Page 155 of 295 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205255 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 4424

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    He wrote the one with Roy Harper and Damian
    Which has been one of the better issues since Seeley left.

Can we just get Seeley back for goodness sake.

Batman working with a full-fledged Robin? That's not comics accurate as of now. Unfortunately.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by BloodOps View Post
    Which has been one of the better issues since Seeley left.

Can we just get Seeley back for goodness sake.
    I think it would take a lot to get Seeley to come back after he became kind of disillusioned on the title.

With how DC Editorial handles the book it doesn't seem like something that most writers would willingly jump at unless they were DC pinch-hitters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Batman working with a full-fledged Robin? That's not comics accurate as of now. Unfortunately.
    If it was an early Batman in his prime it would be, though .

I'd sooner buy an issue of Ric than read about the Runoffs.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

That kind of surprises me .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Y'know, I remember a rumor that Reeves was looking to do the most comic-accurate Batman movie yet, so I wonder if that means Batman with a full-fledged Robin?
    We'll get a live action Robin, I can feel it. It's one of the few things that DC can do to not only differentiate themselves from Marvel but also pull people back in for their movies.

I've seen a lot of people on Twitter really excited at the idea for Batman and Robin.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Yeah I had long since dropped off the title. How was it? The preview seemed a bit iffy to me.
    It's a fun one. The premise is Dick was about to have a day off but Roy and Damian dragged him into fighting League of Assassins. Hijinks ensue. Roy and Damian pretty much fight on who's the most immature one and Dick has to be the dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Y'know, I remember a rumor that Reeves was looking to do the most comic-accurate Batman movie yet, so I wonder if that means Batman with a full-fledged Robin?

Although I'm also reminded of that Elseworlds story where Dick was a private detective.

I thought it was a fun one-off. Everybody felt relatively in-character and Dick came off pretty well.

It'll be interesting to see what they do for the graphic novel since it seems like a prequel focusing on Dick's circus life which we don't really see focused on much beyond smaller flashbacks.

Is the woman on the cover Mary? I wonder if there's significance to her being on it and not her and John Grayson. I wonder if the story will be Dick still being with the circus even after his parents died?
    She's wearing a circus costume with a typical Romani headband so yeah I think it's Mary

LoL, I still just want that stupid Karate Cowboy to die 100 deaths. Wanted it since I was 13.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    its the dynamic that DC been selling since new 52 hell its even in Batman and Robin movie
    For comics it’s not true anymore as much as it’s was never true for movies.

The Lost Carnival cover looks pretty cool. How was Moreci's issue of Nightwing though?
    Pretty great imo, but his Roy was very out of character for where he was in Rebirth continuity, but in line with a younger more Lobdell-y one so I didn't enjoy it as much as I would've liked. His Dick was pretty fun tho lol. He loves Dick Grayson though, so there's that as well. Sounds like some people behind the scenes at DC were excited for this book too (though I'm sure people like Didio weren't exactly ecstatic about the book).

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Is there any info attached to this?
    No official solicit or synopsis exists, but Moreci once tweeted it'd be a story set at Haly's Circus and explore a new world, new characters, and a new love interest. I think we're going to be reading a young teen Dick here just like the other DC Ink books, and it's either a universe where Dick never becomes Robin or it's a pre-Robin story. Milledge is a pretty great artist from what I can tell, so it should turn out pretty good imo. I'm pretty excited to read a Dick Grayson story with no Batman baggage.

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/report-matt-reev...-batman-robin/

So, if it’s true, can we at least except, that it will be Dick Grayson version of Robin (since Batman is now in his mid-30’s now again) and not any of other 3? Because if so, then Nightwing movie will never happen in the next decade. And while it’s a loss in my eyes for the character to be reduced from lead to secondary, at the same time I’m actually excited to see Dick to get a second chance to be a Robin on the big screen again after so many years.
    If we get a different Robin set so early in his career (and Dick doesn't turn up as a very young Nightwing or something to explain it) then I'm not turning up to see the movie lol. It might turn out a little detrimental to the Nightwing IP to have Dick showing up as Robin on the big screen again, but as a Dick Grayson fan I'd much rather just get as much good Grayson content than get nothing at all and see the Nightwing IP flounder regardless. Dick as Robin is still my favourite Robin, so I'd definitely be excited for this (I mean, I'm just imagining this movie being an adaptation of Dark Victory at this point).
    Last edited by Grayson - The Dark Heir; 06-02-2019 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    If we get a different Robin set so early in his career (and Dick doesn't turn up as a very young Nightwing or something to explain it) then I'm not turning up to see the movie lol. It might turn out a little detrimental to the Nightwing IP to have Dick showing up as Robin on the big screen again, but as a Dick Grayson fan I'd much rather just get as much good Grayson content than get nothing at all and see the Nightwing IP flounder regardless. Dick as Robin is still my favourite Robin, so I'd definitely be excited for this (I mean, I'm just imagining this movie being an adaptation of Dark Victory at this point).
    If we get Robin this early (Pattinson is contracted for 3 movies) we might see a Nightwing transition in at least the second or third movie.

I dunno why DC never actually tried to build whole Batverse by now. Considering how rich Bat’s history and mythology they could easily find a material for 10 movies just about him. And we also have bunch of characters that could easily support one or two spin-offs.

I think I would be satisfied if for the next decade they promote Dick as Robin in movies and Nightwing in Titans. I don’t want them to rush his transition from Robin to Nightwing in just one or two movies.

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    I dunno why DC never actually tried to build whole Batverse by now. Considering how rich Bat’s history and mythology they could easily find a material for 10 movies just about him. And we also have bunch of characters that could easily support one or two spin-offs.
    They did once in the past, but they give it to Schumacher, which made them cancel everything.

We're also talking about the same company who blame the lack of female superhero movie to female characters instead of bad writing. The same concept applies to Batfam. When they can get a lot of money by doing Batman solo and the one time they do Batfam movie they flop, they blame it on the Batfam.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 06-03-2019 at 12:05 PM.