Page 214 of 295 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224264 ... LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 4424

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    I know people hate it but I'm still buyying it for Talon Ric. I really want him to kill, Punisher-style. Dick won't kill. But Ric might shove that kunai to some criminal's eye hole. There is some novelty there. Turn Ric into what Dick could never be.
    Except I read this comic for Dick not whoever this Ric character is supposed to be. Amnesic stories are a waste of time because it's basically a different character.

It is not new territory when it has done before, it is not developing the character when the character doesn't exist anymore.

A bad writer, mediocre plot and the character irrevocably insolated.
    Last edited by Rakiduam; 09-13-2019 at 09:35 PM.

The problem is that they didn't do this thinking Ric becoming Talon was an interesting set up for a story or something well planned out. It was all in service of this dumb Year of the Villain event. They looked at the series and lazily figured out that making him Talon and accepting his "Gray Son destiny" was a way to extend the life of the awful Ric story and tie into the current DC event. There is no real creativity here and Ric won't do anything actually unique or interesting, like killing those fake Nightwing eyesores. It will be the most generic and lazy story like all of Ric has been. Even Godlike brought up a great point. Why are the Owls even bothering "cleaning up Bludhaven"? They only care about Gotham. It makes zero sense for them to give a **** about anything Bludhaven related. Just no actual thought has been put into any of this.

Also we can add Alfred dying to the list of major events to happen while Dick was running around as Ric pissing away his time just like Roy dying, Damian having to watch Alfred die, Wally killing people and becoming suicidal, Donna turning into Deathbringer, and Gotham falling into complete chaos. Although none of this will be brought up when Dick actually regains his memories. No actual reflection at how he completely failed those closest to him and failed to be there when they needed him while doing this Ric garbage. No real growth or acceptance at how everything he did as Ric was a mistake. At most we will get a page or two of Dick being sad about Alfred and then it will probably be right back to more forgettable Bludhaven stories.

Brenton about Dick Grayson in Titans show.

Hey, at least he is Nightwing in the Titans TV series.
    You can KINDA see the blue logo in this instagram stories by Minka Kelly.

https://twitter.com/DCUTitansBR/stat...98595491024896

Extraordinary Member

It’s finally happening
    Now we just have to hope this show can hold in for a third season
    I think the shift to HBOmax might be inevitable

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can't make up my mind whether a Talon is more ideal then Ric...
    It is because it's doing something different.

That's it though

Btw how are the sales? Getting lower than 22K yet?
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 09-14-2019 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Hey, at least he is Nightwing in the Titans TV series.
    You can KINDA see the blue logo in this instagram stories by Minka Kelly.

https://twitter.com/DCUTitansBR/stat...98595491024896

Can't wait to see the suit .
    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    It is because it's doing something different.
    It's at a point where anything seems more ideal then Ric.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    The problem is that they didn't do this thinking Ric becoming Talon was an interesting set up for a story or something well planned out. It was all in service of this dumb Year of the Villain event. They looked at the series and lazily figured out that making him Talon and accepting his "Gray Son destiny" was a way to extend the life of the awful Ric story and tie into the current DC event. There is no real creativity here and Ric won't do anything actually unique or interesting, like killing those fake Nightwing eyesores. It will be the most generic and lazy story like all of Ric has been. Even Godlike brought up a great point. Why are the Owls even bothering "cleaning up Bludhaven"? They only care about Gotham. It makes zero sense for them to give a **** about anything Bludhaven related. Just no actual thought has been put into any of this.

Also we can add Alfred dying to the list of major events to happen while Dick was running around as Ric pissing away his time just like Roy dying, Damian having to watch Alfred die, Wally killing people and becoming suicidal, Donna turning into Deathbringer, and Gotham falling into complete chaos. Although none of this will be brought up when Dick actually regains his memories. No actual reflection at how he completely failed those closest to him and failed to be there when they needed him while doing this Ric garbage. No real growth or acceptance at how everything he did as Ric was a mistake. At most we will get a page or two of Dick being sad about Alfred and then it will probably be right back to more forgettable Bludhaven stories.
    It's like they are avoiding any and all good story opportunities, then just going for what's convenient.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post

Also add to the fact that Bruce (and Carter Hall) was directly responsible for the universe nearly ending in Metal, which basically led into the universe being danger again in No Justice, the multiverse being in danger during all this Doom War and Year of the Villain stuff, and all the ways that trickles down in Year of the Villain and Hell Arisen, i.e. William Cobb coming after Bludhaven to get Ric because of it.

Dick is going to come back to all of this and have nothing to say about it because that's just how lame DC is.

Anyways, I'll still take Ric as Talon over Ric as... Ric. None of it is good, especially when they've flopped on even giving him an interesting design as a Talon. With Year of the Villain and the Doom War leading into next year, and Hell Arisen going until March at least, it's looking like we'll have this Talon story going into Dick's 80th Anniversary and that's just... sad, really.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    So I've jumped into Batman and Red Hood reading, figured I should add Nightwing to the mix as well!! Are the New 52 paperbacks worth starting with? Or just start with Rebirth?
    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    With Donna's reveal in the solicits DC seems determined to put Dick and his generation through the ringer. Which makes no sense to me especially in Dick's case with how many outside media projects he's currently headlining or featured in.

I mean I know Didio has a hate boner but he can't get rid of Dick when he's prominent and popular with the greater audience.
    They can't kill him, the most they can do it make him rot

Its more likely as a villiain batgirl and bruce will go after him and thus Dick can return

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    I like everything about this except the Burnside costume.

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    Aw, how sweet.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post

Btw how are the sales? Getting lower than 22K yet?
    Not yet. 22,711 for August according to ICv2.

So much for YotV or Talon improving things. How many more issue will Jurgans continue to do just as much of what the covers already tell us. Maybe when Nightwing gets as low as his other books they’ll start to realize that they might want to start kicking things into gear here.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-16-2019 at 01:18 PM.