Page 193 of 295 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203243293 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 4424

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    It's definitely seems much lighter and more focused on heroics so I think it'll be more in line with what most Dick Grayson fans are looking for.

I'm curious about this too, because I really can't recall anything. Not even sure if they interacted during Batman: Prodigal.
    As a Titans fan there wasn't anything I was looking for in season 1.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member

I can't believe we are gonna have our live night wing in 10 weeks,
    we didnt get a glimps of him in the new trailer so he must be showstopper

Can't wait to see photos and hear reviews. I'm not subbing DCU and won't until YJ is finished.....but live action Nightwing is most definitely something I'm down with, even if I have little interest in the show itself.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Nightwing just made its Wrestling debut.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1160701422478024711
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-11-2019 at 05:31 PM.

I thought Titans S1 was solid. My only real complaint is that it felt like only half a season.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I thought Titans S1 was solid. My only real complaint is that it felt like only half a season.
    I hear good things, and when I eventually sub to DCU for YJ I'll give the show a shot. It's just not something I have a lot of interest in. I wouldn't get the sub just for Titans, yknow? But I would get the sub for Nightwing's debut even if YJ wasn't in the mix.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

It wasn't perfect, but I love it and considering I have several family members who are fans (like seriously, it's incredible to have cousins who are now big fans of Dick Grayson for Dick Grayson and not just vaguely liking "Robin" from the 2003 Teen Titans series), I definitely think it's worth watching... but what you just said, I have to agree. They kinda shot themselves in the foot by robbing us of any closure for the season and delaying the original finale so it could be repurposed into the new season premiere. Definitely glad the show starts up super soon in September instead of making us wait until October or later.

The writing and editing were dreadful. The barn/farm training scene was easily the worst example of the editing issues. Go rewatch that scene. The terrible color correction and blue filter they always used. Dick's cop partner that literally went nowhere, the whole Trigon twist that ruins any semblance of "story", (if she was in on it why did she give Raven away in the first place?) exploding the lab presumably murdering all those people while getting rid of the Robin suit which undercuts the whole idea of Dick getting away of the darkness that he feels Bruce passed onto him, etc.

The most telling moment to me was when Dick and Raven were at the motel by themselves very earlier on. There is some decent dialogue between the two while Raven watches GoT. The scene she's watching is on very prominently and it's when Arya is traveling with the Hound, basically Titans (the show) is saying hey remember this well written duo that everyone loves with the gruff older guy who needs to learn to be decent again and the young girl who is a badass that needs to guidance and protection, well we are doing that too so just think of those well written characters and pretend these characters are like those characters. It's fine to reference or homage something with a similar situation or character dynamic but it was so in your face about it. That's how the whole first season feels, very in your face. The story, the editing, the violence. The show only felt like it would slow down and actually do things with the characters in the guest star episodes. Doom Patrol we actually get some stuff with Beast Boy. Jason Todd we get to see how Dick reacts to another Robin. Donna we get to see another side of Dick's character. Hawk & Dove was a full on origin for them which had nothing to do with the main plot like the others but it was engaging and entertaining.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Nightwing just made its Wrestling debut.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1160701422478024711
    This is incredible. Nightwing is trending on Twitter thanks to this lmao.

Incredible Member

Tbh if Dick even comes back....is there really anything left for him to do? He has his 2 love interests that no one will budge from. He was already Batman. He's had good solo runs with Higgins, King/Seeley this decade. What more can be said about this character? I'm not trying to insult the character, I grew up with Robin and as an adult, Dick became my fav char.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Tbh if Dick even comes back....is there really anything left for him to do? He has his 2 love interests that no one will budge from. He was already Batman. He's had good solo runs with Higgins, King/Seeley this decade. What more can be said about this character? I'm not trying to insult the character, I grew up with Robin and as an adult, Dick became my fav char.
    Good question. He needs a writer that can introduce new ideas or reframe old ideas in a new way but still respecting the character history. Not randomly make him amnesia and call it good just because it's different. I'm not a writer so the only thing I can suggest is what I suggested before, bring back Haly's Circus because in my limited mind at least I want to have a more colorful supporting cast and an anchor for his identity.

Of course there's still everything to do.

Like always it just depends on who DC puts on the book and if the ideas are good. Maybe after Year of the Villain is over (or during, IDK) there will be a shift or new ideas that someone will want to do. I really just think DC is just killing time waiting for Doomsday Clock and whatever after effects come from that (reboot, relaunch, re-whatever) to set characters like Dick back up with a more traditional status quo.

It’s almost if they’re in the business of creation.

It will just be more forgettable Bludhaven stories once Dick comes back. They are just going to have him go by Dick again, put him back in his blue Nightwing suit, and then just keep him in Bludhaven doing basically what he is doing now. DC has shown a complete lack of interest or care in giving Dick a direction and I don't expect that to change post Year of the Villain or Doomsday Clock.

But that is because that is what they want to do, not because that is all they can do. And please no one say “well it’s all the fans want, look at Grayson”. I think it’s very clear with Ric that fans don’t have jack influence when it comes to this character and what they do.

It’s a current DC problem that that is their vision with the character, and that they listen to bottom of the charts, ideas go nowhere, old guys. Who don’t actually plan things out or have any real investment on the character, and whats more even have rather questionable reputations. That’s just bad leadership. And while they might be able to get away with that on Nightwing, as he is a under the radar character, that is still the result of a bigger personnel problem and not a character problem.

Dick should actually give them more flexibility to experiment. He’s not Batman so he doesn’t carry the same expectations, but at the same time in today’s market its not easy for a book to make it into the 60s. And his current series has been mediocre to flat out bad longer then it has been good now. With 90% of their other characters they would cream for that. They can try new creators, try different things, and not have sales never take off or instantly fall though the floor. But instead what they are choosing to do is rest of their laurels and use that affordability to feed in-house, bottom of the charts, guys that they just seem to like to have around. Which is a reflection on the leadership behind the character, and isn’t really on the character or his readers.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-12-2019 at 06:37 AM.