Page 164 of 295 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214264 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 4424
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I assume the relationship just gets in the way of each writer developing the story they want to tell.
    How does that work, do they ever have to come together and let the other writer know wha they intend to do, we have 3-5 books set in the same city somtimes

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    It's better not to date Batgirl. Dick needs less Bat family, not more. I'm tired of Dick's life revolving around Gotham, Batman's territory. He needs to stay away and only visit from time to time. I'll rather read boring Nightwing Bludhaven stories than the typical Nightwing Gotham stories. At least in those stories Dick is the boss and the Man. The story should revolve around Nightwing. Not Batman. Not Batgirl. Not any other in the Bat family. Not every Nightwing fan is intrested in his Bat history. Dick Grayson is more than that.
    you sir gets a cookie. I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    How does that work, do they ever have to come together and let the other writer know wha they intend to do, we have 3-5 books set in the same city somtimes
    What Ascended means is that it gets in the way should the Nightwing or Batgirl writer wish to write a story where either of them get into a relationship with some other character.

While I agree that a relationship might put limitations on writers wishing to explore romances with different characters I don't think dating Babs ties Dick to Gotham/Batverse anymore than his history already does.

They don't have to heavily feature in each others books. He doesn't have to physically always be in Gotham for the relationship to work. Not all writers introduce a love interest anyway.
    Last edited by dietrich; 06-11-2019 at 09:01 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    What Ascended means is that it gets in the way should the Nightwing or Batgirl writer wish to write a story where either of them get into a relationship with some other character.
    Well I mean in general how do writers come into agreement of what their characters can or cannot do, what allowed to permanently happen to them. One writer cant just cut off Jason''s leg because then the writer of his solo book has to deal with it right?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Well I mean in general how do writers come into agreement of what their characters can or cannot do, what allowed to permanently happen to them. One writer cant just cut off Jason''s leg because then the writer of his solo book has to deal with it right?
    Batman #55 and Nightwing #50 would like to have a word.

I don't think they are required to unless mandated by editorial. Writers often ignore other writers are doing. Some pay attention to continuity. I think they have creative license except where otherwise agreed.

Tec has ignored/avoided most of King's Batman but I doubt Tomasi would be able to write bruce romancing Talia while king is writing him courting Selina.

He [Tomasi] might but it reflects badly on him, on the character, not to mention fucks up King's work.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Since the original solicitation implied that Percy wanted to give him vertigo, I think he agreed with the shooting, but DC override it and say he has to have amnesia. That's when he quits.

I only just recently remember this, btw

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Thats what I means how does that come into agreement, obviously Nightwing can be a sacrificial lamb he has been before but the reverse could not happen in nightwing book?

Mighty Member

Lobdell gonna write Wally. Kill me now. Dick lost Roy as his best friend to Jason. Now, Wally is next. Please... just stop... I ain't reading any DC comics for sure but this. This just makes me angry. It has been an endless pit of ****.

Astonishing Member

Lobdell gonna write Wally. Kill me now. Dick lost Roy as his best friend to Jason. Now, Wally is next. Please... just stop... I ain't reading any DC comics for sure but this. This just makes me angry. It has been an endless pit of ****.
    Dick needs to get his memories back before worrying about his friends potentially hanging out with Jason.

Its really is just sad that DC keeps going to Lobdell after these kind of shifts. First Ric, now Wally. I don't get it.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Its really is just sad that DC keeps going to Lobdell after these kind of shifts. First Ric, now Wally. I don't get it.
    If I had to guess, it could be them giving him a book he wants to write (Wally) in return for doing them a solid by accepting a last minute assignment nobody wanted (Ric). The whole “redemption” thing is one of the things that drew him toward Jason in the first place so I can see Wally’s current situation peaking his interest.

Actually i think this is just Ric all over again. They want to get something with Wally out quick to follow up on him being a hot topic, and to bridge the gap between HiC and whatever. Lobdell and Booth are old school Marvel guys versed in that style. Plus Booth is a Wally fan. So Booth can knock out the art, and then Lobdell can come in and fill in words to it. Giving DC a quick mini to fill the gap.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-12-2019 at 02:04 PM.

Orca's back in the new Frankenstein Gotham's Monsters series. And I'm will to bet there will be not a mention of Nightwing or Blüdhaven. This is why we can't settle for Dick poaching Batman's old rogues.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

At this point Dick and Wally are better suited for a Hard Traveling Heroes book than the Brave and the Bold title that's so often asked for around these parts.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)