Page 110 of 295 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 4424

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I don't think DC is working on anything except rubbing our noses into excrement. With four Wingiewanabees, each one of them is going to "need" 4-6 issues to establish their "backstories", motivations, origins, etc etc etc, so I can see up to two years tied up with that. Bea and Joker's Daughter could stretch out another year of filler material/word salad. Maybe Didio is looking to drive the book six feet under so he can justify to reboot a Bat-Verse where Dick Grayson "never existed."
    No matter how bad Nightwing starts to sell, I doubt Didio would ever be able to erase Dick Grayson out of Bat-universe in comics world.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    No matter how bad Nightwing starts to sell, I doubt Didio would ever be able to erase Dick Grayson out of Bat-universe in comics world.
    If he knew he wouldn't get any grief from Warners, I think he'd hand down that edict in a second.

I don't think DC is working on anything except rubbing our noses into excrement. With four Wingiewanabees, each one of them is going to "need" 4-6 issues to establish their "backstories", motivations, origins, etc etc etc, so I can see up to two years tied up with that. Bea and Joker's Daughter could stretch out another year of filler material/word salad. Maybe Didio is looking to drive the book six feet under so he can justify to reboot a Bat-Verse where Dick Grayson "never existed."
    I saw the June solicitation recently, it actually says....Ric Grayson and the Nightwings. That's just depressing.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    I saw the June solicitation recently, it actually says....Ric Grayson and the Nightwings. That's just depressing.
    Sounds like a band...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Sounds like a band...
    Ladies and gentlemen, all the way from the slums of Bludhaven, give it up for Ric Grayson and the Nightwings!

Yep you're right They could cover Skid Row's "I Remember You" and Guns N Roses "Yesterdays".

Damn I need this storyline to end soon lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    The Flying Nightwings and Their Greasy Smurf Sidekick.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I am actually surprised a storyline that is this much despised by the readership has been allowed to continue for so long. I read an interview with Chris Claremont some weeks back. In it, he said that writers no longer come up with the stories or plots, editors did that and the writers wrote around what the editors wanted. This story is proof this is nothing more than a vanity project for either the editor or (more likely) Didio who is pushing his agenda. I gave up reading the book a few months back, wrote a letter even expressing my distaste for the storyline. So sad to see that it is not only still going on, but with solicitations, appears that it's going to continue for some time still.

If he knew he wouldn't get any grief from Warners, I think he'd hand down that edict in a second.
    Even if Warner was not interested in using Dick, erasing him from existence is a much harder step than just simply create character assassination situations (and moments) and/or keep him in unpleasant status quo.

The kid who plays Shazam ends up with Nightwing as his answer.

BANNED

Even if Warner was not interested in using Dick, erasing him from existence is a much harder step than just simply create character assassination situations (and moments) and/or keep him in unpleasant status quo.
    It'd depend on which ignoble end Didio found most satisfying to his giddy inner fanboy.

Fantastic Member

Yeah this is why he was pissed and was trying hard ever since he took office. Dick Grayson will always be bigger than him bc he existed right after Batman and created the mythos. You can’t erase him completely without Bruce himself going: what. Even if he somehow never existed in a rebooted main verse, he would still exist in every other world ever.
    Last edited by nhienphan2808; 04-08-2019 at 12:33 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Yall better not let him loose

If harley quinn can maneuver around the trinity then I dont see why Nightwing cant take on demigods
    Show DCU we care and believe Dick can do anything

Quote Originally Posted by nhienphan2808 View Post
    Yeah this is why he was pissed and was trying hard ever since he took office. Dick Grayson will always be bigger than him bc he existed right after Batman and created the mythos. You can’t erase him completely without Bruce himself going: what. Even if he somehow never existed in a rebooted main verse, he would still exist in every other world ever.
    That is a nice thought but I don't think it's a realistic one any more, the New 52 erase a whole generation so Tim could be the founder of the Teen Titans, Barry is / was? the very first Flash, Alan Scott exists only on other earths, Jason is all of sudden to Titans.

Robin in particular has been so diluted, that no unique character is necessary anymore, without going further Murphy wrote White Knight with Jason as the first Robin and made no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Yall better not let him loose

If harley quinn can maneuver around the trinity then I dont see why Nightwing cant take on demigods
    Show DCU we care and believe Dick can do anything
    That's actually the best possible setup for Dick to possibly win. I'm concerned about Dick's ability to beat either the Flash or Darkseid, so I'm glad he doesn't have to take on both and one will knock out the other.

I'm too lazy to remember to check when it goes up so just put the link in here.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    That is a nice thought but I don't think it's a realistic one any more, the New 52 erase a whole generation so Tim could be the founder of the Teen Titans, Barry is / was? the very first Flash, Alan Scott exists only on other earths, Jason is all of sudden to Titans.

Robin in particular has been so diluted, that no unique character is necessary anymore, without going further Murphy wrote White Knight with Jason as the first Robin and made no difference.
    Rebirth though, re-established the original Titans group (well, Titans Hunt did right before Rebirth, but still). Flash Rebirth has had brief periods of showing Jay. And, what do you mean Jason to Titans? You mean the series on DCU? Well, even in the comics, Jason was, if briefly, a member of the Teen Titans.