Page 186 of 295 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196236286 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 4424

Jurgens is producing the same crap that Lobdell and Nicieza did and saying the same things they did. He doesn't really deserve any benefit of the doubt. Him saying things like why he thinks the concept is interesting but is not being truthful at all about it. There is no value to anything he's said in any of his interviews because it is all PR speak.

And I'm sorry but the Owls aren't interesting. Talon isn't interesting. Bludhaven isn't interesting. The Nightwings aren't interesting. Bea isn't interesting. Ric isn't interesting. It is just a tie in to a line wide event and Talon is the only villain they could use because Dick's history is so irrelevant that there is nothing else they could think of. All the other big villains are off doing things for the Year of the Villain story and King's Bane story. I think if you are expecting some big story that is going to matter or have any care put into it you are setting yourself up for disappointment. The book is just treading waster until they relaunch it next year probably, but who knows when that will be. I thought that this would all be over in time for King's BIG Batman Summer event, but that didn't happen.

Everyone is talking about this issue but an Annual comes out in October that is going to show Ric finally meeting Bruce after he first got shot and no one here cares about that meeting. Shows how disinterested people are in this story as a whole. The last time they two met was when Dick got his brains blown out in Batman #55 and they wasted a full year with this awful story to have the two meet again.

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    This being the worst selling Nightwing ever is not his fault it’s DC’s. They have been dropping writers for various reasons prior to him taking over. It seems giving the solicits over the next few months he has a direction which is an interesting one. We have to give him a chance to execute it.
    The last issue was the start of him executing it, and he also already had an arc on the book. When your writing the worst selling Nightwing, you’d think one would get off their ass and do something to change that. But no, instead he continued to just blatantly tread water and lay down a lazy no effort issue. He left it to pretty much just the idea already presented to readers on the cover to carry things. What does that tell you.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-24-2019 at 01:50 PM.

This is why people purchase more old stories than new because there is a clear hierarchy that imposes Crossover after Crossover that the effects are felt in stories but mostly irrelevant to the main characters story. Dick had more freedom and story diversity when he was Robin but now everything is about how he compares to Batman or how Batman’s emotions are effected. In Star Spangled Comics Dick was Blinded, Deafened, Stranded on a Island, and more without it being caused by Batman and he bounced back and remained a detective while working with a disability. I honestly wish they would let him go on adventures while just living in Bludhaven where he is not competing with Batman but do things that feature him as a pioneer liking discovering Island like he did twice in the Golden Age when he was in high school directing movies, DJing, Training kids, working in the community. The Batman competition needs to go but I think in Comics it will never go away. Young Justice if it continues to feature Nightwing in season 4 is established in the general audience as someone who can show competence and Titans when they debut Nightwing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I wouldn’t even be excited if Jurgens brought Dick back. I want an exciting new writer, not a 90’s vet.
    Same. I loved Jurgens' work back in the day but he hasn't seemed to evolve or change as a creator since the 90's. However, I'd be perfectly fine with him writing getting Dick back on solid ground. A 90's vet writing Nightwing is better than anything we've seen with Ric.

I *want* a fresh new writer on Nightwing but I'll *accept* an older writer on Nightwing if it means we get past this Ric sh*t.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

90’s vets is all we’ve seen with Ric. Jurgens has been on the title for months now and he hasn’t improved things at all.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-24-2019 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    To be a negative Nancy, I wouldn’t get your hopes up. It’s still Jurgans who claims to be oh so interested in a Dick who doesn’t remember his life with Batman, yet seemingly incapable of actually doing anything with it.
    I don’t think Ric as a Talon will last very long, and what’s more it’s Dick as a Talon that would be intriguing. Not Ric. Lamenting about his worthless life as a sidekick to a bunch nobody wannabe and his boring puppet of a girlfriend.
    Lol. Don't get me wrong. I'm not bursting at the seems for it. But I went from faithfully buying floppies 2x a month, to catching up on trades through comixology, to not even bothering to pirate this stuff. Dick with no memory of Robin, but actually a working memory of the circus, as a Talon is at least an interesting concept. I can't say that about "I hate batman and drive a cab and wear grease on my face" Ric. So what I'm saying is... I'll pirate it, and if it doesn't suck I'll give them my money again.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    Lol. Don't get me wrong. I'm not bursting at the seems for it. But I went from faithfully buying floppies 2x a month, to catching up on trades through comixology, to not even bothering to pirate this stuff. Dick with no memory of Robin, but actually a working memory of the circus, as a Talon is at least an interesting concept. I can't say that about "I hate batman and drive a cab and wear grease on my face" Ric. So what I'm saying is... I'll pirate it, and if it doesn't suck I'll give them my money again.
    Exactly I gonna hope for the best but keep my expectations low

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    90’s vets is all we’ve seen with Ric. Abnett has been on the title for months now and he hasn’t improved things at all.
    Abnett, Jurgens, same difference.

Exactly my point.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Ha ya, big oops there. My bad. Though ya, not much of a difference LoL.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-24-2019 at 09:27 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Who isn’t a side kick when bats is around aside from the trinity
    Not even the Trinity sometimes. They made New 52 Superman younger than Batman, changed the order of title from Superman/Batman to Batman/Superman, and in American Alien made his first costume from Batman's cape and inspired to be the light of Batman's dark from Dick Grayson.

Like Barry said in Rebirth Titans Annual #1 "Batman's here. The pecking order always changes."
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 07-25-2019 at 03:10 AM.

Fantastic Member

Lighter characters act like Robins to Batman in new52 and after, and he is in his 30s. Bullshit like this don’t give the 2nd generation a chance. And Didio said “lol Dick makes Bruce old.” Lol. It’s just character hate. And everything leads to Batman now.

https://soundcloud.com/user-44237172...dell-interview

According to that podcast (starts staking about it around the 1 hour 20 min mark) we have Lobdell to blame for Ric Grayson lasting so long. Some in editorial thought the Ric thing wasn't going to last. Like maybe 3 issues and he would be fixed, but Lobdell is the one that campaigned for it to last longer according to what he said here. He apparently also hated The Grayson Agent of Spyral story.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

His reasoning is that if you’re gonna do something like blow Dick’s brain out (or paralyze Babs) it’s something that should be explored instead of being something that just gets waved away 3 issues later.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    His reasoning is that if you’re gonna do something like blow Dick’s brain out (or paralyze Babs) it’s something that should be explored instead of being something that just gets waved away 3 issues later.
    His entire argument is undercut when he just sticks the character in Bludhaven, has boring side characters, gives him an irrelevant job, and does nothing interesting with the concept. Like Bludhaven is the last place Ric Grayson would have wanted to go to if he is trying to get away from Nightwing and Dick's old life. It made no sense. Then he again stumbles over his argument when he says he disliked the Spyral series which was a very unique and different take on the character created by a dramatic change in the character's life they explored after getting his ID exposed, and is what Lobdell is saying he wanted to see more of instead of the same stories over and over.