Page 178 of 202 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 3019
  1. #2656
    Astonishing Member Badou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,065

    Default

    Dick grew up in a traveling circus. If any character is comfortable being a vagabond it would be him. There are only two places Dick should call "home". It would be Haly's Circus and Gotham. He has deep roots to those places.

    Gotham is a fine place to collect himself between story arcs, or even use whatever is the Titans or JL base if you are inclined, but I don't see why Dick needs his own city that is completely dead weight to him with nothing of value in it to be considered a proper hero.

  2. #2657
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Dick grew up in a traveling circus. If any character is comfortable being a vagabond it would be him. There are only two places Dick should call "home". It would be Haly's Circus and Gotham. He has deep roots to those places.

    Gotham is a fine place to collect himself between story arcs, or even use whatever is the Titans or JL base if you are inclined, but I don't see why Dick needs his own city that is completely dead weight to him with nothing of value in it to be considered a proper hero.
    That’s was with his family, it didn’t matter where thy lived becuase they were together. Now his family is in Gotham so why not call it home

  3. #2658
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    5,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I was over at the Dream Comics thread trying to divide members of the massive Batman family between titles based on location and realized there's a huge imbalance. Most of the Batman family operates in Gotham, even people who disagree ideologically like Batman, Batwoman, and Red Hood. Even Burnside is actually a district in Gotham.

    Some of them really should move to Bludhaven. It's a city, dang it. Divide it by district like Gotham and give them their own place to run around.
    Blüdhaven, might technically not be a part of Gotham but it is still very close, during the Dixon era, it was never a problem for Dick to visit Gotham or for the others to visit him (Barbara used to pop up quite frequently, Tim a little bit less, and Huntress also one or two times).

    And Blüdhaven is much smaller the Gotham, it has probaly the size of one of Gothams districts, or is even a bit smaller.

    I would prefer if some of the others would get their own setting over them moving to Blüdhaven.

  4. #2659
    Astonishing Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    2,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Blüdhaven, might technically not be a part of Gotham but it is still very close, during the Dixon era, it was never a problem for Dick to visit Gotham or for the others to visit him (Barbara used to pop up quite frequently, Tim a little bit less, and Huntress also one or two times).

    And Blüdhaven is much smaller the Gotham, it has probaly the size of one of Gothams districts, or is even a bit smaller.

    I would prefer if some of the others would get their own setting over them moving to Blüdhaven.
    By one district is it the size of one of Gotham's three islands or even smaller?

    Nevermind, I checked the maps. Yeah, it does look like it's not even the size of one of Gotham's islands. Half an island maybe. That's way smaller than I thought.

  5. #2660
    Incredible Member WonderNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Nightwing just needs to be different, nightwing is no different than the other dozen rooftop running at night batfam members. Fighting crime in gotham or gotham like city. It's the main reason DC doesn't know what to do with the character. Remember didios biggest problem with him besides ageing batman is that nightwing is REDUNDENT with the rest of the batfam. It's the reason why his status quo keeps getting shaken up every 2 or 3 years now.

    That's why things that ties nightwing down to just Batman and batman lite just hurt nightwing in the long run. Nightwing should have been spun off by now honestly.
    Last edited by WonderNight; 07-16-2019 at 08:45 AM.

  6. #2661
    Fantastic Member L.H.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    305

    Default

    https://www.dcuniverse.com/community...vorite-dc-univ

    DCU poll for your favorite DC Universe originale character, Dick is twice on the list, both in Titans and Young Justice: Outsiders versions

  7. #2662
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    441

    Default

    Saw pieces of the new issue spoilers:
    he basically reveals his past to he’s and says he doesn’t care about the rich man(Bruce),kid(Damian),babs and Alfred
    end of spoilers

  8. #2663
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    8,553

    Default

    It was such a tread water issue. You would think there would be more urgency given the title being at all time lows, but no. Nothing. It just repeated the same thing over and over till the offer at the end. This is why these protected good old boys just need to go. There’s no accountability, so there’s no hunger or vigor and no real drive or investment.
    I actually almost don’t want Jurgan's to bring Dick back, cause what would he be bringing him back to. A title that in now firmly in the the gutter and bottom of barrel creators who don’t actually care. It’d be better for Dick if they let this title die with Ric, and then go out and find better, hungrier, creators to start over with Dick.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-17-2019 at 06:42 AM.

  9. #2664
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    1,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Saw pieces of the new issue spoilers:
    he basically reveals his past to he’s and says he doesn’t care about the rich man(Bruce),kid(Damian),babs and Alfred
    end of spoilers
    That's really harsh, especially when you consider everything he's been through with those guys.

  10. #2665
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    8,553

    Default

    But he doesn’t remember, and he can’t remember, and he has no memory of the them...

  11. #2666
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Saw pieces of the new issue spoilers:
    he basically reveals his past to he’s and says he doesn’t care about the rich man(Bruce),kid(Damian),babs and Alfred
    end of spoilers
    yup saw it too, been a while since damian got a mention, probably because it be too cold to deny a child you practically raised and justify it
    spoilers:
    I like the direction of this , talon is on the chess board, those newbs are gonna get injures beyond returning to the fold and bea will get hurt bad, he will have no choice but to give up the ric stick and end this nightmare
    end of spoilers Nightwing/Graysong return 2020

  12. #2667
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    It was such a tread water issue. You would think there would be more urgency given the title being at all time lows, but no. Nothing. It just repeated the same thing over and over till the offer at the end. This is why these protected good old boys just need to go. There’s no accountability, so there’s no hunger or vigor and no real drive or investment.
    I actually almost don’t want Jurgan's to bring Dick back, cause what would he be bringing him back to. A title that in now firmly in the the gutter and bottom of barrel creators who don’t actually care. It’d be better for Dick if they let this title die with Ric, and then go out and find better, hungrier, creators to start over with Dick.
    Sounds like your asking for a new number 1, which I bet we will get anyway when he rembers
    I never had an issue with pacing before its just i have no intrest in the the Ric stories

  13. #2668
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    8,553

    Default

    There was no story, he says this is my story and then just monologues how he doesn’t remember over and over for the whole issue, till Lex makes Talon his offer. There no actually story here though, or much of anything. I don’t understand. The book keeps sinking lower and lower, it’s now at its all time low, and they are still letting these old guys just tread water like this with no care. And Jurgan’s attempt at lingos like ‘sick moves’ and ‘don’t get torqued’. Just brutal. So dorky. And having random people on the street commenting how cool Ric is. Like come on.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-17-2019 at 09:03 AM.

  14. #2669
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    251

    Default

    What I always hated and where Didio truely wins in this is how this keeps getting dragged on. If you don’t care for a character, cancel the book. But no, he isn’t even granted that mercy. Everybody would remember Ric with shame now and I’m in pain thinking this is what new fans will be exposed to. It’s judt straight up immoral damage of intellectual property now.

  15. #2670

    Default

    Hey guys, so I found this picture of Dick as Nighting with what looks like a utility belt. Any idea what book/issue this is from?

    tumblr_psqonfcVyj1stv50t_540.jpg

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •