Page 127 of 295 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 4424
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

So I was lurking in the Deathstroke thread since I'm thinking on catching up (I only have the first two volumes) and someone said that Priest requested to work on Nightwing and Didio said no.

We are in the worst timeline.

Failing that, I'd like to see him tackle an adult Titans book with Dick and any Fab 5/NTT members available to him. Anything would be a step up at this point

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Why? How is it hard to believe that he would like Dick and Tim? You can like more than one character.
    It’s not what bendis likes but his son

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    So I was lurking in the Deathstroke thread since I'm thinking on catching up (I only have the first two volumes) and someone said that Priest requested to work on Nightwing and Didio said no.

We are in the worst timeline.

Failing that, I'd like to see him tackle an adult Titans book with Dick and any Fab 5/NTT members available to him. Anything would be a step up at this point
    If I was Didio and Christopher Priest wanted to write ANY book in my stable, I'd say yes. If I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted him to write Deathstroke, I'd say, ""Sure, man, you can write all the Nightwing you please, as long as you give me the number of pages I want every month for Deathstroke." I never understood why DC is always pushing Deathstroke so hard. And "Ric" is STILL outselling Deathstroke, even with a primo writer.
    Last edited by oasis1313; 04-28-2019 at 05:43 PM.

Why put Priest on Nightwing when they have relevant talents like Lobdell and Jurgans to recycle We Are Robin.

In all seriousness though, Nightwing and the Nightwing title might be in the worst position they have even been. Of course they are not putting Priest on it. That was a long shot even before Ric. But now its not even a proving ground for new talent, but a containment book and work for the in house boys.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-28-2019 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    That's depressing. I hope they don't have reason to get jaded so soon based on the none comic content. So far they don't lets hope DC keeps it up.
    Outside comic content is really where DC shines. (the past 6-7 years notwithstanding)
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Why put Priest on Nightwing when they have relevant talents like Lobdell and Jurgans to recycle We Are Robin.

In all seriousness though, Nightwing and the Nightwing title might be in the worst position they have even been. Of course they are not putting Priest on it. That was a long shot even before Ric. But now its not even a proving ground for new talent, but a containment book and work for the in house boys.
    I think you may be right that this is lowest trench Dick Grayson has ever been tossed into. I thought it couldn't get worse than getting raped. But it's still better than Wally is getting.

Christ you perfectly summed up the current status for Nightwing. That really is depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I think you may be right that this is lowest trench Dick Grayson has ever been tossed into. I thought it couldn't get worse than getting raped. But it's still better than Wally is getting.
    Dick, or Ric, might be up for a heel turn himself
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/04...f-the-villain/

It said dark dimensional versions. So it's basically a lame version of Multiversity and Secret Six mashed together.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member

I certainly hope so - you won't get a better excuse for a big ol' reset than that!

And given that Luthor's offer appears to be to the Owls rather than - don't make me say this too often - "Ric" himself, then he can be affected without any blame of his own.

Then you can relaunch the title off the back of the event, with an excuse to put loads of Owls and Talons on the cover for sales.

This is, of course, an optimistic view. I'm sure we can all think of ways it might go much worse.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    I certainly hope so - you won't get a better excuse for a big ol' reset than that!

And given that Luthor's offer appears to be to the Owls rather than - don't make me say this too often - "Ric" himself, then he can be affected without any blame of his own.

Then you can relaunch the title off the back of the event, with an excuse to put loads of Owls and Talons on the cover for sales.

This is, of course, an optimistic view. I'm sure we can all think of ways it might go much worse.
    This does not look like something to expect great things from. Let Ric stay home and enjoy sleeping in his alley.

Screw that. I’ll take anything that derails Ric into something other then the boring uninspired crap it turned into. Seriously anything. One of the most frustrating things about Ric is how these out of touch creators are hiding behind him to distract and mask their lame and uninspired writing with Ric. This “new” direction turned out to be so utterly not different from the same old decompressed dribble we have seen a billion times before. While Ric doesn’t actually do anything different from Dick, he does the same shit but just lamer then Dick. Despite his constant bitching about how lame Dick was. Which is so moronic, and it’s why I honestly believe no one at DC is even really reading or comprehending what they are even writing with Ric.
    So why not let him be corrupted and turn heel. Maybe then we could actually get something different and bold with Ric. First thing they could have him do is destroy the stupid Nightwings he has some how become sidekick too. Hell corrupted Ric could be the embodiment of Dick’s fans wrath and frustration, who goes on a rampage and systematically burns this stupid direction down piece by piece. He can even go by Deathwing and bring the nipple ring back. That whole look would fit right in with Metal.

Deathwing01.jpg
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-30-2019 at 07:00 PM.

Spectacular Member

Does anyone know if the nightwing book is canceled? On the DC Page I can't find any issues beyond #59!
    https://www.dccomics.com/comics/nigh...6/nightwing-59

BANNED

Mercy killing.

Quote Originally Posted by blade48 View Post
    Does anyone know if the nightwing book is canceled? On the DC Page I can't find any issues beyond #59!
    https://www.dccomics.com/comics/nigh...6/nightwing-59
    One can but hope. Probably not, though.