Page 154 of 295 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204254 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 4424

Excuse the double post, but this kinda deserves it:
    the-lost-carnival-1093-cover-1.jpg

Could be great. The cover certainly looks great.
    Attached Images Attached Images

https://www.cbr.com/report-matt-reev...-batman-robin/

So, if it’s true, can we at least except, that it will be Dick Grayson version of Robin (since Batman is now in his mid-30’s now again) and not any of other 3? Because if so, then Nightwing movie will never happen in the next decade. And while it’s a loss in my eyes for the character to be reduced from lead to secondary, at the same time I’m actually excited to see Dick to get a second chance to be a Robin on the big screen again after so many years.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post

So, if it’s true, can we at least except, that it will be Dick Grayson version of Robin (since Batman is now in his mid-30’s now again) and not any of other 3? Because if so, then Nightwing movie will never happen in the next decade. And while it’s a loss in my eyes for the character to be reduced from lead to secondary, at the same time I’m actually excited to see Dick to get a second chance to be a Robin on the big screen again after so many years.
    Unless the skip dick to Jason so a under the red hood storyline can happen

Or they want to to league of Assassin storyline and skip to Damian or they want to be woke and give Batman a daughter and go with Stephanie or Carrie

We now have left a less then 20% chance of dick. This isn’t the comics where Batman can be 30 forever and we ignore it and time in general

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post

Is there any info attached to this?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Not that I have much faith a Nightwing movie is actually going to happen in the first place, but......

Nothing prevents WB from making a Nightwing film. If Batman is in his 30's again, then they either make Dick and Bruce much closer in age (going for a brother dynamic rather than father-son) or they make Nightwing an "Elseworlds" type movie not connected to the main continuity of the DCEU, just like that Joker film. Or they go young with Dick and build the character around the age of 18 or so, rather than the mid-20's. If the new Bat is 30-35 and Dick is only 18-20, that still provides a fairly big age difference.

A Nightwing movie *could* still happen. But I've never seen anything that makes me think the studio is really interested in doing it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post

what is this?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

One of the DC Ink YA graphic novels

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Not that I have much faith a Nightwing movie is actually going to happen in the first place, but......

Nothing prevents WB from making a Nightwing film. If Batman is in his 30's again, then they either make Dick and Bruce much closer in age (going for a brother dynamic rather than father-son) or they make Nightwing an "Elseworlds" type movie not connected to the main continuity of the DCEU, just like that Joker film. Or they go young with Dick and build the character around the age of 18 or so, rather than the mid-20's. If the new Bat is 30-35 and Dick is only 18-20, that still provides a fairly big age difference.

A Nightwing movie *could* still happen. But I've never seen anything that makes me think the studio is really interested in doing it.
    I’m not sure I want a 18-20 years old Robin)) Even if they try to play Bruce and Dick as brothers (I don’t like it), instead of father and son, it’s still a completely different dynamic. 18-20 old is an adult guy. Does he really need a mentor at that age? Otherwise Bruce and Dick should already work together for more than 5 years.
    And while, yes, it’s true, that DC/WB could’ve made Nightwing movie no matter what, if they wanted, I think audience actually still wants to see all movies mostly in continuity. Seeing how Marvel tried to play family angle in the last Avengers movies, made me a bit frustrated with DC/WB, because they actually the ones who could organically shows us how much family means. Their whole franchise build on that theme and they’re hiding it from the mass audience.
    The next thing is, we hardly see secondary characters in one franchise ever getting their spin-off movies. I feel like if Dick debuts as Robin he could stuck in Batman franchise forever even if he transforms to be a Nightwing in the future. At this point, honestly I don’t know what I want from this franchise and DC, I guess I just want them to do justice to Dick Grayson as a character no matter what. I mean a lot of non-Batman and DC fans know Batman’s story, but not a lot of them even know who Robin, Dick Grayson and Nightwing is. Which is shame considering that he was created only a year after Batman debuted.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Unless the skip dick to Jason so a under the red hood storyline can happen

Or they want to to league of Assassin storyline and skip to Damian or they want to be woke and give Batman a daughter and go with Stephanie or Carrie

We now have left a less then 20% chance of dick. This isn’t the comics where Batman can be 30 forever and we ignore it and time in general
    As much as I want Nightwing movie to happen, it would be such a let down if they skip Dick’s years as Robin. Am I too greedy? lol

The Lost Carnival cover looks pretty cool. How was Moreci's issue of Nightwing though?
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

As much as I want Nightwing movie to happen, it would be such a let down if they skip Dick’s years as Robin. Am I too greedy? lol
    Audiences accepted Wolverine in three X-Men movies, all of which taking place at different times in his life across multiple decades and they even used the same actor. They can have two movies with Dick Grayson set across different times with two actors. As long as they're good, I don't think audiences will care much.

We just went from the '90s to 2019 in the course of a month with respect to Captain Marvel.

Now will WB make a Nightwing movie and have Robin in The Batman? Yeah I dunno about that. Hopefully I'm wrong, both happen and are great, but let's see how Birds of Prey and Joker do first.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    The Lost Carnival cover looks pretty cool. How was Moreci's issue of Nightwing though?
    He wrote the one with Roy Harper and Damian

Extraordinary Member

I’m not sure I want a 18-20 years old Robin)) Even if they try to play Bruce and Dick as brothers (I don’t like it), instead of father and son, it’s still a completely different dynamic. 18-20 old is an adult guy. Does he really need a mentor at that age? Otherwise Bruce and Dick should already work together for more than 5 years.
    And while, yes, it’s true, that DC/WB could’ve made Nightwing movie no matter what, if they wanted, I think audience actually still wants to see all movies mostly in continuity. Seeing how Marvel tried to play family angle in the last Avengers movies, made me a bit frustrated with DC/WB, because they actually the ones who could organically shows us how much family means. Their whole franchise build on that theme and they’re hiding it from the mass audience.
    The next thing is, we hardly see secondary characters in one franchise ever getting their spin-off movies. I feel like if Dick debuts as Robin he could stuck in Batman franchise forever even if he transforms to be a Nightwing in the future. At this point, honestly I don’t know what I want from this franchise and DC, I guess I just want them to do justice to Dick Grayson as a character no matter what. I mean a lot of non-Batman and DC fans know Batman’s story, but not a lot of them even know who Robin, Dick Grayson and Nightwing is. Which is shame considering that he was created only a year after Batman debuted.
    its the dynamic that DC been selling since new 52 hell its even in Batman and Robin movie

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    He wrote the one with Roy Harper and Damian
    Yeah I had long since dropped off the title. How was it? The preview seemed a bit iffy to me.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Y'know, I remember a rumor that Reeves was looking to do the most comic-accurate Batman movie yet, so I wonder if that means Batman with a full-fledged Robin?

Although I'm also reminded of that Elseworlds story where Dick was a private detective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Yeah I had long since dropped off the title. How was it? The preview seemed a bit iffy to me.
    I thought it was a fun one-off. Everybody felt relatively in-character and Dick came off pretty well.

It'll be interesting to see what they do for the graphic novel since it seems like a prequel focusing on Dick's circus life which we don't really see focused on much beyond smaller flashbacks.

Is the woman on the cover Mary? I wonder if there's significance to her being on it and not her and John Grayson. I wonder if the story will be Dick still being with the circus even after his parents died?