Page 251 of 295 FirstFirst ... 151201241247248249250251252253254255261 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,765 of 4424

No, It doesn't make sense, cause Damian was the first to say that Dick's parents were gunned down.
    Last edited by L.H.; 10-31-2019 at 06:40 PM.

Has Jurgens said anything about retconning Dick's parents deaths to the ASBR origin? For someone that has been around comics as long as him this feels like a major mistake unless this was somehow intentional? His decisions here with saying his parents never called him Dick (which isn't true) to come up with some dumb reason why Dick started going by Ric and the changing of their deaths to give Dick some fear of gun feels super bizarre. This feels very lazy. How did this get past editorial.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Has Jurgens said anything about retconning Dick's parents deaths to the ASBR origin? For someone that has been around comics as long as him this feels like a major mistake unless this was somehow intentional? His decisions here with saying his parents never called him Dick (which isn't true) to come up with some dumb reason why Dick started going by Ric and the changing of their deaths to give Dick some fear of gun feels super bizarre. This feels very lazy. How did this get past editorial.
    Cause they are lazy and don't really give a ****, and like Lobdell Jurgan's is one of the good hands that are seemingly protected and afforded more leeway then makes sense give how low their work charts.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-31-2019 at 08:20 PM.

Mighty Member

I heard Nightwing is good again. That's good news.

Mighty Member

Jurgens turning this Ric thing around. Things getting interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    I heard Nightwing is good again. That's good news.
    Oh....somebody lied to you, friend XD

Ya, its really not. The bar is just really low.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Oh....somebody lied to you, friend XD
    I liked it. Ric isn't pointless anymore. I'm anticipating the next issue.

Ric is still pointless, Jurgan's Talon arc is as much of a lazy dud as anything that came before. Its not going anywhere.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-31-2019 at 08:29 PM.

Mighty Member

Just my opinion, friend.

Yeah. Ric now being tangled in some convoluted Court of Owls scheme (again) doesn't really stop him from being useless. He's still the same boring lump of nothing that wore out his welcome the second he was introduced. At this point, any semblance of a story he has left is just filler until Dick returns.

Mighty Member

Sounds like Superior Spider-Man yet I liked that too.

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Sounds like Superior Spider-Man yet I liked that too.
    I was actually kinda into that too. The concept was incredibly stupid but it ended up being one of the most interesting things to ever happen to Otto in recent years. Maybe if Ric had been half as compelling as Superior Spider-man, the situations could have been similar.

A Nightwing amnesia story isn't really a idea (**** I've read fanfics that did it better than this entire arc) but the execution here is just soooo....bad. Ric is a boring, unlikable asshat who bitches about superhero life while actively working as a superhero. His family are all horrible people for abandoning him. His squadron of Nightwing cops are all as boring as he is. The retcons made to his past (again) are unnecessary. And him getting wrapped up in another Court of Owls plot just makes this whole thing even more pointless when the entire point of "Ric" was to tread new ground with the character.

It really was nothing like Superior Spider-man. That had actual thought and care put into it. This story was very lazily put together and had a bunch of forced retcons that made no sense. Ric and his entire supporting cast are still worthless and frustrating. Moore's art was good as always, but outside of that I really don't get why this Annual is getting praise.

Saying that Ric was all for a dragged out lazy tie-in arc, that we know by the January solics, goes nowhere doesn't make Ric actually any better. This deus ex machina of Jurgan's is self serving. Its just more lazy writing, treating Nightwing readers as if their stupid and haven't realize what the deal really was with Ric. Jurgan's is taking advantage of the previous laziness to try and make his current arc seem more important. Inserting the illusion of a plan well after the fact. Ric as a character still sucks, his reactions and personally here were still as boring and unlikable as ever, and Jurgan's story isn't actually going anywhere either. Halfway in and it is as much of a dud as anything that came before. In the end when the Court go though all this just to fail by January and get beat by Ric and a group of nobodies, they are just gonna look stupid and more watered down. Maybe if they were gonna run with Dick becoming a Talon, but we know thats not going to happen. Ric and the nobodies triumph. As if thats who anybody is rooting for at this point.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-31-2019 at 09:33 PM.