Page 163 of 295 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213263 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 4424

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    I wanna see Dick be Leviathan. Dead Roy, evil Donna, killer Wally and villain Dick. I can see the new Titans book now: the Tryannic Titans.

Make Roy a zombie, and I'd read it.

"We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

I wanna see Dick be Leviathan. Dead Roy, evil Donna, killer Wally and villain Dick. I can see the new Titans book now: the Tryannic Titans.
    Teen titans go did this

Dick Gravestone was pretty good, LoL.

Astonishing Member

This feels like something DC would do.It's not a coincidence that most of the characters who are suspected of being on the Batman Who Laughs payroll are from the Titans franchise.

If most of the relevant Titans are evil or derailed who does DC expect to carry the franchise? Damian 's generation? Outside of Damian and KF I don't think they have staying power.

Thought this was funny,
    Tim Seeley: Here’s the sad truth you learn when working in ongoing serialized fiction: No one REALLY wants the will-they-wont-they couples together. The moment the creator does it, they’re subject to the ideas and expectations of every reader, and that means every single reader will be disappointed. It’s the old Sam and Diane Conundrum from Cheers. The moment you do it, you lose the story engine that comes from the tension. See also, my experience with Nightwing and Batgirl!

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...-15-jean-grey/

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Thought this was funny,
    Tim Seeley: Here’s the sad truth you learn when working in ongoing serialized fiction: No one REALLY wants the will-they-wont-they couples together. The moment the creator does it, they’re subject to the ideas and expectations of every reader, and that means every single reader will be disappointed. It’s the old Sam and Diane Conundrum from Cheers. The moment you do it, you lose the story engine that comes from the tension. See also, my experience with Nightwing and Batgirl!

Or, it could lead into new stories exploring that couple's relationship as it progresses.

Because heaven forbid we actually get somewhere with some of these relationships. Supes and Lois being one of the few exceptions. And even that had to be brought back after the failed New52!

I'd be fine if Dick was running Leviathan as anything is better than Ric. Where Dick is at now is the complete bottom creatively. Dick could have even been the murderer in HiC instead of Wally and I'd be fine with it because unlike Wally Dick has had his chances over and over again to tell solo stories and they haven't really been working. So do something to shake up the character entirely. If Dick is still running around rooftops in Bludhaven working as a cab driver or a bartender after he gets his memories back I'm done.

But I don't see how he can be the guy running Leviathan. Since isn't Talon recruiting Dick the same time as Leviathan is going on? Plus the words the guy used like calling Superman "the alien" didn't really feel like anything Dick would say. But it is Bendis and he isn't really known for getting characters right, so who knows.

Thought this was funny,

I feel like it works both ways. If all you do is tease them together and nothing ever happens everyone is upset too. Since the people that want the relationship to happen are upset, and the people that want Dick to move on to a new romance are upset because he is still stuck in a relationship tease that will never develop into anything. I'd personally rather see relationships develop and progress. It gives you opportunities to tell different stories and dive even further into their relationship. Eventually that means that the relationship will "end" in these ongoing serialized fiction stories, but after enough time passes you can circle back around to it again.
    Last edited by Badou; 06-10-2019 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I feel like it works both ways. If all you do is tease them together and nothing ever happens everyone is upset too. Since the people that want the relationship to happen are upset, and the people that want Dick to move on to a new romance are upset because he is still stuck in a relationship tease that will never develop into anything. I'd personally rather see relationships develop and progress. It gives you opportunities to tell different stories and dive even further into their relationship. Eventually that means that the relationship will "end" in these ongoing serialized fiction stories, but after enough time passes you can circle back around to it again.
    Getting one of those couples together definitely can work, but it changes the nature of the dynamic between them and you have to make some story shifts to allow for that. And the relationship story, amazingly enough in this age of decompressed stories, never seems to get enough room to breathe.

The bigger problem, and one that’s fairly unique to comics, is that if both halves of the couple have their own books there are competing demands to keep them apart. Unless the same writer is doing both books, in which case they can co-ordinate the demands on each character’s time apart, and throw in a mix of crossovers and extended guest appearances to built and develop the relationship. So Dick and Babs worked really well during the Chuck Dixon era, when he was in charge of both their fates, but started falling apart as soon as he came off one of the titles and went into complete meltdown as soon as he’d left both.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jules View Post
    Getting one of those couples together definitely can work, but it changes the nature of the dynamic between them and you have to make some story shifts to allow for that. And the relationship story, amazingly enough in this age of decompressed stories, never seems to get enough room to breathe.

The bigger problem, and one that’s fairly unique to comics, is that if both halves of the couple have their own books there are competing demands to keep them apart. Unless the same writer is doing both books, in which case they can co-ordinate the demands on each character’s time apart, and throw in a mix of crossovers and extended guest appearances to built and develop the relationship. So Dick and Babs worked really well during the Chuck Dixon era, when he was in charge of both their fates, but started falling apart as soon as he came off one of the titles and went into complete meltdown as soon as he’d left both.
    Is that the issue having the writer? Why is it so difficult for writer to collaborate. Batgirl whole life doesn’t change because she dating dick

Mighty Member

It's better not to date Batgirl. Dick needs less Bat family, not more. I'm tired of Dick's life revolving around Gotham, Batman's territory. He needs to stay away and only visit from time to time. I'll rather read boring Nightwing Bludhaven stories than the typical Nightwing Gotham stories. At least in those stories Dick is the boss and the Man. The story should revolve around Nightwing. Not Batman. Not Batgirl. Not any other in the Bat family. Not every Nightwing fan is intrested in his Bat history. Dick Grayson is more than that.

Mighty Member

Nightwing name came from Superman. He became Nightwing in the most iconic Titans story. All away from Batman's shadow. I don't know why people want him to go back to S.S. Gotham. And be assigned as First Mate Nightwing to Captain Batman. Re-reading every Nightwing Gotham these recent years has been cringe inducing. Might as well call him Blue Robin because that's what he is in Gotham. Grayson did it right. Get him out of Gotham. Get him a new cast without Gotham baggage. Last and most important, crossovers should be lessened and have little impact to the series. Shame to shooting Nightwing in the head, NOT EVEN IN HIS OWN BOOK. Shame! King destroyed Nightwing and Titans in a forgettable Batman issue. Shame to DC!

I get what Seeley is saying, but at the same time I’m not sure Dick and Babs was initially intended to be a will they won’t they. It now devolved into that, which imo seems more due to scheduling and publishing obstacles. But I mean Dick and Babs did have pretty good relationship when they were dating, at least imo, and I think it’s actually when it devolved into this will they won’t they that it started to disappoint and unsatisfy.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-11-2019 at 01:19 PM.

Incredible Member

One of the many things I liked about Grayson were the Batman/ Grayson interactions. Though they were over the radio, and Batman was costumed in his war room, the exchanges read less like Batman to Nightwing, and more like Bruce to Dick. They showed their mutual respect and affection, coming off as comrades and brothers, not rivals, or even mentor/student.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Is that the issue having the writer? Why is it so difficult for writer to collaborate. Batgirl whole life doesn’t change because she dating dick
    I assume the relationship just gets in the way of each writer developing the story they want to tell.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

I get what Seeley is saying, but at the same time I’m not sure Dick and Babs was initially intended to be a will they won’t they. It now devolved into that, which imo seems more due to scheduling and publishing obstacles. But I mean Dick and Babs did have pretty good relationship when they were dating, at least imo, and I think it’s actually when it devolved into this will they won’t they that it started to disappoint and unsatisfy.
    She was Oracle He was Batman they probably could have gotten married and had children if not for the New52 reset