Page 179 of 295 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229279 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 4424

There is no right direction with Ric. It is all bad even if they bring Dick back because DC doesn't care. They basically have Ric as Nightwing anyway in some crappy costume and have him doing something that he said for issue after issue he didn't want to do, but he is still bitching about his past despite doing things he didn't want to do and wanted to move on from? The whole narrative direction is just ridiculous.

And I wouldn't call some shitty tie in to an event that every DC book is tying into as being part of a major event.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    There is no right direction with Ric. It is all bad even if they bring Dick back because DC doesn't care. They basically have Ric as Nightwing anyway in some crappy costume and have him doing something that he said for issue after issue he didn't want to do, but he is still bitching about his past despite doing things he didn't want to do and wanted to move on from? The whole narrative direction is just ridiculous.

And I wouldn't call some shitty tie in to an event that every DC book is tying into as being part of a major event.

RIC thing is temporary, were eventually gonna get to a moment where he is suddenly dick again, thease supporting chracters have nothing to tie them down their all expendable, now that we have seen bea sleep with rick if she aint preganant she is for sure gonna die. Talon is gonna leave him with no options, the stress will unlock Dick grayson who will have to bear the baggage for 2 people

this issue was nothing till the end but it gave us some hope and I am ready to grasp on to anything,

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    RIC thing is temporary, were eventually gonna get to a moment where he is suddenly dick again, thease supporting chracters have nothing to tie them down their all expendable, now that we have seen bea sleep with rick if she aint preganant she is for sure gonna die. Talon is gonna leave him with no options, the stress will unlock Dick grayson who will have to bear the baggage for 2 people

this issue was nothing till the end but it gave us some hope and I am ready to grasp on to anything,
    Hope for what though? What evidence do you have that anything will get better even if Ric ends and Dick comes back given how DC looks at and has treated the character?

But maybe people will be happy if he calls himself Dick again, wearing blue, and is doing the same **** he was doing before this started.

Incredible Member

Editorial is doing to us what Bane did to Batman in the current story.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Hope for what though? What evidence do you have that anything will get better even if Ric ends and Dick comes back given how DC looks at and has treated the character?

But maybe people will be happy if he calls himself Dick again, wearing blue, and is doing the same **** he was doing before this started.
    Yes we will be happy. And if we can get back to status quo while the tv show is airing he be picking up new readers rather then turning people off like it has been for the last few months

Readers aren’t just gonna come back. Die hards maybe, but general readers need more then just a return to old with boring creators. And even then it’d be an uphill battle after a year of blatant undaunted **** like this.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-17-2019 at 02:22 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Readers aren’t just gonna come back. Die hards maybe, but general readers need more then just a return to old with boring creators. And even then it’d be an uphill battle after a year of blatant undaunted **** like this.
    I think they’ll come back their just waiting for the mess to be over. Amnesia bullshit in a world of purple rays and telepaths is stupid. Bruce went through something similar 4 years ago so we can’t be fooled into thinking it’s permanent. Dick has 3 months to get himself together.

Incredible Member

This Dick Grayson thread used to be one of the busiest on these boards.
    Rick has made us all indifferent to the character, as postings have slowed down considerably.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I gave this a little thought and tend to agree.

Although I will say that if Seeley jumped back on this book with a solid artist, even if the direction was still "Ric", I'd probably pick it back up.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    Rick has made us all indifferent to the character, as postings have slowed down considerably.
    I'm not indifferent to the character, I just refuse to support this stupid story. I'll come back when DC gets their act together and gives us a Nightwing worth reading about.

But the thread has definitely slowed down. But....what is there to say? Oh, the latest issue was crap, just like all the others? The direction is still lousy? Hard to talk in an appreciation thread when the character isn't getting anything to appreciate. And the shows with Dick, Titans and YJ, were on hiatus for a while so we didn't even have that stuff to talk about.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    Titans trailer comin Batman hush this weekend

I mean it if people rally for live action nightwing, then dick Grayson will be saved

Astonishing Member

I dropped Nightwing a while back because I have to agree ... "Ric" is a stupid direction. But I do like at least the high concept of some cops and firefighters wearing old Nightwing costumes and being copycats. That story could've been great if done right.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

If anyone at DC cared, they could salvage those characters imo. They're fine as background characters, and would give good reason to get Dick out of Bludhaven (since he can leave the city to them) and good reason to bring him back for short storylines if necessary (not that I really want this, but generally you want to keep as many doors open lol). Once Dick is actually back with his memories and all, he could train them properly and prepare them. Call them the Crusaders.

Of course there's lots of Seeley, Humphries, and Percy characters and concepts worth salvaging too, not to mention even Higgins stuff that someone could rework now... but I don't see why anyone would care about any of this, and more importantly I don't see who would.

Extraordinary Member

is this jacket something commoners can buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    If anyone at DC cared, they could salvage those characters imo. They're fine as background characters, and would give good reason to get Dick out of Bludhaven (since he can leave the city to them) and good reason to bring him back for short storylines if necessary (not that I really want this, but generally you want to keep as many doors open lol). Once Dick is actually back with his memories and all, he could train them properly and prepare them. Call them the Crusaders.

Of course there's lots of Seeley, Humphries, and Percy characters and concepts worth salvaging too, not to mention even Higgins stuff that someone could rework now... but I don't see why anyone would care about any of this, and more importantly I don't see who would.
    The characters would just be a reminder of Ric. They need to move away from everything about Ric. Its all tainted.