Page 204 of 295 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214254 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 4424

I don't think it would be that out of character for him to become Batman if Bruce dies or disappears. He is mature enough to take over the identity if he feels it is needed for Gotham. It depends how much of a timeskip they will want to do in the future. Damian is still just a baby, so they would need to jump forward 10 years if they want to do a version of Dick and Damian as Batman and Robin. Which would age up their whole cast into their 20s now. That would be a bit tough to pull off I think. So there are some things like that making it difficult.

I always thought it would be more likely to happen if there was a glimpse into the future like with the world controlled by Darkseid and Dick would be Batman there leading what is left of some resistance. Like instead of Wally being dead he got sent to that future and runs into Dick as Batman. I can envision something like that happening more than it happening in the normal timeline, but they want to keep Wally as being dead so that whole scenario seems unlikely too.

Fantastic Member

Hi guys! I love Nightwing and have bought the books up until Seeley's departure. After it, started the whole Ric fiasco which I despise and really hope for the character to return to his better days.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Thinking about Young Justice Nightwing and the nature of the show revolving around the evolution of the characters. What do you guys think is the likelihood that we end up with DickBats? Would you guys enjoy seeing that onscreen or would you prefer the show work to establish the independence of the Nightwing identity?
    I can see it happening. A lot of Dick's best stories in recent years were during his time as Batman, so I can see Weisman thinking "what're people bitching about? These are your favorite Dick stories I'm pulling from!?" And Batman being such a huge IP, I can see the corporate appeal of elevating a core cast member to the cowl (like they did with Kaldur). And it provides a lot of narrative soil because this *isnt* something Dick wants but could feel honor-bound to do, which is a great character arc and an interesting way to tie his story back around to season 1.

But I dont want it to happen. I dont mind Dick stepping into the role temporarily, just to give Bruce a hand. But long-term its not where I think his character should go. Nightwing as a brand can stand on its own two feet (with a little TLC anyway) and that is infinitely more appealing than Dick wearing someone else's clothes that don't even truly fit right. He's competent enough to get the job done but I think he's a poor fit for the "Batman" role. It's just not what or who he is. And I'd rather see another IP rise up in popularity (and YJ can help do that for Nightwing) than see one that's already bloated eat everything in reach.

But I wont be at all surprised if Weisman does it, and if he does it'll probably be well done and we'll have nothing to really complain about beyond "this isn't the direction I'd have liked but it's still good."
    Last edited by Ascended; 09-01-2019 at 07:04 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by L.H. View Post
    Dick becoming Batman in YJ is just wrong, imho. He doesn't want to, and he doesn't need. Nightwing called the meeting (and everybody answered) he suggested Black Lightning as the new leader (and everybody agreed). He is himself, and much more trusted and followed than Batman. Onestly, making him Batman will be a step back.
    I don't think it's wrong and I think it'll happen but not permanently.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I don't think it's wrong and I think it'll happen but not permanently.
    I don’t see how Dick Grayson becoming Batman is a bad thing either temporarily or permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    I don’t see how Dick Grayson becoming Batman is a bad thing either temporarily or permanently.
    Making Nightwing an in-between of Robin and Batman completely changes the meaning behind it. Instead of being an evolution of Dick into his own man equal to Batman. It becomes a stepping stone lesser than both Batman and Robin, cementing Nightwing as the pointless Robin-lite that Didio sees him as.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Making Nightwing an in-between of Robin and Batman completely changes the meaning behind it. Instead of being an evolution of Dick into his own man equal to Batman. It becomes a stepping stone lesser than both Batman and Robin, cementing Nightwing as the pointless Robin-lite that Didio sees him as.
    As much as i loved his Batman run, there is truth to this.

Astonishing Member

This is true.

The problem is many people in DC see Nightwing exactly like this stepping stone.

The question is how Weissman see Nightwing identity, because that would affect the story.

That said, it is pretty difficult Young Justice can really rise the popularity of Nightwing. The show isn't so popular.
    Last edited by Konja7; 09-02-2019 at 09:46 AM.

It was popular enough to come back from cancellation and help launch DC's streaming service
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.

I think that depends on the circumstances of the transition. If it's Dick saying "finally I get to be Batman" then I would agree. But if Dick is doing it out a responsibility that he feels he needs to do then I don't. Dick knows how important the legend of the Batman is and would do what any hero does, sacrifice their own happiness/choice for the greater good.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Anyone saw if Talon Ric Grayson or William Cobb is in Lex's Legion lineup? Jason's in since he's training his next-gen Legion...

There was a weird Owl creature. Dick, or Ric, seems MIA. No one want to go anywhere near the Nightwing teams lazy gutter trash. It’s an embarrassment to the industry.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-02-2019 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    There was a weird Owl creature. Dick, or Ric, seems MIA.
    Hopefully it is him.

Like he’s gonna be running around is a big, laughable, mascot like Owl head. I mean I guess I could see the current people behind the character thinking that would be cool or something. They are an awful idea factory.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

That's fine. I just want a sign if he's gonna stay Talon long or even if he actually becomes a Talon or not.