Page 199 of 295 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209249 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,985 of 4424

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I feel like I've heard that before. Different Bat character, different Bat villain.

Godlike13, it's gonna sell anyway because it's a landmark issue. People say they're angry about Ric yet the sale on that issue doubled the usual. Now they're getting something that interests them.
    You're sure #62 doubled the usual sale? 'Cause I've seen on Comichron that the issue sold only 15859, and that's the lowest point in Nightwing history.
    Care to tell us what's your source?

Well, 15k + 9k.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-21-2019 at 03:39 PM.

Oh, sorry, I forgot to check the card stock sales. But all the issue with card stock got bumped, so it doesn't mean nothing, imho.
    I gave a look at issue #63: boring as usual, looks like Talon Is the true hero around, the only one who can save us from Nightwing's wannabies.

I know people are taking pot-shots at Jurgens for the current arc, but I have to wonder if its not editorial making him follow plot points for this. He's not the first to come on since the "Ric" thing.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L.H. View Post
    You're sure #62 doubled the usual sale? 'Cause I've seen on Comichron that the issue sold only 15859, and that's the lowest point in Nightwing history.
    Care to tell us what's your source?
    I was talking about #50, Ric's first issue and turning point (saw it in Comichron) and when I said Year of The Villain event I meant in context that people want to see Dick becoming a Talon, so it's the issue where Dick actually becomes Talon, as in... November?
    People who're not reading will only look at the cover and announcement so that's the issue they'll pay attention, not the lead-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I know people are taking pot-shots at Jurgens for the current arc, but I have to wonder if its not editorial making him follow plot points for this. He's not the first to come on since the "Ric" thing.
    There needs to be a plot for there to be plot points. At what point does editorial not become the go to excuse for crappy uninspired writing. Editorial was the go to defense for Lobdell's lazy tone def trash too, even though as we have learned he campaigned to editorial to extend Ric. The only thing Jurgens run has had going for it is this Talon thing, which probably did come for Editorial. Right from Snyder's Last Knight even if i were to guess. Which at this point cool, cause these old dudes sure as hell weren't doing anything. Save for the same boring recap over and over, for like 12 issues strait now...

I was talking about #50, Ric's first issue and turning point (saw it in Comichron) and when I said Year of The Villain event I meant in context that people want to see Dick becoming a Talon, so it's the issue where Dick actually becomes Talon, as in... November?
    People who're not reading will only look at the cover and announcement so that's the issue they'll pay attention, not the lead-up.
    Nightwing #50 saw a whopping increase of 3,975 over the issue before. This stuff i usually ordered pretty blind by shops, and the Year of The Villain orders will probably decrease from July's.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-21-2019 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    There needs to be a plot for there to be plot points. At what point does editorial not become the be excuse for crappy uninspired writing. Editorial was the go to defense for Lobdell's lazy tone def trash too, even though as we have learned he campaigned to editorial to extend Ric.

Nightwing #50 saw a whopping increase of 3,975 over the issue before. This stuff i usually ordered pretty blind by shops, and the Year of The Villain orders will decrease from July's.
    That's weird. I remember it was 50K because I also remember being annoyed that comic readers being predictable as usual and buy events they're protesting.

Nope, didn't even crack 30k.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-21-2019 at 06:09 PM.

I really enjoyed talon stomping one of the 'nightwings'

Extraordinary Member

With Spider-Man on ice now the time for dc to get that nightwing movie running

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    With Spider-Man on ice now the time for dc to get that nightwing movie running
    WB is not going to release a nightwing movie with a new batman trilogy on the way, they'd be to similar.

I was just on reddit and came across this thread about this guy is a dick grayson fan and loves him as Robin a d agent 37 but not nightwing. As he feel dick as nightwing has been lackluster.

Which got me thinking that one of nightwing biggest problems is the fact that nightwing doesn't have a PROPOSE! What I mean be that is dick as Robin was to be batman's partner/sidekick, as batman the lead/main of the batfamily/ ip, and as agent 37 he was dc's lead/ main spy character.

But as nightwing he's what? happy batman. What do you guys feel is dick as nightwing propose as an Ip/ concept?

Nope, didn't even crack 30k.
    Ah. I'm kinda glad actually. Coz that means it's not as bad as I thought. There's bound to be curiosity on what happens but it doesn't make people just blindly buy it in droves.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    I was just on reddit and came across this thread about this guy is a dick grayson fan and loves him as Robin a d agent 37 but not nightwing. As he feel dick as nightwing has been lackluster.

Which got me thinking that one of nightwing biggest problems is the fact that nightwing doesn't have a PROPOSE! What I mean be that is dick as Robin was to be batman's partner/sidekick, as batman the lead/main of the batfamily/ ip, and as agent 37 he was dc's lead/ main spy character.

But as nightwing he's what? happy batman. What do you guys feel is dick as nightwing propose as an Ip/ concept?
    Nightwing did propose. First to Kori and then Barbara.

Sorry, can't help it.

Nightwing's purpose is to grow up. A symbol of a sidekick growing up. An identity of someone trying to get out of the shadow of the bat.

That's pretty much it, from what I gathered, because they always go back to "try to get out of Batman shadow" in pretty much every arc, when he's Batman, when he's acting as a Titans leader, or when he's leading the Bat-family in Bruce's absence. It's the most recurring theme.

When they start a new arc, be it himself, other people, or a villain, someone's gonna make a comparison about him and Batman, how they're similar and how they're dissimilar, and there's an arc of gaining or regaining independence, proving that Dick can be himself, that he doesn't have to be like his mentor and be effective.

It's a repeating story for a young adult getting out of their parent's house and be independent.

Of course, there are other story elements in Nightwing, but that is the one that stands out to me the most, the one that gets repeated a lot.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 08-22-2019 at 07:05 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Ah. I'm kinda glad actually. Coz that means it's not as bad as I thought. There's bound to be curiosity on what happens but it doesn't make people just blindly buy it in droves.

Nightwing did propose. First to Kori and then Barbara.

Sorry, can't help it.

Nightwing's purpose is to grow up. A symbol of a sidekick growing up. An identity of someone trying to get out of the shadow of the bat.

That's pretty much it, from what I gathered, because they always go back to "try to get out of Batman shadow" in pretty much every arc, when he's Batman, when he's acting as a Titans leader, or when he's leading the Bat-family in Bruce's absence. It's the most recurring theme.

When they start a new arc, be it himself, other people, or a villain, someone's gonna make a comparison about him and Batman, how they're similar and how they're dissimilar, and there's an arc of gaining or regaining independence, proving that Dick can be himself, that he doesn't have to be like his mentor and be effective.

It's a repeating story for a young adult getting out of their parent's house and be independent.

Of course, there are other story elements in Nightwing, but that is the one that stands out to me the most, the one that gets repeated a lot.
    Funny how Nightwing and others dont have this issue in young justice, they all are fine living their lives, they are grown up their no question about it. Its only an issue in comics because time cannot move normally because non meta humans would age and life move forward.

There needs to be a plot for there to be plot points. At what point does editorial not become the go to excuse for crappy uninspired writing. Editorial was the go to defense for Lobdell's lazy tone def trash too, even though as we have learned he campaigned to editorial to extend Ric. The only thing Jurgens run has had going for it is this Talon thing, which probably did come for Editorial. Right from Snyder's Last Knight even if i were to guess. Which at this point cool, cause these old dudes sure as hell weren't doing anything. Save for the same boring recap over and over, for like 12 issues strait now...
    Source for this Lobdell tidbit?

And if I had to guess, yeah, it should be editorial latching onto Snyder's stories so that they can do something with Ric until it's time to end it. Too bad we don't know when that will be.