Page 104 of 295 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 4424

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    https://twitter.com/brianmbendis/sta...939819008?s=21
    Looks like Dick might be part of the Leviathan Event after all. Also Bendis’ penchant for ignoring continuity might work in your guys’ favor. He might just ignore Ric and just write Dick as Dick.
    Well that should be interesting.

Fingers crossed that Bendis gets to use Nightwing properly and isn't stuck writing the current status quo. Considering we've seen Dick-proper show up in a few places (Doomsday Clock) I have some small hope that Bendis will get to ignore the Ric stuff.

And if Dick gets any real panel time and Bendis gets to write him properly, we'll finally see how he handles the character. I've been holding out a small, tiny hope that Bendis is a Nightwing fan and will come to the character's rescue (even though I know the odds of that are impossibly low)......I guess now we put that hope to the test.

Had to check the date on that tweet though; fortunately it's from the 2nd, not the 1st. If that had been an April's Fool joke I think I would've cried.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Bendis also shared a panel from Batman Universe that shows Dick & Bruce infiltrating into a building of some sort.

I'd guess that Dick being used in the Superman Leviathan event is just going to be a flashback to his time in Spyral or something like that. I would be surprised if Bendis gives him an actual role in the story. So a small reference or a call back type of thing is what I'd expect instead of Dick playing a role in the story the way Batman or Green Arrow will play.

But I guess a reference is better than nothing maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I'd guess that Dick being used in the Superman Leviathan event is just going to be a flashback to his time in Spyral or something like that. I would be surprised if Bendis gives him an actual role in the story. So a small reference or a call back type of thing is what I'd expect instead of Dick playing a role in the story the way Batman or Green Arrow will play.

But I guess a reference is better than nothing maybe.
    It's bad when a flashback will make us happy. Hoping it's the true Nightwing but I don't really see how that can be with the current status quo. Just as long as it's not Ric.

Well it looks like spyral has done more for nightwing than bludhaven once again. Why is nightwing in bludhaven again?

Spyral>bludhaven.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Well it looks like spyral has done more for nightwing than bludhaven once again. Why is nightwing in bludhaven again?

Spyral>bludhaven.
    Didio wants Nightwing and his fans in Hell, and Bludhaven is the closest stop.

Looking at the AC #1011 solicit, I'm not so excited. But still, better than nothing.
    On the other hand, I liked the part about Bruce and Dick in JL#21. Snyder can truly save our boy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Didio wants Nightwing and his fans in Hell, and Bludhaven is the closest stop.
    Didio wanted Dick in Spyral - "Grayson" was his baby.

Bludhaven Or Bust seems to have been Johns.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Didio wanted Dick in Spyral - "Grayson" was his baby.

Bludhaven Or Bust seems to have been Johns.
    True. Actually, I suspect it wasn’t anything about Nightwing and Bludhaven in themselves, but a general and rushed policy to get everyone to a “popular” and/or “traditional” status quo FAST and by any means possible. That meant Nightwing in Bludhaven in his blue suit. I think in the haste to do so, the powers that be didn’t think through whether the “traditional” arrangement still worked for all characters.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    You really think DC is gonna take this poll into account for their creative decisions for Dick?
    mabey maby not but DCUNIVERSE will notice
    and I want dick to win everything so they know fans are rooting for him and they should capitalize on him
    I am going to be well into my thirties before nightwing even hits the movies fine but I can fight for him place in comics and tv

Amazing Member

Ok so I dropped the current Nightwing run after several issues of Ric, but since Dick is probably my favorite DC character, I want to read/watch content he's in. I signed up for DC Universe and am now catching up on Young Justice (both the show and tie-in comic).

For comics, what other runs should i go back to? I haven't read Dixon's run from the 90s, and most of my exposure to the character are the Nightwing runs in the late 2000s/early 2010s, Morrison's and some of Snyder's DickBats, and Rebirth. Any recommendations for shows/movies? (PS. I like Babs a lot too, if that helps with recommendations)

If you also like Babs a lot then you should get around to reading Dixon’s Nightwing and Birds of Prey. And a hidden gem with Nightwing is JL Obsidian Age.

Nightwing the New Order is an interesting Elseworlds mini. And the second time in which Dick and Starfire have a child together (not Mar'i though).

Amazing Member

Awesome, thanks for the recommendations! Are the New52 Nightwing and Grayson runs worth reading?