Page 121 of 295 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 4424
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Nightwing Dick Grayson

https://u2333.tumblr.com

BANNED

I love it when we get cool fan-art in here!

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    To further elaborate though, sales right before Ric weren't good and the title had basically reached its floor. So to basically remain the same is not good or anything.
    The problem is they haven’t sunken low enough to force DC to undo it yet. I still think Ric will revert to Dick once City of Bane is over. But I gotta say who would even be a good choice to take over a normal Nightwing book? I’d personally give it to Steve Orlando, he can be a bit hit or miss (I like his Martian Manhunter right now, but not his Supergirl) but he has a deep knowledge and respect for continuity. He’d probably bring back Las Vegas Bludhaven while also using Dick’s Rogues and his time as a Spyral agent.

Sales are not going to force them to undo this. They would just cancel the book before they undo anything. DC isn’t gonna undo it till they are done with what they need him out of the way for. Nothing about this direction has gone right, but that doesn’t matter because that real purpose behind it to keep him contained in a corner and out of the way. No one actually gives a **** about this direction though, not even the mercenary creators producing it.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-22-2019 at 10:54 PM.

Hi guys! I had a strange dream.
    I dreamed of Lex Luthor, talking to someone of the Court of Owls (yeah, I know, I made a lot of strange dreams). They were talking about Dick, and were saying that the heart stop in Forever Evil kinda reactived his fake tooth, and, also, that Bea is working for Lex and the Owls, making sure that Dick don't get back to the batfam and keeping him in a confusional state (even drugging him), all of this to make him an easy prey for the Court.
    My mind is trying everything just to escape this crap

BANNED

Bruce slugged Dick in the mouth and knocked the fake tooth out. But i think it's great that your mind is trying to work on ways out.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Bruce slugged Dick in the mouth and knocked the fake tooth out. But i think it's great that your mind is trying to work on ways out.
    Yeah, I know that, but my dream didn't .
    It doesn't make sense, but probably was more excited than the last months issues... for me, at least.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Sales are not going to force them to undo this. They would just cancel the book before they undo anything. DC isn’t gonna undo it till they are done with what they need him out of the way for. Nothing about this direction has gone right, but that doesn’t matter because that real purpose behind it to keep him contained in a corner and out of the way. No one actually gives a **** about this direction though, not even the mercenary creators producing it.
    What are they trying to get away from anyway? Even when he's Nightwing he's barely included in anything. Incapacitated in Metal and No Justice.

I doubt they will include him in say, Heroes in Crisis, for example, even if it's just crying over Wally because that can be done in Nightwing just like Jason mourn about Roy in his book. Leviathan is Bendis idea and DC lets him do whatever he wants.

That's the only two things I can think of, and they can always incapacitate him in any form just like the previous events, there's no need to go this long.

Batman's birthday, Justice League's future, and Doomsday Clock that's set in a different time, he's included in a cameo anyway.

I know Didio banned Steph and Cass because probably he doesn't want them to overshadow Barbara as Batgirl, and he has this weird fear of Dick getting older than Bats, but this is Batman. He was never even replaced by Dick as long as Steph and Cass.

DC has no logic from what I can tell.

I assume they're prolonging the current direction for as long as possible so that he's completely off the board during King's run. For all we know, Dick might only get his memories back in time for Batman #105 or whatever his last issue is going to be.

Post-City of Bane makes sense to me tho, but specifically because that means we could get some sort of relaunch this fall. Looking at things, we have City of Bane and Leviathan happening soon, we have those solicits, and we have Snyder's JL event that should tie-in with the Year of Villains thing. Then there's HiC and Doomsday Clock, the former of which will finally be done with. I always assumed Doomsday Clock and maybe even the Three Jokers would be finished by this fall, but maybe not what with all the Doomsday Clock delays.

Anyways, the point is, all these events should result in enough of the landscape changing that we might get a line-wide relaunch. DC is currently bleeding sales everywhere in the direct market. A relaunch or rebranding of their books is exactly the kind of situation they'd use the "look, Dick is back in black and blue!! His memories are back, yay!" marketing hook.

Best Big Bro

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    What are they trying to get away from anyway? Even when he's Nightwing he's barely included in anything. Incapacitated in Metal and No Justice.

I doubt they will include him in say, Heroes in Crisis, for example, even if it's just crying over Wally because that can be done in Nightwing just like Jason mourn about Roy in his book. Leviathan is Bendis idea and DC lets him do whatever he wants.

That's the only two things I can think of, and they can always incapacitate him in any form just like the previous events, there's no need to go this long.
    When he does come back I bet they will just mention it off in one panel, that some friends of his died

Ive been wondering, Damian been to see dick in any capacity since the incident
    I wonder, how could Ric still be Ric without seeming like a douche if he did come by, it hard to look into child face and tell them you dont know them when they clearly know you. Its one thing to push Babs and Alfred away but Dick's been a surrogate parent for Damian, a brother a friend which Damian doesn't have many. I wouldn't say dick owes damian anything but thats not an encounter he would easily be able to brush off

I personally dont like Damian having to turn Jason or Slade
    Last edited by Rac7d*; 04-23-2019 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    When he does come back I bet they will just mention it off in one panel, that some friends of his died

Ive been wondering, Damian been to see dick in any capacity since the incident
    I wonder, how could Ric still be Ric without seeming like a douche if he did come by, it hard to look into child face and tell them you dont know them when they clearly know you. Its one thing to push Babs and Alfred away but Dick's been a surrogate parent for Damian, a brother a friend which Damian doesn't have many. I wouldn't say dick owes damian anything but thats not an encounter he would easily be able to brush off
    That's probably why Damian hasn't been to see Dick. If it's going to get him to change, to make some positive effort then it works against the whole keeping Dick away. Eliminating him to aide King's plot.

The same reason why everyone is acting occ and have abandoned him. The plot coming up in Batman demands that Dick be taken out of the equation.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    That's probably why Damian hasn't been to see Dick. If it's going to get him to change, to make some positive effort then it works against the whole keeping Dick away. Eliminating him to aide King's plot.

The same reason why everyone is acting occ and have abandoned him. The plot coming up in Batman demands that Dick be taken out of the equation.
    It wouldn't necessarily make him change, but it pokes a hole in his justification to lead his own life,
    I hated this storyline when they did it with Batman a few years ago because he has a son, this amnesia thing cant be entertained
    It wasnt to long ago we had that scare with Shawn, how would this amnesia thing go without it making him appear selfish

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It wouldn't necessarily make him change, but it pokes a hole in his justification to lead his own life,
    I hated this storyline when they did it with Batman a few years ago because he has a son, this amnesia thing cant be entertained
    It wasnt to long ago we had that scare with Shawn, how would this amnesia thing go without it making him appear selfish
    Honestly due to that I'm happy we haven't had Damian. Silly Ric running around with a bunch of folks who call themselves Nightwing is detrimental enough. I don't want them to add selfish or Dick who sends a crying kid packing to the mix.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Honestly due to that I'm happy we haven't had Damian. Silly Ric running around with a bunch of folks who call themselves Nightwing is detrimental enough. I don't want them to add selfish or Dick who sends a crying kid packing to the mix.

I dont think Damian would cry in public he might judo flip and run out angrily though
    plus if Bea saw that