Page 188 of 295 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198238288 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 4424
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    Lol. Don't get me wrong. I'm not bursting at the seems for it. But I went from faithfully buying floppies 2x a month, to catching up on trades through comixology, to not even bothering to pirate this stuff. Dick with no memory of Robin, but actually a working memory of the circus, as a Talon is at least an interesting concept. I can't say that about "I hate batman and drive a cab and wear grease on my face" Ric. So what I'm saying is... I'll pirate it, and if it doesn't suck I'll give them my money again.
    Ouch. Not that I disagree, but in this day and age when the pirating stops it's time to toss that story out with the non recyclables.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    So he campaigned for it, only wrote like 4 issues and disregarded it completely 7 issues letter. And edditorial went with it even when "his best book work" doesn't sell that well?

....Poor Wally

Right, LoL. I just don’t get it.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-25-2019 at 09:03 PM.

So editoriql could have stopped it? Wow. How does someone like Lobdell have that much power? (That's a rethorical question, please don't answer that.)

I just hope Titans gets it together this season, so it can make me forget about the Ric stuff for a bit.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I'm not interested in dwelling on what already happened since it's too annoying. I'll move on to the future.

So can we safely conclude that once Year of The Villain is over there is no reason to keep Dick as Ric anymore?

Lobdell insisted Dick stay Ric because he wanted to explore it. He's out.
    Didio said he has plans for Dick which I assume meant to be Year of The Villain Talon.
    I imagine Snyder already started planning Year of The Villain at least half a year ago and Didio got the idea.
    Editorial said they didn't imagine Ric to last this long. 3 issues top.
    King said at the beginning he's ready to use Zatanna to cure Dick at any time.
    Dan Jurgens is only brought in because Lobdell's replacement turns out to be a pedophile or something and probably to buy time until Year of The Villain.

So after Year of The Villain, there's no reason to keep him Ric.

When did Didio say he had plans for Dick? I only remember him talking about Dick last year when he was talking about Percy's run and how Percy was setting up a DCU wide story for his Nightwing book with the Dark Web where Dick would be put in forefront of the DCU in it, but all that got scrapped I thought when King wanted to shoot Dick in the head and Percy wanted off the book. I seriously doubt any of this was Year of the Villain related back then.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I vaguely remember somebody at Sdcc saying they have plans for Wally but nothing about Dick.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

What's even more curious is that if editorial did only want it to last a few issues originally...WHY did they not tell the next writer to wrap it up. It could have been wrapped in just a few issues and we could have gotten on with our Nightwing, instead here I am not buying the book waiting for this ridiculous thing to end like a bad dream and obviously I am not alone.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I'm not interested in dwelling on what already happened since it's too annoying. I'll move on to the future.

So can we safely conclude that once Year of The Villain is over there is no reason to keep Dick as Ric anymore?

Lobdell insisted Dick stay Ric because he wanted to explore it. He's out.
    Didio said he has plans for Dick which I assume meant to be Year of The Villain Talon.
    I imagine Snyder already started planning Year of The Villain at least half a year ago and Didio got the idea.
    Editorial said they didn't imagine Ric to last this long. 3 issues top.
    King said at the beginning he's ready to use Zatanna to cure Dick at any time.
    Dan Jurgens is only brought in because Lobdell's replacement turns out to be a pedophile or something and probably to buy time until Year of The Villain.

So after Year of The Villain, there's no reason to keep him Ric.
    If he becomes a Talon he will not be Ric anymore. He won’t be Nightwing but he would essentially be accepting that he is Richard Grayson not some hobo. That November acetate cover looks good. I hope they have the guts to do it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    If he becomes a Talon he will not be Ric anymore. He won’t be Nightwing but he would essentially be accepting that he is Richard Grayson not some hobo. That November acetate cover looks good. I hope they have the guts to do it.
    It would probably take Babs Damian and Bruce to y’all him out of whatever brainwashing the owls do to him

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    I think thats presumptuous. You really think Jurgens is gonna drop all things Ric that he’s been doing nothing but towing the line with. There has been no indication that this wouldn’t be Ric forced to be a Talon. If he even truly becomes a Talon.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-26-2019 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    What's even more curious is that if editorial did only want it to last a few issues originally...WHY did they not tell the next writer to wrap it up. It could have been wrapped in just a few issues and we could have gotten on with our Nightwing, instead here I am not buying the book waiting for this ridiculous thing to end like a bad dream and obviously I am not alone.
    100% same.

My LCS owner kept ordering it for me by accident, so DC probably thought I was still picking it up (I wasn't, I had been putting it back on the shelf).
    Luckily I just changed states and shops, so DC will get the correct message.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    When did Didio say he had plans for Dick? I only remember him talking about Dick last year when he was talking about Percy's run and how Percy was setting up a DCU wide story for his Nightwing book with the Dark Web where Dick would be put in forefront of the DCU in it, but all that got scrapped I thought when King wanted to shoot Dick in the head and Percy wanted off the book. I seriously doubt any of this was Year of the Villain related back then.
    I don't remember the exact time but it was sometime after Ric happened. I don't remember how long after. Between late last year to February. Basically long enough for me to think it's gonna happen a year after Ric began (because of the whole habit from DC to drag characters in different interpretation for a year like Superheavy)

It was posted here in this forum and people's general reaction at that time was "yeah right"

Back then I thought it's the plan was for Dick 80th anniversary but then I realized it was still Batman's year.

Then I thought it's gonna be him returning to the Batfam to help takeout Bane but that didn't happen in Batman #71 and it was still a while until #75, and now, #85

A day before the solicit came out I thought it's going to be either Talon or Leviathan. I was waiting for the October solicit because that's the exact month Ric began last year. If nothing were to happen, I was gonna dismiss it as Didio lip service.

The solicit's out, it's Talon. Underwhelming, since Talon is something I thought should happen the moment he's amnesia, but I didn't expect something epic anyway since the 80th anniversary is still next year.

So working backward, I think it was for Year of The Villain because I can imagine Snyder setting up his story that far back. He's kinda been worldbuilding since Metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I vaguely remember somebody at Sdcc saying they have plans for Wally but nothing about Dick.
    That's why I posted on Wally's thread "you literally said the exact same thing for Dick but it hasn't happened yet"

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    That's why I think by that point they already planning to make Dick Talon for Year of The Villain. So they just hold it off until then.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 07-26-2019 at 11:55 AM.

I recall Didio talking about plans for Nightwing and what it’s going to represent with HiC. Though he still thought Percy was writing the book LoL. Anyway it was all bullshit. They don’t put utility guys like Lobdell and Jurgens, names that struggle to crack the top 100, on books they have real plans for. These are their make things up as they go, fill in the art, guys. Though for some reason they let them campaign and actually influence what they do with the character. What a joke. And Dido says he doesn’t get the market anymore, gee you think. DC’s old men club need to go. The guys at the bottom of the charts should not have that kind of influence.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-26-2019 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I recall Didio talking about plans for Nightwing and what it’s represents befor HiC. Though he still thought Percy was writing the book LoL. Anyway it was all bullshit. They don’t put utility guys like Lobdell and Jurgens, names that struggle to crack the top 100, on books they have plans for. These are their make things up as they go, fill in the art, guys. Though for some reason they let them campaign and actually influence what they do with character. What a joke. A Dido says he doesn’t get the market anymore, gee you think. DC’s old men club need to go.
    If that's it then I just remember it wrong and confuse it with something else. Mainly how DC/Marvel like to break/kill/replace heroes only to bring them back exactly a year later, so I thought, oh it's this kinda thing again.

This is a last minute throw crap on the wall with bad, out of touch, creators kind of thing. There is no plan. Just lazy editors passing things to lazy creators.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-26-2019 at 12:43 PM.