Page 203 of 295 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205206207213253 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 4424
    Extraordinary Member

If you want to ask DAn Jurgens some question you can now on dcuniverse
    https://www.dcuniverse.com/community...-jurgens-anima

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    If you want to ask DAn Jurgens some question you can now on dcuniverse
    https://www.dcuniverse.com/community...-jurgens-anima
    What’s even worth asking? Nothing nice.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    What’s even worth asking? Nothing nice.
    It doesnt have to be nice

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I knew they were going to give Garth the Roy/Donna relationship. Won’t be surprised if he acts like him too. Also he might be dead, hope not but seriously. Why does DC always pass around their female characters like this? They do this with Babs all the time in other media from the Arkham games to animated movies. I’m all for exploring character relationships, it just feels like they wanted to have Roy there but filled in the gap.

Like imagine Titans gets you into these characters in the comics and you’re really invested in Donna and Garth together. What a surprise it’ll be when you see that they have never been together and never had any kind of romantic interactions. It feels werid.
    I sometimes wonder if there's anyone in the comics who expect to see Superboy and Miss Martian as a couple or Wally making out with Artemis (who isn't even a character in the comics at the moment).
    Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post

“You command more respect than you realize”

And yet we also have new DC animation version, where Nightwing is a useless idiot and striped down from his past glory and connections comics version.
    YJ right now one of the best depiction of the character, despite them sometimes not giving him enough screentime.
    Dick was portrayed so well here.

STL127551.jpg

(W) Neal Adams (A/CA) Neal Adams
    Gotham City is under siege by terrorists, and Batman is determined to find the source. But when Boston Brand tries to intervene, he discovers an even more disturbing and deadly truth: the terrorists are led by an inhuman monster. Ra's al Ghul has volunteered his own private security force to aid the GCPD, and now they are the only thing standing between nuclear terror and the townspeople! But al Ghul's true goal is hidden from everyone's eyes. He will destroy the city and kill Batman-this time for good. Watching in horror is... Bruce Wayne?
    In Shops: Sep 04, 2019
    SRP: $3.99

Thinking about Young Justice Nightwing and the nature of the show revolving around the evolution of the characters. What do you guys think is the likelihood that we end up with DickBats? Would you guys enjoy seeing that onscreen or would you prefer the show work to establish the independence of the Nightwing identity?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I think there’s a fairly decent chance they’ll do DickBats but it wouldn’t be a permanent transition. I’d give it a season at most.

So with that said, I wouldn’t mind seeing it done so long as we avoid Battle for the Cowl to get there.

I’m not sure i’d fit with the shows character arc. YJ Nightwing doesn’t even want to be part of the JL.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I think there’s a fairly decent chance they’ll do DickBats but it wouldn’t be a permanent transition. I’d give it a season at most.

So with that said, I wouldn’t mind seeing it done so long as we avoid Battle for the Cowl to get there.
    I think it'd probably be more likely to be permanent if only because this show actually seems willing to phase out the major heroes.

I mean, they retired Aquaman so Kaldur could take over. So I think anything is on the table. Even though they kind of screwed Wally over....

But I don't think it will happen until Damian's old enough to be Robin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I’m not sure i’d fit with the shows character arc. YJ Nightwing doesn’t even want to be part of the JL.
    But at the end of the season he accepted coming back into the fold and helping organize everything (and I think lead the Team again?) so Jefferson would come back and lead the League.

His whole character arc was realizing he's a leader even if he doesn't want to be.

I'd personally prefer he eventually accepts is role as a leader, but as Nightwing. I feel like doing it as Batman shows him coming full circle, but seeing Nightwing lead the Justice League is something I've always wanted to see. Nightwing should be good enough to lead the League, he doesn't need to be Batman to do that.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I'd personally prefer he eventually accepts is role as a leader, but as Nightwing. I feel like doing it as Batman shows him coming full circle, but seeing Nightwing lead the Justice League is something I've always wanted to see. Nightwing should be good enough to lead the League, he doesn't need to be Batman to do that.
    With the way he seems to be progressing as a character, I could see it happening within the next few years (in-universe).

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

As long as it’s made clear that Dick was made leader because of who he is and his resume, I don’t particularly care which costume he wears while doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    As long as it’s made clear that Dick was made leader because of who he is and his resume, I don’t particularly care which costume he wears while doing it.
    I want to see Nightwing elevated, not a stepping block in between Robin and Batman.

But at the same time Nightwing is him trying forge his own path, and in YJ he seems to be rebellious when it comes to what expected for him to do. Joining, or leading the JL even, isn’t exactly true to that. He doesn’t seem to want to lead anyone in general, even if he keeps falling into it, and he doesn’t seem very interested in being part of the JL really. I kind of want to see YJ’s take on a Titans with him. The JL isn’t really special in the universe, in that it’s predictable. They all have seem to grow up to join the JL, and Kaldur already did the take over for their mentor and lead it bit.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-01-2019 at 02:01 PM.

Dick becoming Batman in YJ is just wrong, imho. He doesn't want to, and he doesn't need. Nightwing called the meeting (and everybody answered) he suggested Black Lightning as the new leader (and everybody agreed). He is himself, and much more trusted and followed than Batman. Onestly, making him Batman will be a step back.