Page 286 of 295 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286287288289290 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,290 of 4424
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Hey what do you guys think will happen to dick in 5g. Will he still be nightwing or be replaced, And if he's replaced as nightwing who would you want or be cool with replacing him? For me it's Damian or stephanie.
    I have no clue. Chances are it won't benefit him or his generation. It's unusual that there's been no mention of Dick in the potential 5G plans we've heard.

As far as 5G goes, I imagine that Dick will only be relevant insofar as to explain why he can't be the new Batman. I just hope it's not in the form of Luke or whoever else kicking his butt like they always do when they want to establish a new bat character

Hey what do you guys think will happen to dick in 5g. Will he still be nightwing or be replaced, And if he's replaced as nightwing who would you want or be cool with replacing him? For me it's Damian or stephanie.
    As much as I would love to see Damian deciding to don the Blue and Blacks after his mentor I just want Dick Grayson as Nightwing. I'm hoping not all heroes will be affected by 5g. Hoping it'll be select stories from different eras.

If Dick does end up affected, it's only 6 years so he doesn't need to hang up his hero costume just yet.

After Ric and the Nightwings the last thing I want is someone else taking taking over so soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    5G is going to be bad for the character because DC edditorial has proved it only get worse, Dick is already not Nightwing so it is pretty irrelevant but why Stephanie of all people?
    I just like that stephanie saw her future self as nightwing and I liked the costume, But yea with 5g on the way I don't get why some people are happy he's coming back in 2020 when by the time he gets back 5g will be starting up.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    As much as I would love to see Damian deciding to don the Blue and Blacks after his mentor I just want Dick Grayson as Nightwing. I'm hoping not all heroes will be affected by 5g. Hoping it'll be select stories from different eras.

If Dick does end up affected, it's only 6 years so he doesn't need to hang up his hero costume just yet.

After Ric and the Nightwings the last thing I want is someone else taking taking over so soon.
    does 5g have a 6 year time jump?

Dick is irrelevant in the wider DCU and DC events. He pretty much is completely overlooked or ignored in these big DC stories and I don't see that changing with 5G. So he will probably still be Nightwing as we already have had a year and a half of other people running around as Nightwing instead of him. Anyone new taking on the identity has kind of been spoiled now with the stupid cop Nightwings.

I would bet that Jurgens is going to stay on the book and I fear that he is going to try and use his ideas from Batman Beyond with Dick as he views his Beyond story as being canon. So Dick will still be stuck in Bludhaven and maybe try and become mayor of it for some dumb reason, or on his way to try and become that. Since maybe 5G will take place in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Valentonis View Post
    You're 100% correct. When you put it like that I actually really like the sound of it. I guess that's why I like the idea of him using Haly's Circus to cover as a traveling hero. It gives him the flexibility to be a relatively full time superhero and go where the mission takes him, while still allowing him to be around normal people and supers alike.
    I just don't think Haly's Circus is a strong enough setting to base the character there for the long term. I really have no interest in seeing Dick try and own and operate the circus again. That will just end up being a mess. I think the circus is perfect as a place Dick can go to in order to get away from his current problems. Like the Kent farm for Superman. A place that is his and cut off from all the other hectic things in his life. Taking that and immersing it in the drama and chaos of his normal life will only lead to disappointment I feel like.

I'd still just have him be a full time hero that goes where he wants to help people. Like in YJ Outsiders. He doesn't need a hook or a gimmick to operate out of and he is free to do what he wants without being tethered to a setting or location that limits him. Like lets say there is a villain using a business to cover up some crime he is doing and Dick can infiltrate the business as a normal employee and take down the villain from the inside. So you get Dick having a "normal" job and interacting with civilians, but all of this is in service to the mission he is on, and it is a formula you can change and manipulate to fit nearly any story you want. You can have him do this on his own or coordinate this with other heroes. Basically you are taking the best aspects from when he was working in Spyral, but removing the situation of him working for an organization he doesn't agree with.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Spoilers for Last Knight on Earth #3, but... spoilers:
    DC had several chances to kill Dick this time around and didn't. It's sad how relieved I was by the end of it all.
    end of spoilers

Furthermore, I want Nightwing to just be Dick's mantle and for his influence on Damian be that he finally stops living in other people's shadow (Robin, the next Batman or Ras depending on timeline) and make something for himself. Granted, he's inspired by a Kryptonian hero, but Dick outgrew being someone's partner or heir and went his own direction. More than anything, that's what Damian lacks; he's always in someone's footsteps. More than just becoming Nightwing, he should find his own way.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

6 years from now he's still only early to mid thirties. Still sexy enough to wear a Nightwing costume. So still in Bludhaven. Doing whatever.

If the Nightwings and Bea don't get crowbarred by The Joker he may share his identity and team up with them.

Yeah, both Dick and Jason probably won't be affected. Tim and Damian are more likely to be impacted. Tim recently changed his codename to Drake, but his Young Justice team will probably drastically change. Damian will age out of the Robin role. Batgirl is a complete toss up. Babs would be in her 30s too and really ought to either ditch the cowl and become Oracle again or upgrade to Batwoman. Which would free up the Batgirl name for Orphan or Spoiler.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ric haters, we may have some good news. Last issue Dick got brainwashed to become a Talon. In today's issue 67...
    spoilers:
    Condor Red snaps him out of it. The issue ends with him asking Grayson who he is. Will he answer Dick or Ric? We see him maskless but he doesn't reply, I guess we'll find out in the opening page of issue 68.
    end of spoilers
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiac View Post
    Do we really believe DC will kill off the fake Nightwings? I am pretty sure they will just get knocked out or something as Joker goes after the real deal. I WISH they did get killed because honestly amateurs like them should be way over their heads, and it would highlight how Dick Grayson is the only one suitable for the job as Nightwing and how it is not something any fool who happens upon a costume can do, but that is expecting way too much from DC. They will probably keep them around and claim they have crated a rich environment for Dick with many new popular side characters...
    Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    Moving to Metropolis would give Dick a chance to interact with Clark and family, plus expose him to all the weird science that happens there, reminiscent of his Spyral days.
    With the whole debacle surrounding Ric, I'm willing to bet they're gonna keep him as is. I like the potential of him and Luke Fox occasionally or regularly bouncing off of each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Ric haters, we may have some good news. Last issue Dick got brainwashed to become a Talon. In today's issue 67...
    spoilers:
    Condor Red snaps him out of it. The issue ends with him asking Grayson who he is. Will he answer Dick or Ric? We see him maskless but he doesn't reply, I guess we'll find out in the opening page of issue 68.
    end of spoilers
    We know the answer. Ric has months left still. You guys need to stop with this false hope. This Talon shit was always just a life line for Ric, not the return of Dick.

BTW the issue itself was one of the worst things I ever read.
    spoilers:
    Who the hell is Condor Red, and how does anyone allow Jurgan’s to pull such a nonsensical ass pull like that. This is terrible storytelling 101. This whole story, and thanks to Jurgans retcon the creation of Ric, has been rendered useless cause some random guy just happen to be flying over. Like holy shit this is new levels of awful writing. On top of that there is Talon just letting Bea stand there so he can narrate to her lol, and in the end the Court just looks like the most incompetent organization to go through all this for it to immediately fail.
    end of spoilers

Seriously the writing on this is new levels of bad. Seriously is there no one around to tell Jurgan’s no one knows who that is, and it makes no goddamn sense.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-18-2019 at 01:01 PM.

If you read the solicits, you'd know that by March he's struggling with two sets of memories. January and February were probably just vague to avoid spoilers. He's definitely on his way back. It's just a matter of how soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    We know the answer. Ric has months left still. You guys need to stop with this false hope. This Talon shit was always just a life line for Ric, not the return of Dick.

BTW the issue itself was one of the worst things I ever read.
    spoilers:
    Who the hell is Condor Red, and how does anyone allow Jurgan’s to pull such a nonsensical ass pull like that. This is terrible storytelling 101. This whole story, and thanks to Jurgans retcon the creation of Ric, has been rendered useless cause some random guy just happen to be flying over. Like holy shit this is new levels of awful writing. On top of that there is Talon just letting Bea stand there so he can narrate to her lol, and in general the Cout looking like the most incompetent orginazaion to go threw all this for it to immediately fail .
    end of spoilers

Seriously the writing on this is new levels of bad. Seriously is there no one around to tell Jurgan’s no one knows who that is, and it makes no goddamn sense.
    Thank you for your service of reading this so we don't have to