Page 134 of 295 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 4424
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Nightwing was the lowest selling in continuity Batbook in April. Congratulations Nightwing team. You guys should really be proud of your work on the title, lol.
    It makes me sad but it will only make the jump when he returns to dick seem more grand

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It makes me sad but it will only make the jump when he returns to dick seem more grand
    what do you guys want dick to return to after this ric stuff is done? It cant just be the same old same old things after this right?

The pitch thread has a bunch of ideas. Unfortunately though the same people responsible for Ric will probably be responsible for what comes after. So ya, we’ll probably either get the same old same old and/or another lazy recycled idea. I can see their bullshit reasoning for it too, oh we tried something different but fans didn’t give it a chance.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-14-2019 at 12:21 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    what do you guys want dick to return to after this ric stuff is done? It cant just be the same old same old things after this right?
    That's if he returns. Ric is looking like it will be a big part of his future. To sideline him. To lower him. To destroy him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    How did that play out? Like I said, I never read the run beyond the death race and first issue.

I could see the argument that Dick's among the least tech-savvy Bats. But a lot of Bats are insanely competent programmers and hackers. But just to operate the gadgets and tools at his disposal Dick would have to be *at least* as competent as your average office jockey. He'd have to be computer literate just to drive the damn car.

How did Percy end up spinning it?
    He sorta came off as the "Social media is the devil and we shouldn't trust the internet type." I think he was computer competent, but preferred to punch his problems. He would defer to Babs about computer stuff. Percy was using Babs as a supporting character and I think was angling for their relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Edit: Nah nevermind I won't bring up the cereal.
    If something as small as him liking cereal made you mad... I don't even know man.
    Last edited by dropkickjake; 05-14-2019 at 06:47 AM.

King gave another interview and it is interesting to see how in his interviews now he completely ignores shooting Dick in the head. It has been a completely inconsequential event in his Batman book. They constantly bring up Catwoman leaving him at the alter and how Bane is using that to "break" him, but zero mention by King or the interviewers about shooting Dick in the head. It shows you how little they really care about Dick's character when Bruce getting left at the alter is the BIG thing they focus on instead of Dick getting his brains blown out in front of Bruce, lol.

King doesn’t want to touch Ric, and what shooting him in the head head has turned into, anymore then anyone else. Plus wasn’t there a podcast where he said he was warned not to talk about Ric or something.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-14-2019 at 08:44 AM.

I heard a old podcast with Tom King on Gotham by geeks podcast ep 114 it's around 01:19:38 mark. King wanted to shoot Grayson in the head and Tim Drake would be helping Dick recover with them sharing the book and King said this was inspired by his Uncle having a stroke with King's mom helping him recover.

https://taylornetworkofpodcasts.com/...-114-tom-king/

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lazurus33 View Post
    I heard a old podcast with Tom King on Gotham by geeks podcast ep 114 it's around 01:19:38 mark. King wanted to shoot Grayson in the head and Tim Drake would be helping Dick recover with them sharing the book and King said this was inspired by his Uncle having a stroke with King's mom helping him recover.

Don't have time to listen to the podcast right this moment, but which book was King talking about that Dick and Tim would have shared?

Also, this would have been the type of story that would have been actually emotionally powerful. Coming back from trauma (heart attacks, strokes, comas, accidents, etc.) is something that resonates with tons of people. Instead, we have Ric whose current plot trajectory is so hackneyed and a set of forgettable side characters that no one will care about once this is all over.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lazurus33 View Post

but why do this to dick?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    but why do this to dick?
    For this reason:
    Quote Originally Posted by disillusion386 View Post
    This would have been the type of story that would have been actually emotionally powerful. Coming back from trauma (heart attacks, strokes, comas, accidents, etc.) is something that resonates with tons of people. Instead, we have Ric whose current plot trajectory is so hackneyed and a set of forgettable side characters that no one will care about once this is all over.
    Many people would have resonated with it and we would have gotten a Tim/Dick book. In the same way that Tim helped Bruce in LPoD he would be helping Dick through his trauma, which is supposed to be Tim's role but it often gets neglected. It would be a dream come true.

Nightwing is such an unimportant mantle in-universe there is no reason for Tim to pick it up. And given both their relationship and her history, it would've been much more interesting to see Barbara nursing Dick back to health.

But she has her own book I guess.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 05-14-2019 at 02:09 PM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    For this reason:

Many people would have resonated with it and we would have gotten a Tim/Dick book. In the same way that Tim helped Bruce in LPoD he would be helping Dick through his trauma, which is supposed to be Tim's role but it often gets neglected. It would be a dream come true.
    Yeah, definitely. The fact that King was planning on using something deeply personal to him as the inspiration for the story makes me think it would have been a great arc.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    For this reason:

But tim and dick are not close? Tim already said jason is his go to guy. It be weird, wouldn't Alfred, Barbra hell i could even see damian spoon feeding him soup grumpily. Also its hard for me to see permanent physical truama when his step brother is the heri to the lazzarus pitt and he has contact with what 3 mystical healers. Even his memory loss is dumb when he knows people like Miss Martian, Raven and Lilth

I though dc didnt care about familial relationships, isnt that why Jon is 17 superman and Lois raising child is not adventurous

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    King gave another interview and it is interesting to see how in his interviews now he completely ignores shooting Dick in the head. It has been a completely inconsequential event in his Batman book. They constantly bring up Catwoman leaving him at the alter and how Bane is using that to "break" him, but zero mention by King or the interviewers about shooting Dick in the head. It shows you how little they really care about Dick's character when Bruce getting left at the alter is the BIG thing they focus on instead of Dick getting his brains blown out in front of Bruce, lol.
    Even all these months after the shot, Bruce and Dick never interacted.
    Dammit, Dick doesn't interact with any of his brothers, not even Damian.
    It breaks my heart.