Page 205 of 295 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215255 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 4424

As usual I don’t think they know what they are doing, and probably are just making it up as they go day to day. Hell they are probably waiting for someone like Scott Lobdell to come and tell them what they should do, lol. As thats how things seem to operate with the character.

In all seriousness though, I wouldn’t expect them to have some in-depth or thought out plan with him as a Talon. They never have that with anything they do with this character
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-02-2019 at 02:37 PM.

The Talon story will suck, but they CANNOT go back to Ric after it, so I'm hoping it accelerates the end of this torture and we move on to Nightwing with no mention of either Ric or the Court.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I think that depends on the circumstances of the transition. If it's Dick saying "finally I get to be Batman" then I would agree. But if Dick is doing it out a responsibility that he feels he needs to do then I don't. Dick knows how important the legend of the Batman is and would do what any hero does, sacrifice their own happiness/choice for the greater good.
    What about responsibility to his own city? The folks in Bludhaven aren't any less important than Gothamites. Dick's 1st responsibility should be to the people of his city but writers and fans don't seem to consider that. Curious would you expect Green Arrow to cover for Batman because he knows how important the legend of Batman is?

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    What about responsibility to his own city? The folks in Bludhaven aren't any less important than Gothamites. Dick's 1st responsibility should be to the people of his city but writers and fans don't seem to consider that. Curious would you expect Green Arrow to cover for Batman because he knows how important the legend of Batman is?
    I forgot, does Dick have a claim on Blüdhaven in YJ? I dont remember him claiming it as his city there, he is wherever he is needed the most, isnt he?

Which is probably how it should be in comics. Obviously he will be living in A city and the hometown may feature in more stories as a result of being where he is based at, but the "Protector of City X" thing can be rather limiting, esp when done the obsessed "MY CITY" way... As for Gotham. He has a special connection to it as it is the place he called home for a long while and where he grew up in and whose streets he daily patrolled and put a lot of work into keeping that city safe. So in a situation where Batman is missing and Gotham's psychopaths are having a field day (so much more urgency and danger than a usual day in Blüdhaven), I can see Dick being back in Gotham doing everything in his power to bring some order back and keep the city safe, including doning the Batman costume if he believes it is needed... It would be understood that is a temp gig, and he EXPECTS Bruce to come back soon enough. Next time he believes Bruce to be really dead, though, I think even if he relocates to Gotham, he should be out on the streets as Nightwing. Because there is a huge difference between him doing Bruce a favor and reluctantly doing something he is not fond of till Bruce is back in action vs him, thinking Bruce is dead-dead & deciding to act like someone else for the rest of his life

or Bruce stops being batman because ric grayson is here. I get it, people look at nightwing as just another Robin.
    Last edited by WonderNight; 09-02-2019 at 04:26 PM.

YJ Blüdhaven is a suburb of Gotham, but the point is well taken. If Nightwing is a well established identity, a leader of the League, and a central figure of the superhero community, his absence should be just as great as Batman's.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.

I'm probably Bludhaven's biggest defender/fan, I would say it's okay for Dick to leave. Leaving and not having some sort of protection in his absence are two different things. Batgirl (I think Steph) and Robin (Tim) would pop in over there from time to time during the early 2000s if I'm remembering correctly. I could see Dick using Bludhaven as a training/proving ground for young heroes like them. There's tons of possibilities with an idea like this.

Also that GA is a false equivalent and you know it. Dick has an attachment to Gotham, so it's not improbable for him to come back and set up shop there again. (Which he has multiple times. )
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Apparently Superman can leave Metropolis for a unforeseen amount of time. So im not sure if responsibility to a city is as big a deal in the YJ universe.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    YJ Blüdhaven is a suburb of Gotham, but the point is well taken. If Nightwing is a well established identity, a leader of the League, and a central figure of the superhero community, his absence should be just as great as Batman's.
    Is Nightwing a well established ID in YJ (among the public, not the capes)?

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Is Nightwing a well established ID in YJ (among the public, not the capes)?
    The point is that it should be. In time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Batman is a public figure in the YJ universe because of his involvement with the JL. Nightwing in that universe isn't that public of a figure and mainly acts behind the scenes, so his loss wouldn't really be felt that much by the general public.

Nightwing isn't going to join the JL in the YJ universe for the same reason he doesn't in the comics. They think it will be redundant for him and Bruce to both be on the same team. So He would only step into a more public role if Batman is removed.
    Last edited by Badou; 09-02-2019 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I'm probably Bludhaven's biggest defender/fan, I would say it's okay for Dick to leave. Leaving and not having some sort of protection in his absence are two different things. Batgirl (I think Steph) and Robin (Tim) would pop in over there from time to time during the early 2000s if I'm remembering correctly. I could see Dick using Bludhaven as a training/proving ground for young heroes like them. There's tons of possibilities with an idea like this.

Also that GA is a false equivalent and you know it. Dick has an attachment to Gotham, so it's not improbable for him to come back and set up shop there again. (Which he has multiple times. )
    I used GA because he was a non meta hero just like Nightwing. { a meta hero could cover two cities making it an unfair comparison}

Having an attachment to the city isn't necessary like you said sacrifice their own happiness/choice for the greater good is what any hero does and they all know how important the legend of Batman is.

Since it isn't technically his responsibility on the show at the moment then yeah Nightwing can cover Gotham as Nightwing [no need to put on the cowl] or we Robin and his "Angels" cover for Bats and Nightwing can do his thing

I used GA because he was a non meta hero just like Nightwing. { a meta hero could cover two cities making it an unfair comparison}

Having an attachment to the city isn't necessary like you said sacrifice their own happiness/choice for the greater good is what any hero does and they all know how important the legend of Batman is.

Since it isn't technically his responsibility on the show at the moment then yeah Nightwing can cover Gotham as Nightwing [no need to put on the cowl] or we Robin and his "Angels" cover for Bats and Nightwing can do his thing
    I know what I said. That's why I said it isn't improbable for him to come back.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Apparently Superman can leave Metropolis for a unforeseen amount of time. So im not sure if responsibility to a city is as big a deal in the YJ universe.
    Although Steel has been established so I don't think Metropolis is completely unprotected. We also have the Batfamily for Gotham.

Coast City is pretty much screwed though .
    Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Nightwing isn't going to join the JL in the YJ universe for the same reason he doesn't in the comics. They think it will be redundant for him and Bruce to both be on the same team. So He would only step into a more public role if Batman is removed.
    That and members of The Team stay on the Team because they feel like they can contribute more there. Like how Conner and M'Gann stuck with them for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Batman is a public figure in the YJ universe because of his involvement with the JL. Nightwing in that universe isn't that public of a figure and mainly acts behind the scenes, so his loss wouldn't really be felt that much by the general public.

yeah I know nightwing won't join the league. But I find it funny how shows can have batman, batwoman and huntress or nightwing, batgirl and Robin or superman and supergirl or hackman and hawk girl or 3 green lanterns all on the same team at the same time but only when it's batman and nightwing is it now redundant. Funny