Page 132 of 295 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 4424

hah, yeah I'd read that elseworlds story on a monthly basis. I think Dick's character and personality would make for a fantastic knight in that setting. Plus the rest of the team is a combination hilarious/awesome.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

What's the name of the book that has all the roleplay stats for Nightwing and the others in the 80s?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    What's the name of the book that has all the roleplay stats for Nightwing and the others in the 80s?
    I think I found an ad for the book.

"It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I think I found an ad for the book.

Oh... I thought the stats were an insert in an NTT issue or something...

That doesn't look like a book that will be available in comixology anytime soon

Oh... I thought the stats were an insert in an NTT issue or something...

That doesn't look like a book that will be available in comixology anytime soon
    But maybe you can find it through eBay.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L.H. View Post
    This is kinda fun
    This is awesome

I dont know about one from the 80's but a few years back the paper rpg Mutants & Masterminds did a DC book with stats for a lot of characters. I don't recall if Dick or any of the NTT were included though; I never bought it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I dont know about one from the 80's but a few years back the paper rpg Mutants & Masterminds did a DC book with stats for a lot of characters. I don't recall if Dick or any of the NTT were included though; I never bought it.
    I checked it and...

"From 2010 through 2016, Green Ronin published the DC Adventures RPG, using the same system as our popular Mutants & Masterminds Superhero Roleplaying Game.

Our license was for four books, and we delivered the DC Adventures Hero’s Handbook, DC Adventures Heroes & Villains volumes 1 and 2, and DC Adventures: Universe.

Because the license expired, we no longer sell these books"

Dang. I didn't know. It's just around 5e launch too. I would've bought it.

I checked it and...

"From 2010 through 2016, Green Ronin published the DC Adventures RPG, using the same system as our popular Mutants & Masterminds Superhero Roleplaying Game.

Our license was for four books, and we delivered the DC Adventures Hero’s Handbook, DC Adventures Heroes & Villains volumes 1 and 2, and DC Adventures: Universe.

Because the license expired, we no longer sell these books"

Dang. I didn't know. It's just around 5e launch too. I would've bought it.
    Try eBay?

I flipped through one of the books, and decided I didn't need it. The changes to the system were pretty minor and I liked my designs for the DC characters more than what the official handbook offered. I spent a ton of time stating out heroes and villains for a homegrown DC game and thought those had more variety than the handbooks.

Definitely looked like a solid book (books, apparently, I didnt know they did four) but just wasn't worth the investment. But I hope you find it!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

Ah remember this time last yr we got Percy’s NW? The Dick-Babs ship was alive and ppl didn’t hate the artist and everything felt ok

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Ah remember this time last yr we got Percy’s NW? The Dick-Babs ship was alive and ppl didn’t hate the artist and everything felt ok
    The good old times, when our only complain was about the luddite Dick...

Are we seriously at a point where we pine nostalgically for Percy? That run was trash.

More importantly, it was more dangerous trash than Ric because it was superficially appeasing enough that some people overlooked how trash it was. But that is Percy in a nutshell, just look at his Green Arrow.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Are we seriously at a point where we pine nostalgically for Percy? That run was trash.

More importantly, it was more dangerous trash than Ric because it was superficially appeasing enough that some people overlooked how trash it was. But that is Percy in a nutshell, just look at his Green Arrow.
    Well, imho Percy's Nightwing was better than Ric: he had a purpouse, a supporting cast and a mask, at least. Just my two cents.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post

I liked his run and his Green Arrow run both very much. Why are you acting like this is something most people agree with you on?

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    I liked his run and his Green Arrow run both very much. Why are you acting like this is something most people agree with you on?
    That's why I said that his level of bad is dangerous. It is so inoffensive that it flies under the radar of most people as perfectly acceptable. The fact that it was not the outright level of terribleness something like Ric means that it won't be widely criticized. But it was a boring and pointless run. Unforgettable, dated villains, generic Dick in Blüdhaven doing generic Blüdhaven things, and poorly written stories meant that Dick was going nowhere fast. The stories weren't good, but they aren't classic, memorable, or even good. Ultimately it was just as much of a waste as Ric. If we aren't getting stories worth reading, it doesn't matter how bad they are. Once it is bad enough to stop reading, you stop reading it. So the effect of Percy's run is the same as Ric to me. I can't read Nightwing stories because there are not good ones.

Percy's Nightwing run was the first time that I have ever lost interest in a comic midway through and just stopped reading it, put it down, and never felt the desire to read it again. Even the issues of Ric that I looked through I could finish because it was like reading a trainwreck. Which makes it more entertaining than a fat nothing.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)