Page 257 of 295 FirstFirst ... 157207247253254255256257258259260261267 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,855 of 4424

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post

Altered version of how Dick got an idea to become Nightwing in this universe.
    Not surprised they had to change the Nightwing name origin, but still disappointed. The change and how they went about it feels a bit unnecessary.

At least they are giving it an origin. That being said this whole prison situation Dick finds himself in is over dramatic nonsense. I like the show quite bit, but this whole prison thing is silly.

I am actually fine with the show's Nightwing origin. Works for the show and the character's arc within the show. But the prison stuff is stupid. Dick thought going to prison and possibly (hopefully? for he seems to kind of want it) getting killed there is the way to make up for Jericho? WTH? If the prison stint is going to make him realize his thing is to help people and be a hero (even if making mistakes at times) and go back to that with a new attitude (where he is aware of his self-worth) and name, I am fine with that.

But the prison story is otherwise problematic.. For example, is he or is he not sentenced to 7 years? the opening scene made it look like he is sentenced already but when the guard was checkign his file it said "awaiting trial" so looks like he didn't actually get sentenced yet? Just how fast was that "trial" if he is already sentenced? I am guessing he made a deal with the prosecutor pleading guilty and accepting 7 years but the actual sentencing hasn't happened yet?? Also how is it NOT making the headlines that Bruce Wayne's adopted son who is a Detective got himself a 7 years sentence for assaulting a federal officer? If we are to assume Bruce silences those reports, he should be making an appearence soon enough to see just what the hell is up with Dick, no?

Anyway, guess the finale episode will be called "Nightwing" with Dick as Nightwing for the last scene of it or something. And we will have to wait an entire year to see our boy as Nightwing... *sigh*
    Last edited by Schumiac; 11-08-2019 at 05:50 PM.

They have Superboy running around. Not like it would be that difficult to come up with some Superman connection for the Nightwing name. The Superman connection is one of the things I like most about the Nightwing origin. Throwing it all away for some name he got while in prison feels so unnecessary. Some of the decisions they have made with this show are baffling to me.

But I haven't been that fond of the Titans show overall. The first season kind of lost me and I haven't really been able to get into the second season that well, but I was interested in seeing how they would introduce him as Nightwing as it will be the first ever live action appearance of it. It just sucks it is some original nonsense that kills my interest a bit more. Was just a big let down. I really like the actor they have playing Dick and there are a few moment here and there where it feels like he could be so good in the role, but the writing around his character has been kind of poor overall I think.

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    I think it would be cool if Nightwing gets a spaceship. His name screams coolest spaceship in the universe.
    Sold. I'm for anything that gets Dick away from the same territory as Bruce. Anything that isn't being a street level vigilante fighting mobs, gangs, psychos, and low-level superhumans.

I'll take Bat-lite over being a homeless cab driver, but Dick has potential as a solo IP that he'll never reach as long as Bruce still has him tied down.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Sold. I'm for anything that gets Dick away from the same territory as Bruce. Anything that isn't being a street level vigilante fighting mobs, gangs, psychos, and low-level superhumans.

I'll take Bat-lite over being a homeless cab driver, but Dick has potential as a solo IP that he'll never reach as long as Bruce still has him tied down.
    hallelujah!!! Someone sees it. Nightwing was created to be titan not a bat.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiac View Post
    I am actually fine with the show's Nightwing origin. Works for the show and the character's arc within the show. But the prison stuff is stupid. Dick thought going to prison and possibly (hopefully? for he seems to kind of want it) getting killed there is the way to make up for Jericho? WTH? If the prison stint is going to make him realize his thing is to help people and be a hero (even if making mistakes at times) and go back to that with a new attitude (where he is aware of his self-worth) and name, I am fine with that.

But the prison story is otherwise problematic.. For example, is he or is he not sentenced to 7 years? the opening scene made it look like he is sentenced already but when the guard was checkign his file it said "awaiting trial" so looks like he didn't actually get sentenced yet? Just how fast was that "trial" if he is already sentenced? I am guessing he made a deal with the prosecutor pleading guilty and accepting 7 years but the actual sentencing hasn't happened yet?? Also how is it NOT making the headlines that Bruce Wayne's adopted son who is a Detective got himself a 7 years sentence for assaulting a federal officer? If we are to assume Bruce silences those reports, he should be making an appearence soon enough to see just what the hell is up with Dick, no?

Anyway, guess the finale episode will be called "Nightwing" with Dick as Nightwing for the last scene of it or something. And we will have to wait an entire year to see our boy as Nightwing... *sigh*
    Agree with all of this, including — sadly — your prediction.

The show's producers seriously undervalue much the audience, I'm speaking for myself, just wants to see a floppy haired man in black costume with a blue V-bird on it do some flips and kicks while making puns.

The withholding of this relatively basic shot sequence for multiple seasons is ... frustrating!

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiac View Post

They already filmed a bunch of scenes with him in costume.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    They have Superboy running around. Not like it would be that difficult to come up with some Superman connection for the Nightwing name. The Superman connection is one of the things I like most about the Nightwing origin. Throwing it all away for some name he got while in prison feels so unnecessary. Some of the decisions they have made with this show are baffling to me.

But I haven't been that fond of the Titans show overall. The first season kind of lost me and I haven't really been able to get into the second season that well, but I was interested in seeing how they would introduce him as Nightwing as it will be the first ever live action appearance of it. It just sucks it is some original nonsense that kills my interest a bit more. Was just a big let down. I really like the actor they have playing Dick and there are a few moment here and there where it feels like he could be so good in the role, but the writing around his character has been kind of poor overall I think.
    I agree with all of this, although I feel a bit more forgiving toward the show but I think that's because I didn't start watching until a few weeks ago and quickly binged/fast-forwarded through a lot of season 1. The show is, generally, not great — even just as a trashy "sexy dark teens are mysterious and brooding" show, Titans isn't really on par with Riverdale in playing the characters against each other — and as a superhero show it's on par with the CW Berlanti stuff, I guess, with different quirks but a lot of the same flaws. On the other hand, most of the fights have been choreographed well and feel like Daredevil on Netflix did, and it is just fun to see the Titans done in live-action as a soapy teen superhero drama... just that it has Robin/Nightwing is enough to get me interested more than Umbrella Academy or Doom Patrol.

I've liked some of the choices — mostly with Raven, but some aspects of Dick too — but it's extremely (well not really but) frustrating and annoying that they changed the Nightwing name origin away from Superman.

Especially on this show, where he's spent so much time brooding about Batman — "**** Batman" was in the trailer, ffs — we don't even need to see Superman in the same way we havent seen Batman or Wonder Woman, don't even need Clark — but the connection to Superman reminds Dick of his belief in hope and heroics as a hopeful act, rather than a vengeful act.

Dick Grayson is trained by Batman, and inspired by Superman — it's perfect, and tying this aspect to the show's Superboy would create an interesting friendship with Conner who is of course Superman + Lex Luthor.

So it's an annoying choice in a general way, and even more annoying because of how much the Superman connection makes sense in the context of this show and this season -- it's not even low hanging fruit, it was a necessary ingredient that they tossed out in favor of a less-than-lateral move, dramatically.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Not surprised they had to change the Nightwing name origin, but still disappointed. The change and how they went about it feels a bit unnecessary.
    Well Superman is an illegal and undocumented alien

Hi, guys, just a quick question: can you suggest me some good fanfictions about Dick? I need to read something new.

I’m probably the one of few, who don’t care about Superman’s involvement with name and thinks it’s kinda overrated and fandom’s way to hold on this “connection to vast DCU world” thing. I’m okay with whatever twist they make to how Dick got idea to become Nightwing as long as name has that “hope” meaning to Dick himself and to others.

I never expected the Superman connection to be used in this show and even other adaptations that do have Superman and Dick in the same universe don't use it. Why would this show be any different?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I never expected the Superman connection to be used in this show and even other adaptations that do have Superman and Dick in the same universe don't use it. Why would this show be any different?
    That’s becuase every animated series had nightwing come out of nowhere no origin on the name just their

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    That’s becuase every animated series had nightwing come out of nowhere no origin on the name just their
    Well this show at least gave an origin for the Nightwing name.