Page 173 of 295 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183223273 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 4424
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Older Grayson [Batman Beyond]

https://twitter.com/JarrulusX

That art is great, too bad old Dick is barely relevant to the Beyond book itself. We still don't even know who Elainna's mom is lol.

Has this been posted here? I just found out about it today not sure how I missed a Dick Grayson Graphic Novel announcement

It has already been posted
    Also, in Teen Titans: Raven, Kami Garcia says that the book is part of a series about the Teen Titans, so we're going to have another Dick Graphic Novel announcement. They have already announced the Beast Boy one, for summer 2020.
    By the way, I've loved the Raven issue, hope this quality will stick and improve.

What's the deal with this young Dick book? Is it a YA novel or a OGN? Might have to check it out. What's the release date?

(couldn't find where this had been discussed in the previous pages, though I vaguely recall it being brought up.)
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

It's gonna fall under the DC Kids billing now that Ink is over, isn't it? Because that would be an awful way to ruin that pretty cover.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

It will be in the YA line with the Oracle and Teen/Titans book. I forgot the official name but there is a YA line, not just Kids and Adult.
    It's an OGN.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    It will be in the YA line with the Oracle and Teen/Titans book. I forgot the official name but there is a YA line, not just Kids and Adult.
    It's an OGN.
    There was Ink and Zoom but they cancelled it along with Vertigo and MAD. The only remaining DC labels are DC Kids, DC, and DC Black Label.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

So a graphic novel then, like that Mera one?

Okay, I could get down with that. For the kids, if nothing else. Thanks for the info gentlemen and/or ladies. Work was hell and I was far too lazy to Google.

Also, does anyone find it odd that DC threw such a fit over Bat-penis, but Black Label is one of the only imprints surviving?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

Okay, I could get down with that. For the kids, if nothing else. Thanks for the info gentlemen and/or ladies. Work was hell and I was far too lazy to Google.

Also, does anyone find it odd that DC threw such a fit over Bat-penis, but Black Label is one of the only imprints surviving?
    Controversy sells, I guess.

I'm pissed that MAD is going down too.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Well, compartmentalizing doesn't always make sense .

Well, it wasn't DC who threw a fit. Just parents who heard there will be Batman penis from the news. DC just acts to maintain PR. So it's a "care by care" basis. If the parents don't care they won't care.
    Like how said parents never heard that the book includes church vandalism, crucified corpse, and demonic possession.

Extraordinary Member

It is the only imprint that generates massive sales.

Batman Damned sold close to 100K copies, the stuff from Vertigo and Young Animal struggles to sell 10K copies.

Would of course be interesting how well Ink and zoom were doing.

I just posted about this, but yeah Lost Carnival is now a general DC graphic novel, which is great because it deserves to advertised as a DC book and not as part of an imprint like DC Ink (not that there's any problem with DC Ink, I just personally feel like these books are the real future for comic books and not the direct market).

Here's the synopsis posted on DC's site:
    Before Batman trained him to be Robin, Dick Grayson discovered the power of young love--and its staggering costs--at the dangerous, magical, and utterly irresistible Lost Carnival.

Haly's traveling circus no longer has the allure of its glamorous past, but it still has one main attraction: the Flying Graysons, a family of trapeze artists starring a teenage Dick Grayson. The only problem is that Dick loathes spending his summers performing tired routines for a dwindling crowd.

When the Lost Carnival, a wild and enchanting new attraction, opens nearby and threatens to pull Haly's remaining customers, Dick is among those drawn to its magical nighttime glow. But there are forces ancient and dangerous at work at the Lost Carnival, and when Dick meets the mysterious Luciana and her carnival workers--each stranger than the last--he may be too mesmerized to recognize the danger ahead.

Beneath the carnival's dazzling fireworks, Dick must decide who he is and who he wants to be--choosing between loyalty to his family history and a glittering future with new friends and romance. Writer Michael Moreci and artist Sas Milledge redefine Dick Grayson in The Lost Carnival, a young adult graphic novel exploring the power and magic of young love.
    I'm definitely looking forward to it. My hope is that we either get more books set before Dick becomes Robin, or we get to follow Dick as Robin for the next one (like, one book set before Robin, one as Robin, one right before he becomes Nightwing). We'll see where this goes.

I've also read Teen Titans: Raven, and it's great. I recommend it to all Teen Titans (well, mostly Raven) fans, but based on some of the events in the book, I thought I might as well share my Robin-related speculation for the eventual Teen Titans: Robin book, but mind the spoilers.
    spoilers:
    The way they introduced Slade Wilson in this universe is pretty great imo. He's a lot more grounded just like Raven and Beast Boy seem to be so far, but he's still definitely Slade. Now, given that Raven's origin doesn't include Azarath, and that Beast Boy's doesn't involve the Doom Patrol, I actually doubt Batman will be part of Dick's origin here. Also note, whether it's entirely due to Picolo or not, this universe seems to take some inspiration from the 2003 animated series. So, considering all that, I'm thinking Dick is going to be a newly orphaned circus kid who's run away and been picked up by Slade. He'll eventually decide to betray Slade, become Robin, and lead the Teen Titans. Another thing, I don't want to spoil everything, but since Raven sort of has her own supporting hero or sidekick, it's not a stretch to assume almost every character will get one in their respective book, i.e. a reformed Blackfire for Starfire's book. Rose and/or Joey Wilson makes sense for Robin's book if my speculation is on track, doesn't it?
    end of spoilers

"a young adult graphic novel exploring the power and magic of young love."

Oh so she is a love interest