Page 157 of 295 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207257 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 4424

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I don't know. Nobody said shit about MCU Tony Stark not only allowing the 15 year old Peter Parker to operate as Spiderman by himself, but gave him most of his tech, essentially allowing him to go out and endanger his life every night. Sure Peter is older than Dick as Robin would be, but he's still a kid. At least Bruce supervises his Robins xD
    I love how we're acknowledging MCU Spider-Man's teen sidekick status .

Although MCU Peter isn't that far off from how they usually age-up Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I love how we're acknowledging MCU Spider-Man's teen sidekick status .

Although MCU Peter isn't that far off from how they usually age-up Robin.
    A mentor and pupil is no different than a hero and sidekick. Just that sidekick has gotten to be more of a derogatory word for some reason.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post

Now imagine if Aunt May started outfitting Peter with crimefighting tech and order him to fight crime. People will be on her in an instant.
    Well she knows Peter is Spidey in the MCU now, so it's not really any better. She's knowingly allowing him to be Spider-Man using tech that Tony gifted him.

I really don't think the mainstream public is going to have a problem with a 15 year old Robin. All they have to do is emphasize how competent and capable Dick is and that whether Bruce wants it or not, Dick is going to go out and do his thing no matter what. I mean, that's literally why Dick becomes Robin. Bruce doesn't just outfit the kid with the costume, all modern interpretations of his origin firmly place Dick becoming Robin after Bruce catches Dick on the hunt for Zucco. If this movie is going all noir, Dark Victory style, they might as well roughly adapt the way Dick's origin works there.

The way I'd write it, I'd say Dick's parents die when he's 11-12, and after spending a short time at an orphanage or two, we see Bruce adopting him. We get the usual story beats, Bruce being absent and Dick growing resentful, Bruce eventually letting him in on the secret, and then Bruce earnestly training Dick.

Then, boom, timeskip. Now you have Robin at 15, a full-fledged hero in his own right, recognized across Gotham, etc. He's spent a couple years learning everything he could from Bruce, and now Bruce trusts him not only with both of their lives, but the lives of Gotham citizens. Batman's still the main character, but now you have Robin around to to do some extra detecting and fighting, since the movie is supposed to have multiple villains (just like Dark Victory).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Well she knows Peter is Spidey in the MCU now, so it's not really any better. She's knowingly allowing him to be Spider-Man using tech that Tony gifted him.

I really don't think the mainstream public is going to have a problem with a 15 year old Robin. All they have to do is emphasize how competent and capable Dick is and that whether Bruce wants it or not, Dick is going to go out and do his thing no matter what. I mean, that's literally why Dick becomes Robin. Bruce doesn't just outfit the kid with the costume, all modern interpretations of his origin firmly place Dick becoming Robin after Bruce catches Dick on the hunt for Zucco. If this movie is going all noir, Dark Victory style, they might as well roughly adapt the way Dick's origin works there.

The way I'd write it, I'd say Dick's parents die when he's 11-12, and after spending a short time at an orphanage or two, we see Bruce adopting him. We get the usual story beats, Bruce being absent and Dick growing resentful, Bruce eventually letting him in on the secret, and then Bruce earnestly training Dick.

Then, boom, timeskip. Now you have Robin at 15, a full-fledged hero in his own right, recognized across Gotham, etc. He's spent a couple years learning everything he could from Bruce, and now Bruce trusts him not only with both of their lives, but the lives of Gotham citizens. Batman's still the main character, but now you have Robin around to to do some extra detecting and fighting, since the movie is supposed to have multiple villains (just like Dark Victory).
    Honestly, I really doubt they would make a timeskip for Robin origin if they introduce Dick as Robin in the first film.

If they introduce Dick as Robin in the first film, I see more likely Dick lost his parents when he's 15 and he will start to be Robin at that time too.

A timeskip would be more likely if they introduce Dick in the first film, but he as Robin appear in the sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Honestly, I really doubt they would make a timeskip for Robin origin if they introduce Dick as Robin in the first film.

If they introduce Dick as Robin in the first film, I see more likely Dick lost his parents when he's 15 and he will start to be Robin at that time too.

A timeskip would be more likely if they introduce Dick in the first film, but he as Robin appear in the sequel.
    I think the best way to do it would be to use Dick's origin (at 10-12 years old) as a way to re-tell Bruce's. We've seen the wayne's get gunned down like a dozen times in movies at this point, so if this movie is another origin, telling it through Bruce's empathy for Dick is the best way to do it. Then you have Dick as a small supporting role int he movie, with an end credits scene where he discovers the batcave. Time jump for sequel with 15 yr old Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post

Dick staying in an orphanage before being adopted by Bruce feels wrong to me.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Kick Ass movies had a little girl beating down adults. As long as they show Robin as capable, badass hero and very helpful ally to Bats mass audience will be fine with a teen superhero. They should also build a real connection between Robin and Batman as family members, not just mentor and mentee.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    Kick Ass movies had a little girl beating down adults. As long as they show Robin as capable, badass hero and very helpful ally to Bats mass audience will be fine with a teen superhero. They should also build a real connection between Robin and Batman as family members, not just mentor and mentee.
    Do you know why the second kick ass movie flopped

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Do you know why the second kick ass movie flopped
    imho, bad script and uninspiring directing.

Extraordinary Member

TTGO trying to pair up wondergirl with robin......

Mighty Member

Hmmm... I still can't believe how bad things are now compared to two years ago. DC has destroyed the Titans and Nightwing with no good ending in sight. Hard to be optimistic right now. But it made saving money easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    TTGO trying to pair up wondergirl with robin......
    I don't mind it. Dick and Donna haven't been shown as good friends since 2011 in any form of comics or media. Their relationship isn't what it used to be anymore.

Not true, the Titans tv showed them as good friends

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I don't mind it. Dick and Donna haven't been shown as good friends since 2011 in any form of comics or media. Their relationship isn't what it used to be anymore.
    That and TTGO tends to just do their own thing with these characters (Dick having an unrequited love for Kory. Raven and Trigon having a standard "caring father and rebellious daughter" relationship. Vic being in a steady relationship with Jinx) Surprisingly enough, their version of Terra is the only one that's closer to her comic portrayal than she was in the 2003 cartoon XD

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Not true, the Titans tv showed them as good friends
    I completely forgot about that, lol. I take back what I said then, but I am still kind of okay with it in the TTGO show. Robin needs something good to happen to him there.
    Last edited by Badou; 06-05-2019 at 03:36 PM.