Page 114 of 295 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 4424

Did they really cast Iain Glen as Batman in Titans? Because Bats will be 55-60 years old according to that then in Titans Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    Did they really cast Iain Glen as Batman in Titans? Because Bats will be 55-60 years old according to that then in Titans Universe.
    I'm glad he's getting more work. I wouldn't have even have thought to cast him but this has me kinda excited.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I'm glad he's getting more work. I wouldn't have even have thought to cast him but this has me kinda excited.
    Excellent choice!!!!!!!

That was my (second) thought as well. Batman is gonna look old.

My first thought was "Ser Jorah!"

BANNED

that's definitely where they want to go, Titans has been slowly building Dick Grayson as his own hero and someone who will be as legendary as Batman. it's a slow process but Bruce has to be aging and nearing retirement for it to work

Isn't that for the best? An older Bruce means we have an out-of-universe reason to focus on Dick and not Bruce as the future for heroes. An older Bruce means we'll actually get to see Bruce acting like a dad to Dick and Jason, too, which is great. The lack of an age gap is probably one of the biggest problems for Dick in the comics right now. And one more thing, an older Bruce should make for a nice parallel with Slade for the season, given that we'll likely see a lot of Dick, Jason, Joey, and Rose interacting with each other too.

Iain Glen is pretty awesome imo tho, so even without all the stuff I mentioned, I'd be pretty hype. Ser Jorah Mormont is quite the cool dude lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    that's definitely where they want to go, Titans has been slowly building Dick Grayson as his own hero and someone who will be as legendary as Batman. it's a slow process but Bruce has to be aging and nearing retirement for it to work
    Is there a way that Dick can become his own legend with Batman being 30-35?

I mean that's exactly one of the problems for Dick in comics. DC won't allow Bruce age.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Is there a way that Dick can become his own legend with Batman being 30-35?

I mean that's exactly one of the problems for Dick in comics. DC won't allow Bruce age.
    it has nothing to do with Bruce's age; regardless of how old he is the storyline and Dick's journey hold the same weight (talking about the idea of Dick Grayson's evolution throughout media, not just Titans) . However Batman's role in the show is meant to be a father figure, so him being 30-35 while Dick is well into his 20's simply wouldn't work. The problems for Dick in the comics lie solely with the publishers and management of the character, not Bruce's age. Bruce doesn't need to age, there should just be more heroes that are as popular or more popular than he is, once in a while

it has nothing to do with Bruce's age; regardless of how old he is the storyline and Dick's journey hold the same weight (talking about the idea of Dick Grayson's evolution throughout media, not just Titans) . However Batman's role in the show is meant to be a father figure, so him being 30-35 while Dick is well into his 20's simply wouldn't work. The problems for Dick in the comics lie solely with the publishers and management of the character, not Bruce's age. Bruce doesn't need to age, there should just be more heroes that are as popular or more popular than he is, once in a while
    Bah! I want old and cranky Bruce, grumbling about being made into a grandpa by his kids, with Mar'i pestering him with a book for storytime and the other ones playing with toys that normally wouldn't pass for toys in most houses. Some of which are full on human, others are half-human or have meta-human powers.

I'll let who has what be your guess.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Bah! I want old and cranky Bruce, grumbling about being made into a grandpa by his kids, with Mar'i pestering him with a book for storytime and the other ones playing with toys that normally wouldn't pass for toys in most houses. Some of which are full on human, others are half-human or have meta-human powers.

I'll let who has what be your guess.
    I want them all. Mar'i, Jake, John, that one kid Dick has in Beyond, Athanasia, Helena...

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I want them all. Mar'i, Jake, John, that one kid Dick has in Beyond, Athanasia, Helena...
    Same. Give Tim and Jason some kids too! Tim with Steph, and Jason with, dare I say, Artemis!?

Hmmm. Bruce dealing with half-Amazonian grandkids running around, half-Tamaranian kids flying around, half-assassin kids sneaking around, and half Tim kids stalking everyone else!

Come on DC, do it! Grandpa Bruce on babysitting duty!

After reading all your thoughts guys... It seems like the chances of us getting Dick Grayson/Nightwing/Robin in DCEU is so slim right now. Like they literally want to make a movie about young and inexperienced Batman, and I doubt DC/WB into idea of creating kid/teen sidekick.

Well I expected him to be 40-45 thanks to that body double in last episode. Not someone who is pushing his 60s. But maybe it’s for the good.

But I can’t wait to see second season of Titans. Didn’t even think that they would be able to bring whole Slade family + Bats into the show.

Incredible Member

I personally never liked Bruce as any sort of a father figure. I saw him as an older brother. It simplifies the dynamics in the relationship, I think.