Page 175 of 295 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225275 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 4424

Red Hood I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Red Hood I believe.
    Oh, thanks. I thougt Jason was still wearing a hood, but I'm not reading RHATO.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L.H. View Post
    Oh, thanks. I thougt Jason was still wearing a hood, but I'm not reading RHATO.
    Some times it’s a helmet, sometimes it’s a hood. On special days it’s both.

Depends on the mood mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    I don't think either would work to effect any change. I think that more than one fan bringing it up and calling it what it is, trash, would most effectively embarrass them. They'd shrug off the business acumen of a fan at comicon as easily as they'd shrug of someone shouting obscenities. Really all I want is for it to keep coming up so that they are forced to address it. And so that they are rightly embarrassed for their stupidity.

But yeah, the announcement of a linewide direction that includes Dick coming back would obviously be preferable.
    Oh Im not saying it would change anything. Just that DC deserves some public humiliation and a little bad PR over it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Hmm... the bad character treatment that gave DC bad PR to the point where they actually do something about it was The Fridging of Stephanie Brown and The Character Assassination of Cassandra Cain. I wasn't there back then, so what did they do? The fans, I mean.

Any one see the TTGo movie, it’s kind of hilarious.

Fantastic Member

You mean Go To The Movies ? Yeah it’s good. I liked that Dick decided the Wayne’s must die right away in the comics, so this is actually accurate in a sense.

Watched LEGO : Family Matters too. It’s hilarious how everyone has to be turned into Dick these days.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by L.H. View Post
    I've seen the Batman/Superman panel about Batman Who Laughs infected.
    Wally wears a scarf, and... Who is this supposed to be? Why the red suit? I'm not reading Nightwing wannabies, can someone please explain?
    Looks like Tims new costume. I have only seen it without color, but yeah, the straps are there, tho the sticks on his back arent in the picture i saw.
    Also no Robin is a nightwing wannabe. Unless by nightwing wannabe you mean every hero moving from being a sidekick into their own thing is a nightwing wannabe.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Yeah, Dick coming back is almost pointless for me right now. The damage has been done. No matter how they bring him back, after what HiC has done to the DCU, there's just no conceivable way I can think of that would actually get me excited for his return. Either they deal with all the baggage of HiC, or they don't. The former is going to have to fundamentally change Dick's status quo (i.e. Winnick's Outsiders) to ring true and I doubt that's going to happen, and the latter is just going to make the character feel incredibly fake. Either way, it's not going to change the larger problem of Nightwing being subservient to the Batman IP and not being given any kind of importance in the greater DCU. He's going to be stuck in Bludhaven or Gotham doing what he's always doing, but this time we won't have a Seeley to write it. We'll get our Lobdells and Jurgens. That's why I've been placing a lot more importance on Lost Carnival, that's a story where Dick is the main character, where he gets his own universe to develop and develop in.
    I pretty much feel the same way. After everything that has happened to Dick and in the DCU if Dick just goes back to what he was doing then it is a complete slap in the face, which there has been many of them lately. I don't see how he could just go back to status quo and not have some fundamental change, like you said with a Winnick's Outsiders type of change, given everything that happened. It is a joke that he would go back to the same old stuff, but they don't care about the character or telling interesting stories with the character. So I don't expect any of this to happen and I think it is a lost cause to even hope for it and DC will just go back to doing what they always do with Dick's character in the end. Undermining and marginalizing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    Looks like Tims new costume. I have only seen it without color, but yeah, the straps are there, tho the sticks on his back arent in the picture i saw.
    Also no Robin is a nightwing wannabe. Unless by nightwing wannabe you mean every hero moving from being a sidekick into their own thing is a nightwing wannabe.
    'The Nightwings' are literally Nightwing Wannabes and one of them dresses similar to the guy pictured.

You know the story currently going on in the Nightwing comic
    Last edited by dietrich; 07-12-2019 at 03:51 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    'The Nightwings' are literally Nightwing Wannabes and one of them dresses similar to the guy pictured.
    Ah, misread, now i understand he meant the nightwing book.

You know the story currently going on in the Nightwing comic
    I hate you for reminding me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    Tim and Damian are both on the panel with their Robin suit.
    As Dietrich pointed out, I was referring to the four new characters in Nightwing comic.

Anyone want to share their favorite era of Dick Grayson - either in characterization or in storylines?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

The Batman Who Laughs isn’t that incompetent enough to Target one of Ric’s backup singers. Give the guy some credit at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Anyone want to share their favorite era of Dick Grayson - either in characterization or in storylines?
    It's a mix between the Wolfman NTT, up to when the marriage to Kori went off the rails, and Dixon's Nightwing solo.

Dixon did some great stuff building a setting for Dick that was his own. I know everyone here hates Bludhaven, and after the way DC has handled things since Infinite Crisis I get why. And I agree that Dick's not the kind of hero who'd stick to one city. But Dixon gave Dick a setting, a rogues gallery, and a love interest all his own and no one has topped it, though Seeley/King and the Grayson series might've if it had kept going a little longer.

The NTT stuff never seems to get the credit it deserves for modern era Dick. A lot of character growth and development that I now consider essential reading for Nightwing came from Wolfman.

The Grayson series was brilliant, and easily the best thing we'd had since the 90's. I really loved that series. But it ended too soon and doesn't seem to have had a lasting impact. It's still one of my favorite Dick Grayson eras, but I don't think it's proven to be as important or defining. And Morrison's DickBats stuff was great too of course, but I don't feel like it reinvented the wheel the same way Wolfman/Dixon/Seely/King did.
    Last edited by Ascended; 07-13-2019 at 04:31 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.