Page 174 of 295 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224274 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 4424

Quote Originally Posted by L.H. View Post
    It has already been posted
    Also, in Teen Titans: Raven, Kami Garcia says that the book is part of a series about the Teen Titans, so we're going to have another Dick Graphic Novel announcement. They have already announced the Beast Boy one, for summer 2020.
    By the way, I've loved the Raven issue, hope this quality will stick and improve.
    Thank you. I must have missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Thank you. I must have missed it.
    Well, there are so much bad news that we can miss the good ones!

Extraordinary Member

The dc universe comics are uploaded a year behind ther original release
    Were almost reached the Rick saga, here i thought it would at least be over in real life

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    The dc universe comics are uploaded a year behind ther original release
    Were almost reached the Rick saga, here i thought it would at least be over in real life
    I'm really hoping that sdcc announces a new direction. Or that angry fans yell at the DC panel nonstop.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    I'm really hoping that sdcc announces a new direction. Or that angry fans yell at the DC panel nonstop.
    The world won’t rally for him until he is on the screen we need his debut in seasonn2 if Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    The world won’t rally for him until he is on the screen we need his debut in seasonn2 if Titans
    This is comicon though. If there is a group of people who will rally to shout at DiDio, its sdcc

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    Agreed. Though I would much rather they announce a new direction. DC already knows that Ric is unpopular; the sales seem to tell a fairly straight forward story, even if DC is discounting the social media chatter as a small, grumpy minority of the audience. They know we're pissed so yelling at them probably wouldn't change anything. And really, its just comics, yelling at people in public over a comic? Even the fools who made the comic suck so bad? Pretty immature. I know Didio and some creators have taken shots at us wingnuts, but someone has to be the adult.

I'd rather see someone come at them with facts and examples and a workable understanding of basic business, and make them try to justify their actions and explain why this is good for the IP and company. Angry shouting doesn't warrant any kind of real reply. But if you're respectful, thoughtful, and calm they can't *not* answer you in kind without looking like a-holes. And if you speak their language (business) and they don't provide an equally business-y answer, everyone knows that it's not about business or what's good for the IP, but a personal bias that has no place influencing decisions at the office.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

As to continue to protect the lazy and poor editors and creators responsible for Ric, a change from Ric will probably be done quietly. DC knows Ric is unpopular, they know it has flatline sales at its low, and they know it’s now just fodder for their in house guys to get some work. They just don’t care.
    At the same time though they don’t want to bring light to it either. A bunch of people cheering that they are ending Ric isn’t going to make them look good, as they created Ric and continued to enable it and the continuous **** work despite how obviously bad and lazy it is. So they aren’t going to admit or make it look like in anyway that they knowing knew it sucked and readers were unhappy, yet continued to produce and facilitated it anyway.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-09-2019 at 04:05 PM.

Exactly, and asking them to explain the business logic in their choices? I'm sure it'd be quite embarrassing for them. WB doesnt care enough to step in and we fans can't do anything about it (except drop the book) but we could expose the BS to the wider community and throw some bad PR at DC. People bitching on social media? No one actually cares, it doesn't amount to anything. But embarrassing them publicly at SDCC? That would get a little attention, and even if that's not enough to force a course-correction (which it wouldn't be) it's the least DC deserves.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I don't think either would work to effect any change. I think that more than one fan bringing it up and calling it what it is, trash, would most effectively embarrass them. They'd shrug off the business acumen of a fan at comicon as easily as they'd shrug of someone shouting obscenities. Really all I want is for it to keep coming up so that they are forced to address it. And so that they are rightly embarrassed for their stupidity.

But yeah, the announcement of a linewide direction that includes Dick coming back would obviously be preferable.

It doesn't matter. DC and its creators will continue to spin Ric as being an "exciting era in Dick Grayson's career" like they do in all those fake interviews when they bring on new creators to the book. Where they just groan on and on about how excited they are to write this story and explore new aspects of Dick's character as Ric. Garbage like that. Even with public ridicule they will never admit how **** it is and say that the story arc went on for way too long and was bad. That their hands were tied because of all the other books and stories going on at the moment (mostly King's stories) and they were clueless with what to do with his character during them. They will never say anything like that and be truthful about it. They never are.

They will just continue to act like it is fine and then just swiftly move on to more generic Nightwing stories once King's story is finished and Dick can come back. I don't think this Ric stuff is leading to anything or there is any big plan for the character after it. Dick is completely irrelevant in DC right now. From the wider DCU to the Batman books. It doesn't matter if he moves editorial offices because there is no one at DC that has any investment in his character and wants to support and fight for him. His own book has been a prison sentence where they can isolate the character and ignore him, the Batman book he is abused and written terribly just to prop up Batman's character, he is irrelevant in all the other Bat books, he was written as a joke and probably has his worst characterization I've ever read in Titans, and all those big event stories he is irrelevant in them.

He has no role and is pointless in Doomsday Clock, despite all those characters involved in HiC he had no role in that, things like The Three Jokers he has no role in, he is irrelevant in Leviathan despite all the ties he had to people and agencies involved, even stuff before Ric like No Justice he was irrelevant in, and even things like Year of the Villain from Snyder he is pointless. They are doing a lazy tie in story with that like all other DC books and readers want to act excited because it means that Ric might be ending, but it all doesn't matter. DC has shown a complete lack of support or care for the character going back even before the Ric story and I don't get why anyone would be hopeful that things would get better even if Ric ends.

I mean when Ric ends and Dick is Nightwing again what are people expecting at this point? That he is going to immediately go back to fighting crime in Bludhaven as Nigthwing in more uninspired stories? Which is basically what he has been doing as Ric despite not wanting to do that. That he is suddenly going to become an important DCU figure and start mattering in DCU wide stories despite never being that even before this whole mess started? He is DC's 3rd most published character and they would rather write the character off for a year and ignore him rather than do anything interesting and exciting with him. That should tell you all you need to know about how DC and its management values the character right now.

Yeah, Dick coming back is almost pointless for me right now. The damage has been done. No matter how they bring him back, after what HiC has done to the DCU, there's just no conceivable way I can think of that would actually get me excited for his return. Either they deal with all the baggage of HiC, or they don't. The former is going to have to fundamentally change Dick's status quo (i.e. Winnick's Outsiders) to ring true and I doubt that's going to happen, and the latter is just going to make the character feel incredibly fake. Either way, it's not going to change the larger problem of Nightwing being subservient to the Batman IP and not being given any kind of importance in the greater DCU. He's going to be stuck in Bludhaven or Gotham doing what he's always doing, but this time we won't have a Seeley to write it. We'll get our Lobdells and Jurgens. That's why I've been placing a lot more importance on Lost Carnival, that's a story where Dick is the main character, where he gets his own universe to develop and develop in.

There's no accountability on the character, so the same people that have been behind his book for Ric are going to remain and continue to put the same inept and lazy effort they put into Ric. Why, cause they can. Things for the character are probably gonna be worse after Ric in ways, because thats when they are going to see the true results of telling fans here a plate crap, enjoy it or not, we don't actually care either way. You can't utterly **** on a character's reader base, and display this level of not giving a **** with the charter to the general audience, then think that it is not gonna have an after effect or readers will come again after.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-09-2019 at 08:56 PM.

never too old for dad to love [Bruce, Dick, Jason, Tim and Damian]

https://doc-squash.tumblr.com
    Last edited by dietrich; 07-10-2019 at 12:33 AM.

I've seen the Batman/Superman panel about Batman Who Laughs infected.
    Wally wears a scarf, and... Who is this supposed to be? Why the red suit? I'm not reading Nightwing wannabies, can someone please explain?
    Attached Images Attached Images