Page 210 of 242 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 3617
  1. #3136
    Astonishing Member Badou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,140

    Default

    The directing and writing for the show left a lot to be desired, it was really a mess in parts and I didn't like some creative choices, but I think they did a good job with his casting in the show. Hopefully they learn from the many mistakes from the first season and the actor has better material to work with.

    Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    He is alright
    I don't think any of the people look similar to the characters in the comics

    BTW...This actor is 6'2
    in the comics, Robin is 5'10

    now, Dick is taller than Bruce in the Titans series
    he's also a bit taller than Kory, and that's supposed to be the other way around

    the only way that I enjoy this show is just to view it as an alternative take to it
    If I try to view it similar as the comics, I'd be very disappointed
    Where did you get 6'2 from? He is 5'11 or 6' from what I googled.

  2. #3137
    Astonishing Member Pohzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    tOSU
    Posts
    2,482

    Default

    I almost wish Dick were taller in the comics. The fact that he's shorter than Bruce seems like some rather pointed symbolism that he will never outgrow Bruce as a character.

    Plus, it'd be somewhat funny to see a Robin taller than Batman at the tail end of his career. That'd make for a good beat or two.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

    Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)


  3. #3138
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I almost wish Dick were taller in the comics. The fact that he's shorter than Bruce seems like some rather pointed symbolism that he will never outgrow Bruce as a character.

    Plus, it'd be somewhat funny to see a Robin taller than Batman at the tail end of his career. That'd make for a good beat or two.
    The height is the way to differentiate the characters (as you can see in New52 Batman #1). So, Batman will always be the taller.

  4. #3139
    Astonishing Member Pohzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    tOSU
    Posts
    2,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    The height is the way to differentiate the characters (as you can see in New52 Batman #1). So, Batman will always be the taller.
    Exactly. Think about what that shows visually.

    Little birdboy stands up to the Big Bad Bat. (Literally!) Him being taller would add an interesting power dynamic in arguments. Batman ranks seniority, but has to look up angrily at Dick.

    Or the imagery of a taller Robin looking down to Batman and telling him that he realizes that he's old enough now to stand on his own.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 09-10-2019 at 10:07 PM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

    Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)


  5. #3140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Exactly. Think about what that shows visually.
    I see your point, and I've thought like that myself in the past, but I think it's better that Dick is a little shorter than most heroes. He doesn't have the same look as most super macho designs we see given to male Golden and Silver Age heroes. Being short doesn't make you any less of a hero, and Dick's height is perfect for his acrobatics which is a lot more important imo. The only thing I have a problem with when it comes to his depiction these days is how some artists draw Dick pretty lithe, when he's been anything but that in the past. Thankfully doesn't happen much in the Nightwing or Titans books, but it definitely happened in Batgirl during Rebirth.

    The other thing is while you make this point, it's important to remember most artists and editors don't seem to care at all about canon heights anyways. Starfire should be 6'4" and yet, whenever you rarely see her on the same page as Nightwing these days, he's taller. Even Batgirl, as Babs is 5'11" and still, Dick is taller than her whenever they're on a page together. Dick has been shown to be the same height as Bruce or Clark a couple times too. It's like the characters' age, their height is just an arbitrary number assigned to them. It's all variable anyways.

    Still, his height isn't all that vital to his character. He's as tall as Bruce in Young Justice: Outsiders and is about as muscular now and it works for him there.

  6. #3141
    Reader of Stuff Hilden B. Lade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one
    Posts
    2,099

    Default

    I think Barbara Gordon being 5'11 is something that only happened in the Arkham games? Isn't comic Barbara's height 5'7 (at least according to the DC Wikia) so it would make sense for Dick to be taller than her when they share a panel.

    Though maybe the people who draw these things are just intimidated by taller people and that's why Nightwing keeps showing up taller than or equal to people who should be taller than him? :P

  7. #3142
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    I think Barbara Gordon being 5'11 is something that only happened in the Arkham games? Isn't comic Barbara's height 5'7 (at least according to the DC Wikia) so it would make sense for Dick to be taller than her when they share a panel.

    Though maybe the people who draw these things are just intimidated by taller people and that's why Nightwing keeps showing up taller than or equal to people who should be taller than him? :P
    Yeah, comic Barbara has always seemed on the short side.

  8. #3143
    Mighty Member nightbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    He is alright
    I don't think any of the people look similar to the characters in the comics

    BTW...This actor is 6'2
    in the comics, Robin is 5'10

    now, Dick is taller than Bruce in the Titans series
    he's also a bit taller than Kory, and that's supposed to be the other way around

    the only way that I enjoy this show is just to view it as an alternative take to it
    If I try to view it similar as the comics, I'd be very disappointed
    Brenton is not that tall.

    And I think Dick is one of the hardest characters to cast out there. Thatís why I enjoy when actor acts good and looks good as Dick Grayson.

  9. #3144
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    Brenton is not that tall.

    And I think Dick is one of the hardest characters to cast out there. That’s why I enjoy when actor acts good and looks good as Dick Grayson.
    His height doesn’t matter

    Everyone is fine except Jason who is will have to be replaced

  10. #3145
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,483

    Default

    Tim Duck made me realize Ric is kinda okay name. Also Ric is better at keeping his secret identity, you know, secret than Tim. We smartest Robin now! Endgame bois!

  11. #3146
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Tim Duck made me realize Ric is kinda okay name. Also Ric is better at keeping his secret identity, you know, secret than Tim. We smartest Robin now! Endgame bois!
    LMK when Ric stops spending half the book recapping his life.

  12. #3147
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,483

    Default

    Poor boy has early quarterlife onset dementia. He needs it to remember the past issue Thoughts and prayers

  13. #3148
    Astonishing Member Pohzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    tOSU
    Posts
    2,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Poor boy has early quarterlife onset dementia. He needs it to remember the past issue Thoughts and prayers
    Him forgetting to do an issue recap must be how we got here in the first place then!
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

    Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)


  14. #3149
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Him forgetting to do an issue recap must be how we got here in the first place then!
    Forgetting is Ric's superhero weakness. It was inevitable.

  15. #3150
    Wily Veteran cc008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    12,796

    Default

    So I've jumped into Batman and Red Hood reading, figured I should add Nightwing to the mix as well!! Are the New 52 paperbacks worth starting with? Or just start with Rebirth?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •