Page 143 of 295 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193243 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 4424

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is usually why I'm not a big fan of when they have all the Robins together. They fall into archetypes and the writing is never all that good.
    Basically, they work best in duos at most. Like the RHatO Rebirth Annual 1, where Dick and Jason interacted. Current Ric run aside (shudders), Lobdell did a good job with the two of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Basically, they work best in duos at most. Like the RHatO Rebirth Annual 1, where Dick and Jason interacted. Current Ric run aside (shudders), Lobdell did a good job with the two of them.
    I wouldn't disagree with this.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Yeah I know, that's just how it is now. DC is dumbing everyone down to a style/suit, ability, and attitude. Not just the Robins but they are the prime example. There's no room for character development.

Jason is the bad one.
    Tim is smart.
    Dick is generic leader.
    Damian is the only one still kinda allowed to be unique for the moment.
    Diferentiating characters based on their ability or quality is what usually happens in fiction when you have a group of characters. This will happen, since Robins has enough members to be a group.

Even if DC doesn't qualify the Robins this way, many fans will still do this.

Dick has bad luck because being the leader (or the heart) does not help much when the character maintains a solo. Although it would still help if Dick could be the leader in an important group.

PS: Although Tim being the smart doesn't help him much either, because Barbara cover that place now.
    Last edited by Konja7; 05-23-2019 at 10:41 AM.

Don’t get your hopes up for Dick in Leviathan,
    https://mobile.twitter.com/BRIANMBEN...ess-grayson%2F
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-23-2019 at 01:17 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Bendis gave a logical reason. No prob.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Except for Alfred being too lazy to give Jason his own room and putting Jason in Dick's room (I guess he for some reason thought Dick would never ever come back home and need his room), and then Jason and Dick fighting over it... It was cringeworthy to me on so many levels. Like, what did they do with Dick's stuff, threw it out? Just because Dick dared to grow up and go solo? If you cease being Robin you are no longer allowed to call the mansion "home" and are actually denied a room and can't sleep there? And if you do decide to stay over for the night no one will even bother to inform you that your room is no longer your room? Also how oblivious is Dick to his surroundings that he can't notice his room has changed and someone else is living there (because surely Jason would have made the room "his" somehow, it is not like it is a hotel room). The guy is supposed to be one of the world's best detectives for God's sake and can't even notice changes to his own room?

Seriously, they have a zillion rooms in that mansion but giving Jason his very own room was unfathomable because Alfred didn't want to occasionally clean an extra room on the side (it is not like Dick's room would need as much cleaning given he wasn't staying there regularly)? REALLY, Lobdell?
    Last edited by Schumiac; 05-23-2019 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiac View Post
    Except for Alfred being too lazy to give Jason his own room and putting Jason in Dick's room (I guess he for some reason thought Dick would never ever come back home and need his room), and then Jason and Dick fighting over it... It was cringeworthy to me on so many levels. Like, what did they do with Dick's stuff, threw it out? Just because Dick dared to grow up and go solo? If you cease being Robin you are no longer allowed to call the mansion "home" and are actually denied a room and can't sleep there? And if you do decide to stay over for the night no one will even bother to inform you that your room is no longer your room? Also how oblivious is Dick to his surroundings that he can't notice his room has changed and someone else is living there (because surely Jason would have made the room "his" somehow, it is not like it is a hotel room). The guy is supposed to be one of the world's best detectives for God's sake and can't even notice changes to his own room?

Seriously, they have a zillion rooms in that mansion but giving Jason his very own room was unfathomable because Alfred didn't want to occasionally clean an extra room on the side (it is not like Dick's room would need as much cleaning given he wasn't staying there regularly)? REALLY, Lobdell?
    If Lobdell is following the original post-crisis story, iirc, Jason went to the manor the day after he first met Bruce in the Alley (he was put in Ma Gunn's school the first day, things happened, and then Bruce brought him following after). And Bruce met Jason the same day he "fired" Dick (I think I remember it being the very same day, in the same issue).

Edit: nevermind. I just realized that Jason was already Robin in that flashback. So Alfred was definitely a bit too lazy. I wouldn't give it too much thought in any case: the story is there to point other stuff, like Jason being stubborn and Dick being at odds with Bruce.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 05-23-2019 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Bendis gave a logical reason. No prob.
    Yeah, can't argue with that. I don't like it, and DC could say that this Event wasn't happening at the same time as "Ric" but I can't fault Bendis for actually following the continuity.

It sucks, but I get it. It's cool.

Now, the real "stupid fan conspiracy theory/question" is this. Bendis intended on using Dick in Leviathan, which means he's followed the character at least as far as "Grayson" since he knows Dick has ties to the spy world. One would assume he's also aware of the current Ric situation, and had originally planned originally to use Nightwing (reportedly in costume and all) anyway. And the plan changed. So does this mean DC has plans for Dick after the "Ric" thing has ended, and those plans don't include a return to a recognizable Nightwing?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Sounds like editorial stepping in again to isolate Dick's character. I feel like Bendis probably wasn't paying attention to what is going on in Nightwing's book so he didn't know what was the character's situation. I really have such low expectations for what is next for Dick even after the Ric garbage ends. He is in such a bad place right now.

I have resigned myself that Young Justice & Titans media is the only place Dick will have agency and a clear path while the Comics will keep him isolated in Bludhaven so he can be used in a crossover for Batman then tossed to the side where no one in the DCU will care because they no longer remember him or are too busy to care

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    I have resigned myself that Young Justice & Titans media is the only place Dick will have agency and a clear path while the Comics will keep him isolated in Bludhaven so he can be used in a crossover for Batman then tossed to the side where no one in the DCU will care because they no longer remember him or are too busy to care
    Tom King sacrificed Dick to further his own Batman story and has gotten a pass. What gets me is that DC seems to be jumping ship on his run but what he has done to Nightwing will take a lot to correct. The character has literally been set back and it doesn’t look like this will be an easy fix. That fact that they let him do this in the first place speaks volumes about the lack of value they see in the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Sounds like editorial stepping in again to isolate Dick's character. I feel like Bendis probably wasn't paying attention to what is going on in Nightwing's book so he didn't know what was the character's situation. I really have such low expectations for what is next for Dick even after the Ric garbage ends. He is in such a bad place right now.
    Or maybe he was hoping to slip that in and no one in editorial would notice. Wouldn't be surprised if he pulled it off.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    man dick is irrelevant now. I mean how many events does dc have going on and dick (a character with a 60+ issue run in today's market) isn't in ONE. Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiac View Post

Let’s say that 90% of comic book writers actually bad writers. What characters represent and the world they live on is entertaining and addictive, but there is a reason, why comics lost their popularity these days. Story structure sucks, characters not consistent, logically a lot of moments make no sense, most of the times there is no emotional punch to what’s happening.
    What happened to Dick just quintessential moment why comics will never benefit from how popular movies based on them became nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    Tom King sacrificed Dick to further his own Batman story and has gotten a pass. What gets me is that DC seems to be jumping ship on his run but what he has done to Nightwing will take a lot to correct. The character has literally been set back and it doesn’t look like this will be an easy fix. That fact that they let him do this in the first place speaks volumes about the lack of value they see in the character.
    As does how they have let the Nightwing team produce such lazy trash, with no end in sight. Not even DC’s lowest performing characters see this kind of unopposed poor editorial and creative effort and performance. They have allowed these editors and their go to creators to take their top selling Bat family member and turn him into their lowest selling Bat family member. Dick is so screwed.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-25-2019 at 02:18 PM.