Page 102 of 295 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 4424
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Got a question for those of you who're into the animated movies.

I've only watched a couple of the newer animated DC films. But from the clips that drift across my Youtube it seems like Nightwing is in a lot of them. Is that a fair assessment? How is he treated in them?
    Bout the same. As the comics

I've only watched a couple of the newer animated DC films. But from the clips that drift across my Youtube it seems like Nightwing is in a lot of them. Is that a fair assessment? How is he treated in them?
    He usually ends up with broken limb in them lol

I haven't seen all of them, but the ones I have seen I think he is kind of mediocre in them. The movies aren't very good and he isn't great in them. Not that they threat him badly all the time, just some of the time, but it is a completely forgettable version of the character. There is nothing noteworthy about it.

It is sad how badly they botched the story of him becoming Batman in one of them. It was a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Bout the same. As the comics
    yeah nightwing is just the "senior sidekick" in the movies, so same as the comics.

He's appeared in all three (now four) in-continuity Batman movies and in the Judas Contract animated movie.

I think they use him reasonably well to solidly. His characterization is pretty on-point with most versions of Dick and, while he kind of gets beat up a lot (though I think he gets some good action scenes in-spite of that), his importance to Batman and the Titans is still emphasized.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    He's in them and he's portrayed competently from what I've see (minus his first intro with Damian) but the movies are so appalling bad that there's no reason to watch them, Dick fan or not.
    I'd say the in-continuity films have improved a lot from how they started out.

Judas Contract
    and the Death/Reign movies were pretty great in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    It is sad how badly they botched the story of him becoming Batman in one of them. It was a mess.
    I don't know if I'd say "botched."

It definitely wasn't Morrison's story with Dick as Batman, or treated like it, but I don't think Dick came out looking bad out of it. It was still basically his movie/story.

Conversely I thought Judas Contract used him very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    yeah nightwing is just the "senior sidekick" in the movies, so same as the comics.
    He's "senior sidekick" in the Batman movies, not so much the Titans movies.

But I guess that is pretty true to the comics .

BANNED

I take whatever positive I can get.

Thanks for the responses folks. Looks like I'll continue ignoring the animated movies then. Just as well, I'm not much of a cartoon guy; it takes some serious YJ-like quality to get me into them.

Glad to hear Dick's not totally abused but it doesn't sound like he's treated well enough for me to buy them just for a Nightwing fix.

The Death-Return of Superman does look pretty fun though, from the clips I've seen.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Thanks for the responses folks. Looks like I'll continue ignoring the animated movies then. Just as well, I'm not much of a cartoon guy; it takes some serious YJ-like quality to get me into them.

Glad to hear Dick's not totally abused but it doesn't sound like he's treated well enough for me to buy them just for a Nightwing fix.

The Death-Return of Superman does look pretty fun though, from the clips I've seen.
    No Dick in them, but yeah. The Superman films were pretty good. Unless you're a Super/Wonder shipper that is. But for cramming a couple of full on story arcs into a couple of films, they are good.

If you just care about Dick, then I'd watch the Judas Contract animated film.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I don't know if I'd say "botched."

It definitely wasn't Morrison's story with Dick as Batman, or treated like it, but I don't think Dick came out looking bad out of it. It was still basically his movie/story.

Conversely I thought Judas Contract used him very well.
    I didn't think Judas Contract wasn't very good and that Bad Blood was a complete mess. Bad Blood was Dick's first time "leading" his own animated movie and and it was completely forgettable. I don't think he came off very well in it or even felt like his movie when it was supposed to be. I mean for it to be Dick's first time leading a movie no one talks about it. They had to cram in a bunch of other heroes like Luke Fox and Batwoman in the movie and I felt they completely messed up the transition to Batman. I know it wasn't going to be based on Morrison's story but the movie treated such an important transition as an afterthought and Bruce was gone for line a min it felt like.

Extraordinary Member

Nightwing will return on April 9th to defend his title in the final match-up.

BANNED

Nightwing will return on April 9th to defend his title in the final match-up.
    Congrats and hugs to Nightwing!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I didn't think Judas Contract wasn't very good
    So you thought it was good ?
    Bad Blood was a complete mess. Bad Blood was Dick's first time "leading" his own animated movie and and it was completely forgettable. I don't think he came off very well in it or even felt like his movie when it was supposed to be. I mean for it to be Dick's first time leading a movie no one talks about it. They had to cram in a bunch of other heroes like Luke Fox and Batwoman in the movie and I felt they completely messed up the transition to Batman. I know it wasn't going to be based on Morrison's story but the movie treated such an important transition as an afterthought and Bruce was gone for line a min it felt like.
    I think Bad Blood definitely had a lot going on then they could adequately all focus on in one animated movie.

I think it definitely felt like his movie when he was driving the plot and showcasing where he excels at things Bruce doesn't, like working with others or knowing when to bring people into the fold when needed, on-top of being the one who tells the audience what Batman means to the Batfamily at the very end.

Bruce really wasn't in the movie that much in my opinion. The one major time he was "in" was the prologue and when Talia brainwashed him into her enforcer.

April Fool's joke...