Page 185 of 295 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235285 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 4424
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    No you were right the first time, nightwing is still a sidekick. At least in DC and WB eyes which is the core of most of nightwing's problem. DC see's nightwing as nothing more than a sidekick for batman and not his own hero.
    Supporting cast, to be exact. He's not always depicted as a sidekick in the sense that he follows his order, and in stories themselves he's most often depicted as an adult who visits or hangs out with Batman... but he is considered part of Batman's supporting cast in any media he's in because he originated and is a part of Batman family... and because he's considered a supporting cast of the Batman universe, he will be affected by Batman no matter how far he goes.

Even the fabulously emancipated Harley Quinn is never gonna shake off Joker.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Supporting cast, to be exact. He's not always depicted as a sidekick in the sense that he follows his order, and in stories themselves he's most often depicted as an adult who visits or hangs out with Batman... but he is considered part of Batman's supporting cast in any media he's in because he originated and is a part of Batman family... and because he's considered a supporting cast of the Batman universe, he will be affected by Batman no matter how far he goes.

Even the fabulously emancipated Harley Quinn is never gonna shake off Joker.
    Who isn’t a side kick when bats is around aside from the trinity

Batman, Dick is a sidekick to his own persona right now lol.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-24-2019 at 03:33 AM.

Fantastic Member

In the new52 they made Hal act like a Robin. If Batman's own generation can't cross him, i dont see the second genenation being treated better any time soon, especially the one they stated "we don't know what to do about him" on multiple occasions ever since the 70s.

Mighty Member

well, I'll see this through to the end, there's got to be light at the end of the tunnel sometime. Besides I've got a whole boatload of past Batman Robin Nightwing stuff to keep me busy till then. Dick, along with the other Batfamily members, is a great character.

Ric (Dick) mention in Batgirl #37

13.jpg

So Bea hangs out with Jason Bard, LoL of course she does.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-24-2019 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I'm more excited about the dumb execution of "Ric" being a backdoor into Nightwing spending some time as a Talon than I really ought to be.
    Yeah, I actually might tune in for this.

To be a negative Nancy, I wouldn’t get your hopes up. It’s still Jurgans who claims to be oh so interested in a Dick who doesn’t remember his life with Batman, yet seemingly incapable of actually doing anything with it.
    I don’t think Ric as a Talon will last very long, and what’s more it’s Dick as a Talon that would be intriguing. Not Ric. Lamenting about his worthless life as a sidekick to a bunch nobody wannabe and his boring puppet of a girlfriend.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-24-2019 at 08:41 AM.

We have no idea what Jurgens is thinking, and interviews hardly reflect what a writer is really thinking when they write their stories. He very well could have been pretending to be interested in "Ric" because he always planned to go the Talon route with him as part of the Year of the Villain. We're really in the dark here, since this could be a fakeout, or the next phase of the amnesia story. We know the driving force behind the book is editorial and not the writers, so it's not like he would've had to ability to magically return Dick's memories whenever he wanted. It's also possible someone at DC is pushing for the Talon direction specifically because they're afraid of how low the current direction is selling and the poor word-of-mouth around the book.

Again, we're in the dark. It's easy to speculate about what's going on behind the scenes, but we just don't know. Just wait it out, we'll see what they have planned for December in two months.

Who cares what he is thinking, we can read what he is doing. Which is a whole lot of nothing. What they have been doing with this book has been rather transparent. Regurgitating lazy ideas, with lazy good old boy creators that are experienced in the art of treading water. It’s been the same **** month after month now, so I’m not sure why anyone would think December is going to be any different. December is traditionally a tread water month even. We want them to make Dick a Talon and for someone to finally get off their lazy ass maybe do something, but just look at Jurgans last issue. That’s not the kind of stuff he’s here to do.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-24-2019 at 10:56 AM.

I wouldn’t even be excited if Jurgens brought Dick back. I want an exciting new writer, not a 90’s vet.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Who cares what he is thinking, we can read what he is doing. Which is a whole lot of nothing. What they have been doing with this book has been rather transparent. Regurgitating lazy ideas, with lazy good old boy creators that are experienced in the art of treading water. It’s been the same **** month after month now, so I’m not sure why anyone would think December is going to be any different. December is traditionally a tread water month even. We want them to make Dick a Talon and for someone to finally get off their lazy ass maybe do something, but just look at Jurgans last issue. That’s not the kind of stuff he’s here to do.
    Last issue was the set up for the upcoming story line involving the COO and Talon. I think he should be judged on his run going forward.

Ya last issue was the promoted offer, the big tie-in jumping on point, and he did nothing. He wasted 20 pages accomplishing the god damn cover. He is writing the worst selling Nightwing ever, this is his tie-in introduction issue, and he does nothing. He lays down a insultingly lazy and effortless turd of an issue that a child could write. Just like he has done nothing with Ric, giving us his ridiculously boring Burnback arc, despite claiming how interesting he thinks Ric could be. Jurgans has been no better than Lobdell, not sure why anyone should think that is all of a sudden going to change.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-24-2019 at 01:16 PM.

Incredible Member

This being the worst selling Nightwing ever is not his fault it’s DC’s. They have been dropping writers for various reasons prior to him taking over. It seems giving the solicits over the next few months he has a direction which is an interesting one. We have to give him a chance to execute it.