Page 280 of 295 FirstFirst ... 180230270276277278279280281282283284290 ... LastLast
Results 4,186 to 4,200 of 4424
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    There is no problem with Bludhaven. It's part of the character now, it's like saying Metropolis or Central limit their heroes.

Problem is that they have no intention of ending the current phase, to me it signals that a relaunch is near and they want to put this out as a filler until then. I'm going to take a guess that he'll come back to his senses once Crisis starts.
    Bludhaven is nowhere near important enough to Dick the way Metropolis is for Superman or Central/Keystone is to the Flashes.

He has no consistent ties there. No consistent worthwhile supporting cast or villains. All his important life events and relationships are either in Gotham, wherever the Titans are at or even Metropolis with his Uncle Superman. Bludhaven is dead weight and it should never have been brought back IMO.

It wouldn’t be impossible to make his city impossible. Either make a supporting cast for him or being someone that dock knows to live with him. Looking back on some of the characters it wouldn’t be hard to revises them

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    It wouldn’t be impossible to make his city impossible. Either make a supporting cast for him or being someone that dock knows to live with him. Looking back on some of the characters it wouldn’t be hard to revises them
    It worked fine for Dixon until devin blew it up

Maybe they will retcon all of this. I mean this Ric thing is going up to next year. I wonder since Tim and Babs has this on their own. Does Dick have his own compute system to check out criminals and doesn’t go to Batman. Because generally I have seen him not have much than I don’t read too much of Nightwing lately
    Rather than retcon, I expect it to be sweeped under. It reminds me of the time Wally had the pacemaker, now nobody cares about it.
    He had an easier access to compute system back when he was a police officer, but he used Titans system most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Bludhaven is nowhere near important enough to Dick the way Metropolis is for Superman or Central/Keystone is to the Flashes.

He has no consistent ties there. No consistent worthwhile supporting cast or villains. All his important life events and relationships are either in Gotham, wherever the Titans are at or even Metropolis with his Uncle Superman. Bludhaven is dead weight and it should never have been brought back IMO.
    He has more ties to Bludhaven than Metropolis.
    Blud is his main base of operation and became synonym to his name. Seeley's concept (he has home but travels around the world as well) was the best in modern era, and people after him should just add on to it more in my opinion. It's good for a character to have a free playground.

There is no problem with Bludhaven. It's part of the character now, it's like saying Metropolis or Central limit their heroes
    I strongly disagree. Bludhaven is a creatively bankrupt dead end and its main purpose is to act as a holding cell for Dick's character when they want him out of the way. Nothing about it is integral to the character the way Metropolis is to Superman or Central City is to Flash.

I've said this a lot, but I kind of love repeating it because it really shows just how little a connection Dick has to the city. Dick wasn't born in Bludhaven and isn't from there, none of his family is from Bludhaven either, he didn't create any of his superhero identities there, none of his major love interests are there, none of his close friends are there, no teams or organizations he is part of are there, he has no job or career that requires him to be there, and he generally has no strong ties to the city. You can't compare Bludhaven to other cities where their heroes were born and raised there, or that is where they debuted for the first time.

Maybe they will retcon all of this. I mean this Ric thing is going up to next year. I wonder since Tim and Babs has this on their own. Does Dick have his own compute system to check out criminals and doesn’t go to Batman. Because generally I have seen him not have much than I don’t read too much of Nightwing lately
    If he did, he doesn't any more. One of the first things he did as Ric was destroy his safehouse. The only thing that survived were four old costumes, since they were fireproof. The cop that Ric now calls Nightwing Prime (who wears the Rebirth costume) found them later, and handed three of them over to his friends, who became Nightwings Gold (Disco costume), Blue (the other disco costume), and Red (New 52 costume).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

He has more ties to Bludhaven than Metropolis.
    Blud is his main base of operation and became synonym to his name. Seeley's concept (he has home but travels around the world as well) was the best in modern era, and people after him should just add on to it more in my opinion. It's good for a character to have a free playground.
    Superman lives in Metropolis. He has far more history with Superman, going back to the 50s, than he does with anyone who has ever lived in Bludhaven. He, Batman and Superman are arguably the original Trinity, not with Wonder Woman.

Seeley did ok with Bludhaven, but he didn't even want to use it in the first place. it was kind of foisted on him by the larger "back to basics" approach of the Rebirth initiative. It's pretty telling that his best arcs, the first and the third and which had a heavy Grayson/Morrison flavor, had little to no Bludhaven in them. That was where his interest lay as a writer.

Wonder Woman is part of the trinity because she is one of the largest and oldest female characters that has her own title. Nightwing doesn’t have that. He didn’t have his own title until later own.

I mean why not have Bludhaven be the main city it can’t be too hard. He needs to have his own base if we need him to be more focused on his own thing.

Wonder Woman is part of the trinity because she is one of the largest and oldest female characters that has her own title. Nightwing doesn’t have that. He didn’t have his own title until later own.
    Dick Grayson in general, specifically as Robin, not just Nightwing. He didn't have a solo title, but he did have solo stories and was attached to Batman at the hip. The three of them teamed up quite a bit, and he spent more time with Bruce and Clark than Diana did originally. Overall, especially now, I'd definitely say the Trinity is those two plus WW, and Dick would be the close fourth pillar though.

I mean why not have Bludhaven be the main city it can’t be too hard. He needs to have his own base if we need him to be more focused on his own thing.
    They've had a couple decades to make Bludhaven interesting and essential to him, but it's just not happening. Unless the city was created along with a hero, it's hard to cement them there. Dick didn't get Bludhaven until the 90s, and he's existed since 1940. His main home is and always will be Gotham, with his secondary home being New York with the Titans. Otherwise I think he should just travel around. If he has his own rogues gallery, they should be able to pop in different locations along with him. Deathstroke, Raptor, Professor Pyg, Flamingo and the Fist of Cain fit the bill.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If he did, he doesn't any more. One of the first things he did as Ric was destroy his safehouse. The only thing that survived were four old costumes, since they were fireproof. The cop that Ric now calls Nightwing Prime (who wears the Rebirth costume) found them later, and handed three of them over to his friends, who became Nightwings Gold (Disco costume), Blue (the other disco costume), and Red (New 52 costume).
    Gosh, that sounds awful. If only Dick came up with the color code himself, that would be cute, because he's a dork like that, but because they came up with it, sounds awful

Bludhaven is synonymous with Nightwing because it's the first time he got a solo, much like how Robin is associated with Gotham because that's where he started and Titans with New York. Since Nightwing's debut is tied with the Titans franchise, it makes Bludhaven significant.

Even if I don't like how they handle it, being Gotham-lite, I still want to make it work, if only because it has such a cool name, but to make it work, they have to make Nightwing work first beyond being Fun Batman in Dark City

And if people want a home base that's iconic and purely Dick Grayson without ties to time or anyone else, then it would be Haly's Circus.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Not a separate appreciation thread - this thread. Shouldn't Ric be included somewhere in the long name of this thread?
    If the people in charge actually appreciate it, at least I would say okay, but the more I realize how much can be included in Ric to make it a good story but they don't, because they don't care, the angrier I get. I don't want it

It's a story about how Dick only remembers the day before Wayne Manor, but they didn't bring Haly's Circus back
    They didn't use Raptor
    They used the Court of Owls but way too late
    Scarecrow is his early villain, that's actually a good idea, but it should be the last as a memory jog
    Same with Two-Face, if they want to get him a significant villain, it should be his Year One
    They're using Joker currently, and I guess that could work since in Golden Age he's his first supervillain, but I doubt they thought that far. He's more associated with Batman and killing a Robin, and I can't help but feel he's brought in only to make Joker fans read this book, since it's losing readers, and to kill the fake Nightwing.
    I wouldn't mind the fake Nightwing story, they got their hearts in the right place... if it's not a copy of recent Bat-Bunny and We Are Robins.
    And it all boils down to amnesia being a repetitive plot device
    Not yet counting all the messes from everyone involved

Oh yeah, I'm only talking about the plot that could've happened, not the fact that Dick reject the name, Dick. That's stupid. His mother calls him Dick... and they retcon that just for this story! F it! No Ric appreciation! What did I say in the other thread? Perfect storm of illogicality, because it's obvious they don't care!
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 12-14-2019 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Not a separate appreciation thread - this thread. Shouldn't Ric be included somewhere in the long name of this thread?
    No. Robin, Nightwing, Grayson are all Dick Grayson. Ric isn't

Extraordinary Member

Babs had hooked him up until this ric ****

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Same with Two-Face, if they want to get him a significant villain, it should be his Year One
    Maybe we could close this arc with Harvey and Dick getting together over a cup of coffee to commiserate over what it's like to fall victim to a flabbergastingly stupid editorial decision.

Two-Face is a vastly more interesting antagonist for Dick than the Joker, imo. Dick's greatest antagonists, though, are undoubtedly the writers and editors at DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Gosh, that sounds awful. If only Dick came up with the color code himself, that would be cute, because he's a dork like that, but because they came up with it, sounds awful
    He actually did come up with it himself. The colours first came up in Ric's narration boxes.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He actually did come up with it himself. The colors first came up in Ric's narration boxes.
    Hmmm, I guess there's a little bit of him left then