Page 115 of 295 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 4424
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I miss the visual of him flying off rooftops though
    also guys keeping voting for him
    https://www.dcuniverse.com/news/meta...se-final-four/ you can vote as many times as you want
    Sorry guy just gotta ask that you guys keep voting for dick , I want the dcu to see he has an audience that wants him

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

NIGHTWING #62
    written by DAN JURGENS
    art by RONAN CLIQUET
    cover by BRUNO REDONDO
    variant cover by GREG CAPULLO
    After the epic conclusion to the Burnback saga, it’s clear that while he may have forgotten his past, Ric Grayson’s innate skills and instincts as a team leader elevate Team Nightwing to a new level. But what does that mean for the Blüdhaven PD, and what does that mean for a man who is looking to live a life without the baggage of his past to hold him down? Ric seeks comfort in Bea’s arms, but may find answers in another’s Talons as we dive headlong into the Year of the Villain!
    Plus, Lex Luthor delivers the Court of Owls the means to own what they covet most: Ric Grayson.
    ON SALE 07.17.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $4.99
    FC | RATED T
    This issue will ship with two covers.
    Please see the order form for details

There's no end in sight.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Fantastic Member

Maybe Tim is going to be Nightwing if it’s permanent.

The real reason Dick is isolated in Bludhaven and why the Ric story is going on for so long was confirmed in the Batman #75 solicit. King wanted Dick out of the way so he could have someone else take up the Batman identity while Bruce is off in his desert. "Gotham City, taken control and are ruling with an iron fist—including rounding up any villain who refuses to sign onto Bane’s program—and Batman is nowhere to be found. At least not the Batman anyone knows. It’s like someone has replaced the real Gotham City with a twisted funhouse-mirror version of it." is what it says in the solicit. Originally King wanted this to be Duke so we will see if that holds true but King didn't want it to be Dick so he needed him out of the way.

And I'm not all that excited to see the Court again. I know some readers LOVE the Court of Owls but I'm pretty mixed on it still. The whole thing was built around Bruce and Dick was just a pawn in it, and it also turned Haly's Circus into something dark that can't be undone. Of course if Talon kills Ric and replaces him with the real Dick then I'd call the Court my favorite thing in the whole world, lol. But this looks to just be some tie in to another DC event. That Year of Villains thing Snyder is doing. So I'm not really expecting anything from it given how Dick gets treated like garbage in events anyway.

Also it was interesting to see that in the Event Leviathan #2 solicit Batgirl and Red Hood were mentioned in it. So I'd bet that Dick appearing in it will just be a flashback and won't be actively involved in the story.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    I personally never liked Bruce as any sort of a father figure. I saw him as an older brother. It simplifies the dynamics in the relationship, I think.
    Yeah, I imagine Bruce as more of an older brother figure to Dick than a father figure. The age difference isn't really that big to justify Dick viewing him as a father the way tumblr seemingly wants us to.

Leonardo as Nightwing [official art for Batman/TMNT3

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

and Batman is nowhere to be found. At least not the Batman anyone knows. It’s like someone has replaced the real Gotham City with a twisted funhouse-mirror version of it.

Sounds more like B-man who laughs than any of Batboys filling in.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    and Batman is nowhere to be found. At least not the Batman anyone knows. It’s like someone has replaced the real Gotham City with a twisted funhouse-mirror version of it.

Sounds more like B-man who laughs than any of Batboys filling in.
    Fug. My first thought was FP Batman returning, but I'll be pissed if tBWL shows up for the climax.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Im guessing Flashpoint Tomas Wayne as well.

Didn't King bring FlashBat back? And the Batman Who Laughs is all over Snyder's titles. Seems more likely that King would use Tomas instead of Laughy to me.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Thomas Wayne is with Bruce in the desert. He is the one that brought him there. So I don't think it will be him. I think Duke is still a likely option, but it might be someone like Kite Man that King spent a lot of time on too that takes over as Batman.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    The real reason Dick is isolated in Bludhaven and why the Ric story is going on for so long was confirmed in the Batman #75 solicit. King wanted Dick out of the way so he could have someone else take up the Batman identity while Bruce is off in his desert. "Gotham City, taken control and are ruling with an iron fist—including rounding up any villain who refuses to sign onto Bane’s program—and Batman is nowhere to be found. At least not the Batman anyone knows. It’s like someone has replaced the real Gotham City with a twisted funhouse-mirror version of it." is what it says in the solicit. Originally King wanted this to be Duke so we will see if that holds true but King didn't want it to be Dick so he needed him out of the way.

And I'm not all that excited to see the Court again. I know some readers LOVE the Court of Owls but I'm pretty mixed on it still. The whole thing was built around Bruce and Dick was just a pawn in it, and it also turned Haly's Circus into something dark that can't be undone. Of course if Talon kills Ric and replaces him with the real Dick then I'd call the Court my favorite thing in the whole world, lol. But this looks to just be some tie in to another DC event. That Year of Villains thing Snyder is doing. So I'm not really expecting anything from it given how Dick gets treated like garbage in events anyway.

Also it was interesting to see that in the Event Leviathan #2 solicit Batgirl and Red Hood were mentioned in it. So I'd bet that Dick appearing in it will just be a flashback and won't be actively involved in the story.
    Ya I personally like the Court of Owls and Dicks ties to it but for those that don’t I think the positive is that it brings Dick closer to his regular status quo. Ric is a very far departure and a poor one at that. I will take the Court of Owls any day over what we currently have.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Isn't that for the best? An older Bruce means we have an out-of-universe reason to focus on Dick and not Bruce as the future for heroes. An older Bruce means we'll actually get to see Bruce acting like a dad to Dick and Jason, too, which is great. The lack of an age gap is probably one of the biggest problems for Dick in the comics right now. And one more thing, an older Bruce should make for a nice parallel with Slade for the season, given that we'll likely see a lot of Dick, Jason, Joey, and Rose interacting with each other too.

Iain Glen is pretty awesome imo tho, so even without all the stuff I mentioned, I'd be pretty hype. Ser Jorah Mormont is quite the cool dude lol.
    Nothing that include Jason is good for Dick, and include Batman is not for the best in a TITANS show, it shouldn't be tied tothe bat family.

Incredible Member

I hope that Talon is Dick's grandfather and he brings his memories back or something

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    I hope that Talon is Dick's grandfather and he brings his memories back or something
    Isn't that Willyam Cobb and he's Dick's great-great-grandpappy or thereabouts?