Page 266 of 295 FirstFirst ... 166216256262263264265266267268269270276 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 3,990 of 4424
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Supergirl has a live-action and they benched her for a year in comics because they were waiting for Rebirth relaunch. It's not gonna do anything. At least while they still have a plan for that timeline relaunch. Once they relaunch, maybe, but not soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    well....maybe? I can think of plenty of characters who have been getting a lot of exposure on screen but aren't getting much love in the comics. I think part of it is that we live in an age where so many characters have made the jump to live action treatment.
    You guys are forgetting how bottom of the barrel we are withndick in the comics right now. It cannot get any worse. Supergirl tv show was right before the rebirth where they made her look match the show I believe. It did not derail her, as far as I know she participates is most Superman family events and crossovers. Then again I guess Kara never is a threat to Clark, they should be more or less equal in power but it never feels that way.

My point is that it would be more difficult to justify hiding away nightwing like DC has done many time over the last 8
    Years as he becomes more recognizable to the public He is more or less the face of the dcuniverse network and I love that

It’s not gonna do ****. Titans is already at the end of season 2 and they have done nothing to increase their profile or incorporate the show. The only thing we got was another mediocre Jurgan’s book with Tim Drake at the helm, LoL. Nightwing has never been a hard sell for them with in the comic market as it is, but nonetheless the old guys behind the comics don’t care and just have no interest in investing into his character any more then they have to. The’ll bring Nightwing back at their convenience, but don’t expect much deviation from them just using Nightwing as a platform to keep other old dudes busy with lazy editors.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-23-2019 at 08:47 AM. Reason: ,

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    It’s not gonna do ****. Titans is already at the end of season 2 and they have done nothing to increase their profile or incorporate the show. The only thing we got was another mediocre Jurgan’s book with Tim Drake at the helm, LoL. Nightwing has never been a hard sell for them with in the comic market as it is, but nonetheless the old guys behind the comics don’t care and just have no interest in investing into his character any more then they have to. The’ll bring Nightwing back at their convenience, but don’t expect much deviation from them just using Nightwing as a platform to keep other old dudes busy with lazy editors.
    When did the light die in your eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Looking awesome .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Looking awesome .
    Agreed. Very Arkham Knight-y. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    When did the light die in your eyes
    Nightwing #51 v4

Extraordinary Member

A special for Nightwing and Batgirl coming before valentines day written by actor Jay Baruchel
    https://screenrant.com/jay-baruchel-...twing-batgirl/

it will be apart of crimes of passion

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Looking awesome .
    The only real downside is the mask is just his Robin one. Hope that changes.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    He could use a belt too, I think, like the Young Justice cartoon... does he have any pockets? Seems like a downgrade from the Robin suit in terms of pockets without a belt.

I haven't seen the new episode yet though so I don't know how it looks in motion... probably shadowy.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    at least they got the gloves right

Little details like the gloves warms my heart

For real, they did right by Dick as far as the suit goes. Still havent watched the show but the odds of me tuning in for season 3 are improving a whole lot.

Now, is this show going to make Didio suddenly realize how much potential revenue he's losing because he keeps taking dumps on Nightwing? No. The fact that Dick's book sold as well and as consistently as it did (yknow, back when things weren't so gods awful) should've been reason enough for any sane businessman to put a little effort and investment into the character. But Didio's been able to get away with all this crap because his bosses don't care. They're too far above the publishing to really notice stuff like this.

What we need is for Didio's bosses to take notice of the character and then tell Didio to stop sabotaging him. We don't need Didio to change his mind, we need his bosses to recognize Nightwing's potential.

I'm not convinced that this is going to make an impact on WB/AT&T. Even if the show is doing well in streaming services (and it was at one point right?) that's still pocket change for the guys at the top, and comic books are so far down the list of things they gotta contend with they don't register at all. And no matter how big Nightwing gets he'll still be stuck behind whatever DC/WB/AT&T do with the Bat. But on the bright side, the massive multi-billion dollar industry that is superheroes starts on the printed page, and at this point even the most obtuse corporate smuck knows that these IP's are worth adapting, and you start that process at the comics level (mining the source material, etc). All it takes is Didio's bosses noticing Nightwing and wondering why more isn't being done with him. At that point, Didio's opinions are worth less than our's, since we'd be the ones buying the movie tickets.

It's a long shot, yeah. But I refuse to believe that in a world where the friggin Guardians of the Galaxy can be a major blockbuster franchise that Nightwing can't get even a *little* respect.
    Last edited by Ascended; 11-24-2019 at 08:10 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    For real, they did right by Dick as far as the suit goes. Still havent watched the show but the odds of me tuning in for season 3 are improving a whole lot.

Now, is this show going to make Didio suddenly realize how much potential revenue he's losing because he keeps taking dumps on Nightwing? No. The fact that Dick's book sold as well and as consistently as it did (yknow, back when things weren't so gods awful) should've been reason enough for any sane businessman to put a little effort and investment into the character. But Didio's been able to get away with all this crap because his bosses don't care. They're too far above the publishing to really notice stuff like this.

What we need is for Didio's bosses to take notice of the character and then tell Didio to stop sabotaging him. We don't need Didio to change his mind, we need his bosses to recognize Nightwing's potential.

I'm not convinced that this is going to make an impact on WB/AT&T. Even if the show is doing well in streaming services (and it was at one point right?) that's still pocket change for the guys at the top, and comic books are so far down the list of things they gotta contend with they don't register at all. And no matter how big Nightwing gets he'll still be stuck behind whatever DC/WB/AT&T do with the Bat. But on the bright side, the massive multi-billion dollar industry that is superheroes starts on the printed page, and at this point even the most obtuse corporate smuck knows that these IP's are worth adapting, and you start that process at the comics level (mining the source material, etc). All it takes is Didio's bosses noticing Nightwing and wondering why more isn't being done with him. At that point, Didio's opinions are worth less than our's, since we'd be the ones buying the movie tickets.

It's a long shot, yeah. But I refuse to believe that in a world where the friggin Guardians of the Galaxy can be a major blockbuster franchise that Nightwing can't get even a *little* respect.
    Dick/nightwing is basicly the star of dcuniverse site itself and I hope that being the face of that protect him in hencomics viewership of the show and intrest from the gp will help push for fast tracking the oboe even if it’s a HBOMAX exclusive

Once he gets a move no one can touch him and the tv show will help

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Yeah, I heard that's pretty much how they kept saving Robin. Jason died, but the top (I don't know if DC's already under WB at that point) still wants to sell Robin, so they make Tim. Damian died and DC wanted to go with Snyder and push Duke, but WB demands Damian returns because they still want to sell Son of Batman.

I'm re-reading old Nightwing. I've got to issue 13 of Chuck Dixon's run. There is a really strange page in issue 13. Bruce is in Dicks apartment, standing by his computer. He pulls out a big red bible. It is in no way relevant to the plot and it's hard to tell if it was hidden by Dicks computer, it wasn't visible earlier, or if Bruce brought it. Bizarre. Never reall thought of Dick as religious.