Page 13 of 295 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    havent seen the 3 newest episodes. But if damian was just born, doesnt that mean like 9 more years need to happen before hes prancing around?
    RRrrrrrrrreally wish he was older. Was simultaneously stoked to see him and sad at how much time he'd need to be a major player.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    Young Justice is doing all they can so I won't want to watch.
    What?! How so?

BANNED

Saw the last 3 episodes to come out. Really liked the 4th one, felt indulgent, but i made me laugh a lot. Im guessing the whole VR googles will play a huge part later down the line.
    The 5th episode was kinda boring and not much happened.
    The 6th episode i liked, the prince and halo are growing on me.

Opinions are opinions, I guess, but I wasn't expecting so many different ones lol. I'm not sure there can be an argument made to say YJ's Dick isn't the best version of Nightwing we've had is at least a decade. I'd personally say the best we've had since NTT at least, and that's because this is a Dick that's shades of NTT, shades or Winnick's Outsiders, shades of Grayson, etc. So many little moments, like Dick basically quoting Bruce from his conversation with the Team in Season 1 to really show how the roles have changed with time, or his relationship with Will, or the absolute confidence older heroes like Black Lightning have in him, etc. I'm not sure how anyone could look at this season negatively, I mean unless you're a Wonder family fan (in which case, yeah, Diana and Cassie have never really gotten good screentime or focus, Donna even less so, so you'd have a good reason there).

Damian being so young should be celebrated. The age gap between YJ Bruce and YJ Dick is part of the reason both characters are allowed to develop without stepping on each other's toes the way it is in current comic continuity. Damian have 9 years to go means we won't get all the Robins smushed together like in the New 52, and instead it'll be right around the time Bruce is ready to retire and Dick will be willing to truly take in his own protege and not just sharing responsibility. A 20 year age gap between Dick and Damian would parallel the 20-ish year age gap between Bruce and Dick.

I kinda forget we have Roy haters in here, but Private Security was my favourite episode of Outsiders and maybe my favourite in all of Young Justice. Incredibly light-hearted, sure, but it gave us a lot of character building moments for Dick and used the big twist of Season 1, in that Roy was cloned, to tell a perfect story that happened to parallel the Dick-Roy duo's relationship from Winnick's Outsiders and Bruce and Clark's discussions about Superboy from Season 1. Plus, more Brick which also contrasts with Will's character arc in Season 1. All of that, and it pushed the plot forward still. And Lian is alive and happy. Literally have no idea why you'd complain about this episode unless you just hate fun.

I don't know about you guys, but it's nice to get good quality Dick. He was vital to the plot of Invasion, and had a lot of cool scenes, but aside from major roles in other media stuff like the Players arc and Legacy, he felt like a supporting character. In Outsiders tho, he's the face of the show now. More so than he was in Season 1 as Robin. It really feels like the show is revolving around him, Brion, Conner, Artemis, and Jeff.

Edit: Badou's last post is super on point. It's exactly why I'm loving this Dick. He feels like the best versions of every Dick.
    Last edited by Grayson - The Dark Heir; 01-12-2019 at 12:23 PM.

Here is the question. Why Dick’s eyes in YJ3 suddenly most of times drawn as black instead of usual blue?

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I think Tim is supposed to get more focus later in the season. It is tough to juggle so many characters on the show and it makes sense they would want to open the new season after such a long wait with the more established characters. I am still interested in how they deal with characters like him and Steph later in the show.

And it is great to see how well Dick as Nightwing is being used in the new YJ season. For so long I've been complaining about specific things in the comics and this YJ version is running with so many ideas I've wanted to see implemented for so long. He is only like 20 in the show but commands so much more respect and confidence that it makes the comic version feel so pathetic or stuck. He isn't anchored in Bludhaven trying to protect it, he is fully immersed in the DCU, he has moved on from the "team" after being old enough to go on his own and is creating new teams with old allies and new allies, he isn't bogged down with some normal job stuff and is doing what he enjoys by being a hero, and they structured a logical reason why he doesn't join the JL.

If he wants he could join the JL but he prefers to work on his own outside of it and that decision isn't held against him. The JL are not refusing him from joining or treating him like a child, like in the comics, and he feels like an actual adult despite being younger than he is in the comics. He's been a hero for over a decade on the show by now and is using all his experiences to be the best hero he can be while also enjoying the work involved. It is just very satisfying seeing the character work but also frustrating because the comic version is so far off from this too.
    I can see YJ version of Dick (especially from 3rd season) easily being able to hold his own show as a solo hero. He has everything. From personality to mission possibilities and entertaining action sequences.

Also, I like so far Titans version of Dick too.

I just hope Dick getting some attention of focus right now will not turn into him disappearing or getting minimal screen time later.

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    Here is the question. Why Dick’s eyes in YJ3 suddenly most of times drawn as black instead of usual blue?
    It switches between blue and black. I assume it's probably an animation issue since they downgraded the quality but it only seems to happen for close ups.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    It switches between blue and black. I assume it's probably an animation issue since they downgraded the quality but it only seems to happen for close ups.
    Rarely. I don’t know about quality issues, but they’re mostly black. And that happens only with Dick. Everyone else have the same eye color in every frame. Dick’s eyes turns blue usually only when he uses his lenses.
    Just with DC’s animation movies also drawing him with black/brown eyes it’s seems strange, that they’re trying to alter his look.

It could likely be due to animation cuts, but you do have a good point about the contact lenses. It likely changes to indicate that they are in effect, but given that his eyes are naturally blue, one would think that it would change in the opposite directions.

It could be a clue for something. I saw a pretty good observation on Reddit that thus far Dick's partnership and relationship with Barbara is a secret. In that one scene he refers to them as "we" before hastily correcting himself to say "I." The fact that his eyes are not his normal color could signal that he is hiding a part of himself from the others. Irrespective or eye color though, I do think that there is more going on with the Dick/Babs relationship than meets the eye.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    It could likely be due to animation cuts, but you do have a good point about the contact lenses. It likely changes to indicate that they are in effect, but given that his eyes are naturally blue, one would think that it would change in the opposite directions.

It could be a clue for something. I saw a pretty good observation on Reddit that thus far Dick's partnership and relationship with Barbara is a secret. In that one scene he refers to them as "we" before hastily correcting himself to say "I." The fact that his eyes are not his normal color could signal that he is hiding a part of himself from the others. Irrespective or eye color though, I do think that there is more going on with the Dick/Babs relationship than meets the eye.
    In some scenes they change from his regular cobalt blue to light blue when he uses his lenses. If them giving him black eyes their way to distinguish moments when he uses lens, then why draw him with blue eyes before that. I dunno maybe I’m thinking to much about it. But for me it’s just a strange “mistake”.

Yeah, also noticed it, when he didn’t tell Artemis that he is talking with Babs. Probably because her being alive a some sort of secret to everyone except probably Batfamily.
    Also, the fact that in M’gaan’s mind Dick was the only one presented as a kid. Something tells me his generation YJ team probably feel themselves being alienated from Dick. He even speaks like Bats now.
    Last edited by nightbird; 01-13-2019 at 09:15 AM.

BANNED

Rarely. I don’t know about quality issues, but they’re mostly black. And that happens only with Dick. Everyone else have the same eye color in every frame. Dick’s eyes turns blue usually only when he uses his lenses.
    Just with DC’s animation movies also drawing him with black/brown eyes it’s seems strange, that they’re trying to alter his look.
    They want to make him look more like what they think is Romani and, as Devin Grayson put it, "a person of color."

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    They want to make him look more like what they think is Romani and, as Devin Grayson put it, "a person of color."
    Highly doubt it. Probably just animation issues.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Huh? Dick is like one of the palest in YJ...

Dick's eyes have always looked navy blue in Young Justice, that's just how they look in darker lighting. Go watch episodes like Downtime and Performance from Season 1. They're only a brighter blue in close-ups, brighter settings, and in most panels of the tie-in comics. That's just how lighting works lol. Sometimes they even get to a blue-grey in very bright settings, like that picture of Dick holding his Mathlete trophy from Season 1.

BANNED

Huh? Dick is like one of the palest in YJ...
    Just her idea to make Dick Grayson more "politically correct" at the time. It was a very BAD idea, but DC hasn't entirely discarded it.