Page 109 of 295 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 4424

That is fair. Just saying it’s not like Dick doesn’t have noting going on in other media too. Also not trying to throw shade on Jason. It is cool that fans wanted Red Hood in Injustice.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-06-2019 at 11:41 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    That is fair. Just saying it’s not like Dick doesn’t have noting going on in other media too. Also not trying to throw shade on Jason. It is cool that fans wanted Red Hood in Injustice.
    I'm a pretty diehard Jason fan, too, and he deserves every break that comes his way. My first loyalty is to Nightwing, but I'd happily go to the wall for Jason or Damian. It's just too bad that Warners bigwigs aren't paying enough attention to DC Editorial stinking up the cat litterbox; somebody needs to scoop some clumps out of there.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Thats also not the point I wanted to make, I just wanted to point out that Jason has quite a large fanbase out side of the comics comunity.
    The thing is the only sells we are seeing are sales on the domestic direct marked and to a degree on the digital sales.

Thats ignores stuff like, trades, sales out side of the US and probably most important merchandise (I mean there are action figures that cost more than buying the floppies for a year or two).

Incredible Member

The pitch a direction Grayson thread talked about him getting a original sidekick. How do you guys feel that would work?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    The pitch a direction Grayson thread talked about him getting a original sidekick. How do you guys feel that would work?
    The character is barely the focus on his owm book. I don’t see how having a side kick would be beneficial to the character. He is already starved for personal development and attention.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Well I said dick should leave the bat office, but most fans just laughed it off. I mean dick under a group that actually wants to push him? That's crazy talk! He needs all up under batman and the rest of the sidekicks.
    Yeah, I dont get why fans are so reluctant to entertain the idea either. The Bat-office is flooded with characters and they can't even manage to include all of them in titles each month. And the quality of effort they put into Dick these days leaves a lot to be desired. If another office has room for Dick and an interest in using him I dont see the problem. Its not like Dick is going to lose all his ties to Gotham just because another editorial group is handling him.

There's even precedent for it; during the NTT era Dick was the property of the Titans editors, not the Bat-office. Dick didn't return "home" until the Titans titles had fallen apart.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Guys, is it known exactly when Dick will be back? How long before they finish the "Ric" storyline? How long before they announce the return of Dick Grayson?
    Any prediction how soon?

Far as I know nothing concrete has been announced, or even hinted at. Best we have is Dick showing up as Nightwing in stuff like Doomsday Clock, and those are just tiny cameos in books that aren't tightly tied to continuity.

If those rumors of a big Bat event this summer/fall turn out to be true then I expect a relaunch with new #1's at the end of it, and I expect Nightwing to be among them, back in proper form. But at this point I dont know if there's any real reason to think that this Ric stuff is going to end anytime soon.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    The character is barely the focus on his owm book. I don’t see how having a side kick would be beneficial to the character. He is already starved for personal development and attention.
    This. I fear a sidekick--particularly a newly created one--would bleed Dick of the emphasis he needs.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    This. I fear a sidekick--particularly a newly created one--would bleed Dick of the emphasis he needs.
    Or even worse: Dick becomes his sidekick’s sidekick.

That’s pretty much what’s going on right now with the Nightwing wannabes.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeZ View Post
    Guys, is it known exactly when Dick will be back? How long before they finish the "Ric" storyline? How long before they announce the return of Dick Grayson?
    Any prediction how soon?
    As of right now I don’t see any light at the end of the tunnel. I’m honestly surprised it’s gone on this long. They’ve got to be working on bringing in a new creative team soon and getting things back to normal. I mean we’re approaching a year with this, that’s too long for even big great storylines.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

There's even precedent for it; during the NTT era Dick was the property of the Titans editors, not the Bat-office. Dick didn't return "home" until the Titans titles had fallen apart.
    also don't most fans say that's when dick had his most growth and development. To me it looks like dick has been and always will be just a sidekick under batman in the bat office and his "fans" love it.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    also don't most fans say that's when dick had his most growth and development.
    Yeah, that's actually sort of an objective fact. In the decades Dick was Robin, the industry was different and the entire Bat-world didn't advance too much. They didn't want the basic status quo to really change (and usually still dont). But Wolfman's NTT was all about pushing characters forward and developing them, which was (and still is) very unusual and very purposeful on Wolfman's part. So it feels a little unfair to hold that against the Bat-history.

To me it looks like dick has been and always will be just a sidekick under batman in the bat office and his "fans" love it.
    I think a lot of fans didn't discover Nightwing until the 90's, when the Titans franchise was burning and Dick was returned to the Bat-office. So for them, the "default" position for Nightwing is in Batman's world, or at least the "street level vigilante" genre, which might as well be the same thing.

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    As of right now I don’t see any light at the end of the tunnel. I’m honestly surprised it’s gone on this long. They’ve got to be working on bringing in a new creative team soon and getting things back to normal. I mean we’re approaching a year with this, that’s too long for even big great storylines.
    I don't think DC is working on anything except rubbing our noses into excrement. With four Wingiewanabees, each one of them is going to "need" 4-6 issues to establish their "backstories", motivations, origins, etc etc etc, so I can see up to two years tied up with that. Bea and Joker's Daughter could stretch out another year of filler material/word salad. Maybe Didio is looking to drive the book six feet under so he can justify to reboot a Bat-Verse where Dick Grayson "never existed."