Page 16 of 295 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

They have already been around too long. How long did We Are Robin last?
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-15-2019 at 07:04 PM.

Question though what kind of legacy Rick will leave to Dick after himself. And knowing writers there is only two options. Other something too damaging to Dick’s character or nothing at all.

Ric is going to be looked back on in mockery.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    [URL=htt
    http://vipadafai.tumblr.com/post/182...see-bruce-face

Dick, Bruce, Jason Titans TV version
    That's some beautiful fan-art.

Incredible Member

Question though what kind of legacy Rick will leave to Dick after himself. And knowing writers there is only two options. Other something too damaging to Dick’s character or nothing at all.
    I would have honestly preferred him being made a Talon for the Court of Owls. It would have made for a better and more interesting story. This story line so far has done nothing for the character at all.

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    I would have honestly preferred him being made a Talon for the Court of Owls. It would have made for a better and more interesting story. This story line so far has done nothing for the character at all.
    Not sure if I agree. Talons usually pretty dead and they kill and they’re inherently broken and under control all the time.

Incredible Member

Not sure if I agree. Talons usually pretty dead and they kill and they’re inherently broken and under control all the time.
    We all know it wouldn’t last but would tie into his past back story with the Grayson’s and his family lineage to be explored more. This storyline offers nothing so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    If it’s looked back, I feel it’s going to be a “we don’t talk about it” like Flash fans did with Bart Allen’s Flash Run.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    No way. They're kinda undead nasty things, and they get starved and tortured before they become Talons. Don't want Dick suffering any more than he already is.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The standard. A year.

It's been mocked since it's inception. lol
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Felt like twenty years. The Nightwingies have already been around about four decades, or maybe it just feels like it.

-Batman #75 (July)
    -the end of Doomsday Clock (keeps getting delayed, so let's be safe and say July-August)
    -the end of Heroes in Crisis (May)
    -the Bendis Leviathan event (???)
    -and Snyder's next summer event (end of summer into fall, Snyder said, so August-September? #25 is the start of a new arc and comes out in June, so another 6 issue arc would mean September?)
    All kinda points to Ric sticking around for a while imo. Chances are they're going to want to keep the wheels spinning, Lobdell or otherwise, and wait until September or October for a relaunch or a new direction (as new as getting your memories back would be). I definitely expect that to happen to plenty of other books at that point, since those are all the bigger events happening around the DCU and they all offer an opportunity to launch new books and stories.

And the conversation's kinda passed, but I think YJ is actually worth my time as a Dick Grayson fan. I can't say the same for TNBA. BTAS on the other hand, sure, but I'm a lot more happy watching YJ. There are a couple episodes of BTAS that every Dick fan needs to watch, anyways. YJ still isn't really that solo Nightwing series that we want to really focus on our boy, but it's hell of a lot better than TNBA which is a huge reason why most Batman and DC writers/staff view Dick as a lesser character to Batman. So ultimately, I don't care which is the better show. I just know which one is more exciting to watch as a fan.
    Last edited by Grayson - The Dark Heir; 01-16-2019 at 03:10 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Batman #75, the end of Doomsday Clock, the end of Heroes in Crisis, the Bendis Leviathan event, and Snyder's next summer event, kinda all points to Ric sticking around for a while imo. Chances are they're going to want to keep the wheels spinning, Lobdell or otherwise, and wait until September for a relaunch or a new direction (as new as getting your memories back would be). I definitely expect that to happen to plenty of other books at that point, since those are all the bigger events happening around the DCU and they all offer an opportunity to launch new books and stories.

And the conversation's kinda passed, but I think YJ is actually worth my time as a Dick Grayson fan. I can't say the same for TNBA. BTAS on the other hand, sure, but I'm a lot more happy watching YJ. There are a couple episodes of BTAS that every Dick fan needs to watch, anyways. YJ still isn't really that solo Nightwing series that we want to really focus on our boy, but it's hell of a lot better than TNBA which is a huge reason why most Batman and DC writers/staff view Dick as a lesser character to Batman. So ultimately, I don't care which is the better show. I just know which one is more exciting to watch as a fan.
    Which episodes of BTAS would worthwhile for Dick fans? I think the Nightwingies are hanging around until Didio can justify canceling the book.

Started YJ & Titans, both are good showings for Dick/Robin/Nightwing. Ric has pushed me away from Nightwing Comics for the foreseeable future because it the triumphant return of Nightwing is done in some crossover that once again make the story revolve around Batman I will not waste my time with a character that is disregarded by DC as having no story outside of Batman. YJ is my favorite since I haven’t finished Titans.