Page 10 of 295 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    The reason I don't like the red suit is because I don't like the armour lines that the New 52 was infamous for. Seams and such, those are cool, I don't the armour look. Sturdy armour should be what the suit has underneath. Take those lines off and give the suit a more interesting texture or whatever, and then it's awesome imo. But I also do agree that Dick being in red takes away from his identity.

Anyways, I don't think it's been brought up yet, but the YJ: Outsiders darkwear suits that Dick and his current squad are using are loosely based on the Spyral Agent uniform and come equipped with their own take on Hypnos. And that's sick imo.
    They brought up the spyral stuff in the YJ thread for a bit.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post

Anyways, I don't think it's been brought up yet, but the YJ: Outsiders darkwear suits that Dick and his current squad are using are loosely based on the Spyral Agent uniform and come equipped with their own take on Hypnos. And that's sick imo.
    That part was cool. I liked the Spyral influence. Dick is the only thing I'm liking from the new season of YJ. The rest of the show is just boring.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    others believe, that all current and ex-Robins should be dressed in one color scheme: red (lol).
    That's pretty much DC's idea. Make all Robins uniformly red and bring them under Batman

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Robin: Year One is not an origin story, just one set in his early career. It is directly proceeds the events of Batman Chronicles: The Gauntlet which tells of Dick's first outing as Robin. I believe around that time, the most recent retelling of Dick's origin was in the pages of Dark Victory, which rather closely follow the events of Dick's first appearance and original origin, but within the context of the larger story.
    You guys told me before and I keep forgetting it
    I somehow also keep forgetting Dark Victory exist

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Wasn't a fan of the suit design because it made it look like he was wearing a giant bow tie.
    lol this one's new

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    That part was cool. I liked the Spyral influence. Dick is the only thing I'm liking from the new season of YJ. The rest of the show is just boring.
    What's boring about Brion and League falling apart?

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    What's boring about Brion and League falling apart?
    I just don't find the whole plot of the child trafficking and cliche royal politics interesting.
    I did find the disbandenment of the league interesting at the beginning and am waiting for them to return to that.

As for characters who I care about that draw me in, as I said I like how they show Dick, Superboy is just ok. And Artemis who I usually like is just bleh so far.

Everybody else I could not give two craps about.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

I just don't find the whole plot of the child trafficking and cliche royal politics interesting.
    I did find the disbandenment of the league interesting at the beginning and am waiting for them to return to that.

As for characters who I care about that draw me in, as I said I like how they show Dick, Superboy is just ok. And Artemis who I usually like is just bleh so far.

Everybody else I could not give two craps about.
    Well it's only 3 episodes in which isn't enough but I am so hyped for the trafficking angle and the birth of the Outsiders.

Brion is the stand out character so far for me. (other than Dick cause he's Dick.) I fell a Brion vs Terra fight coming, I can feel it in my bones like the Clegane bowl for GoT.

I really can't wait to see what other villains show up this season.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    That's pretty much DC's idea. Make all Robins uniformly red and bring them under Batman
    Big boys wear blue. Or, if big boys wear red, it's pretty much limited to headgear. Little boys wear red tunics. Cows don't have to wear tunics.

Discussion topic: distance from Gotham to Bludhaven. Is there source material saying how far apart they are? Either way, what is your ideal distance between the two?

There use to be a map. I think it’s like New York to New Jersey distance.

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    Discussion topic: distance from Gotham to Bludhaven. Is there source material saying how far apart they are? Either way, what is your ideal distance between the two?
    In the first issue of Dixon's run, it provides Bludhaven's location relative to Gotham. South, following the river to where it opens up to the ocean......I can't recall how many miles away. I wanna say 75 for some reason but I don't think that can be right.

If left up to me and if there was room for it, I'd probably put 'Haven exactly between Metropolis and Gotham, provided each city is still an eight hour drive away; five by Batmobile. Bludhaven should be far enough away from Gotham to make sure Dick has to solve his own problems and he can't call reinforcements in at the last minute.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Since we were talking about Young Justice earlier, Bludhaven is actually a district within Gotham. Think Burnside from the comics. That means every time Dick or the Team were in Bludhaven they were still in Gotham.

Ultimately, it says a lot about how Weisman and co. view Bludhaven. And I'd say that goes for a lot of us, too. Considering Dick was already one of the top dogs at the age of 18 in this universe, I don't really think it matters whether Dick had his own city to protect. By 19, he'd already spent a while as the de facto leader of the Team, turned down League membership, and came up with a secret plan (that worked all things considered) to take down the Light. And now at 21, he's out here going on his own selected missions and selecting recruits freely, that's pretty independent if you ask me.

I don’t hate that. That way Bludhaven can just be where he lives, but doesn’t trap him in the city protector role.

Attachment 76474

I still like the red suit.
    I thought the design really "popped" in the Judas Contract animated movie. I don't know why, I just thought it looked pretty good in animation.

(I admit I'm biased because red is my favorite color).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I don’t hate that. That way Bludhaven can just be where he lives, but doesn’t trap him in the city protector role.
    It might make more sense if Dick went back to Romania.

What?