Bludhaven, has boring side characters, gives him an irrelevant job, and does nothing interesting with the concept. Like Bludhaven is the last place Ric Grayson would have wanted to go to if he is trying to get away from Nightwing and Dick's old life. It made no sense. Then he again stumbles over his argument when he says he disliked the Spyral series which was a very unique and different take on the character created by a dramatic change in the character's life they explored after getting his ID exposed, and is what Lobdell is saying he wanted to see more of instead of the same stories over and over.
    I’m not saying what he thought and what he achieved were one and the same. Just saying “why” he pushed for it to be longer for the people who didn’t want to listen to the interview.

What an ego. He believes just because he did not like Grayson/Spryal that he is right, but because millions of fans don't like Ric Grayson they are wrong.

Maybe King and Seeley feel different about Grayson than he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I’m not saying what he thought and what he achieved were one and the same. Just saying “why” he pushed for it to be longer for the people who didn’t want to listen to the interview.
    I was hoping that the interviewers would push back on him a bit more, since it seemed like one of them didn't enjoy the Ric story, but I get not wanting to upset him when he was willing to go onto their podcast. So I can't blame them.

Lobdell proving once again without a doubt that he's just as terrible a writer as a he is towards women.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lazurus33 View Post
    What an ego. He believes just because he did not like Grayson/Spryal that he is right, but because millions of fans don't like Ric Grayson they are wrong.

Maybe King and Seeley feel different about Grayson than he does.
    I'm not sure how you got that from the interview when his point during that portion of the interview was "if you don't like a story, that's okay". Did you not listen to it?

I'm not sure how you got that from the interview when his point during that portion of the interview was "if you don't like a story, that's okay". Did you not listen to it?
    That's the point that I got, and that is the opinion that I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazurus33 View Post
    That's the point that I got, and that is the opinion that I have.
    I'm not trying to argue with you, I just genuinely don't understand how you got from point A to Point B with the materials provided.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I'm exhausted

Extraordinary Member

His reasoning is that if you’re gonna do something like blow Dick’s brain out (or paralyze Babs) it’s something that should be explored instead of being something that just gets waved away 3 issues later.
    I would agree but seeing how the rest of the bat family saving Barbra does not mention it.....

LoL, and people defend Lobdell. Bottom of the barrel.

His reasoning is that if you’re gonna do something like blow Dick’s brain out (or paralyze Babs) it’s something that should be explored instead of being something that just gets waved away 3 issues later.
    I'd actually agree, this *is* something worth exploring. The problem has been all in the plan, or lack thereof. How many writers have bounced in and out of this book in the last year? How many issues has DC spent just spinning their wheels covering the same ground? How far has the story actually gone? Seriously, someone tell me because I'm not reading the book.

If you want to explore the fallout of a hero getting seriously injured, cool. But I don't see them exploring anything here.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'd actually agree, this *is* something worth exploring. The problem has been all in the plan, or lack thereof. How many writers have bounced in and out of this book in the last year? How many issues has DC spent just spinning their wheels covering the same ground? How far has the story actually gone? Seriously, someone tell me because I'm not reading the book.

If you want to explore the fallout of a hero getting seriously injured, cool. But I don't see them exploring anything here.
    Oh I agree, they've totally dropped the ball on the Ric story and any potential it had was wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

Exactly. He never actually explored jack crap. He just had him bitch while he gave him magic muscle memory powers so he can still do the same ****. This is just limited lazy writers talking and hiding behind shoulds and coulds, but didn't actually do.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-25-2019 at 07:22 PM.

https://soundcloud.com/user-44237172...dell-interview

According to that podcast (starts staking about it around the 1 hour 20 min mark) we have Lobdell to blame for Ric Grayson lasting so long. Some in editorial thought the Ric thing wasn't going to last. Like maybe 3 issues and he would be fixed, but Lobdell is the one that campaigned for it to last longer according to what he said here. He apparently also hated The Grayson Agent of Spyral story.
    I can't stand Lobdell's creative choices.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

https://soundcloud.com/user-44237172...dell-interview

According to that podcast (starts staking about it around the 1 hour 20 min mark) we have Lobdell to blame for Ric Grayson lasting so long. Some in editorial thought the Ric thing wasn't going to last. Like maybe 3 issues and he would be fixed, but Lobdell is the one that campaigned for it to last longer according to what he said here. He apparently also hated The Grayson Agent of Spyral story.
    So he campaigned for it, only wrote like 4 issues and disregarded it completely 7 issues letter. And edditorial went with it even when "his best book work" doesn't sell that well?

....Poor Wally