Page 66 of 295 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    that depends on the attitude of jason

originally yes
    then he got reconnected into a jerk as a kid

so who knows
    Original Jason was a blonde Dick Grayson clone. Circus acrobats, parents killed when rope was cut, etc. Retcon Jason was at least his own character.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ric's here till the current series ends i'd bet.

Also seems Ric is becoming a guest in this own book, lol.

D'oh for fluff sake.

I just got done with Kingdom Hearts 3 and this is still going. I'm moving on to Resident Evil 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    He'll (possibly) go back to the classic costume the same way Bruce went back to his costume after being broken by Bane, same way Clark went back to his costume after being killed, and that applies to Hal, Barry, Arthur, Diana, etc.

As for what the book does after this Ric nonsense is over......who knows. Didio's proving that the book will sell no matter how terrible it is so we might just keep getting the same kind of crap we have been. Or, if its part of a big new launch within the Bat titles, there might be a new (or old) status quo brought back in. Its comics; everything moves in cycles....we just have to see what the next rotation will bring us.
    I feel that it is a bit different though. Dick got shot in the head because he wears no protective head gear. It is a very clear visual problem as opposed to a Bruce who got his back broken while wearing his Batman suit. You could say that Bruce added more protective elements to his suit's back to help prevent it from happening again, but it is irrelevant since it wouldn't be something you obviously see. Here Dick got shot in the head by KGBeast and to go back and wear the same thing feels strange. Then again Dick, or Ric, is basically acting like a dumb hero again and not wearing anything so I guess it is a meaningless point I'm bringing up, lol. Though I think Dick going back and wearing the same costume the dumb cop Nightwing is wearing is a problem.

That being said I think all this will get ignored obviously. Same with stuff like what Dick's opinions are on KGBeast who shot him and what he will do if he sees him again, or how other people in the Batman family can't really argue against him with points about their own traumatic events when Dick got his brains blown out. So elements of their dynamics should be changed forever, but this story is so shit I can't see anyone really doing anything like that with it.
    Last edited by Badou; 02-21-2019 at 07:00 AM.

I mean, do you want fallout from this? Dick changing headgear bc of this would be terrible. He has always worn just the domino mask. This will probably be ignored, you're right, and that is the only saving grace to this at all. Once its done, the next writer should be able to pretend this didn't happen.

BANNED

If I was writing Dick I would say his acrobatic skills are just too good for him to get shot in the head. just let him dodge bullets. I've seen acrobats do crazy things in real life

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    I mean, do you want fallout from this? Dick changing headgear bc of this would be terrible. He has always worn just the domino mask. This will probably be ignored, you're right, and that is the only saving grace to this at all. Once its done, the next writer should be able to pretend this didn't happen.
    Nightwing doesn't have a cape because Dick found it cumbersome.

They can always go the "hey i took a sniper shot to the head, and didn't die. I must have one of the most durable heads ever" route.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-21-2019 at 03:04 PM.

They can always go the "hey i took a sniper shot to the head, and didn't die. I most have one of the most durable heads ever" route.
    This just reminded me of Skyrim.

"I used to be a costumed hero like you, until I took a bullet to the head."

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

They can always go the "hey i took a sniper shot to the head, and didn't die. I most have one of the most durable heads ever" route.
    Or the “I won’t let getting shot in the head change who I am” route (Ric won’t count because Ric don’t know who he is)

Or it could be that he just forgets about needing to protect his head
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Or it could be that he just forgets about needing to protect his head
    Maybe take a cue from Jason and start wearing a helmet?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Maybe take a cue from Jason and start wearing a helmet?
    That would be the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    That would be the worst.
    Not a red one, but something like the Thor helmet, but blue?

Dudes worn domino masks since 1940. There are very few exceptions to that in 79 years. Changing his (dare I say) iconic look because of a throwaway storyline that exists to advance the Bat writer's plot and is allowed because the eic doesn't like the character would be a huge mistake.

BANNED

Ric's here till the current series ends i'd bet.

Also seems Ric is becoming a guest in this own book, lol.

Doesn't even look like a guest shot--more like a cameo. The variant covers are lovely, but they're false advertising.