Page 223 of 295 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233273 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 4424

I'm pretty sure if Dick was around, he would've filled the role Tim did. He'd speak for the family during the Fall and the Fallen, then get punched in the face. Then he'd be the voice of caution against Damian in City of Bane.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I'm pretty sure if Dick was around, he would've filled the role Tim did. He'd speak for the family during the Fall and the Fallen, then get punched in the face. Then he'd be the voice of caution against Damian in City of Bane.
    I think it's still gonna be Tim. It doesn't make much sense if he punch him after all that rampage against KGBeast, and it's gonna lessen the impact and meaning of that revenge story.

The City of Bane part, yes.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 09-22-2019 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Venting is the true purpose of this thread
    Better that it happens here.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    King didn't prepare anything for after he shot Dick. He only said that he told editorial that he was going to shoot Dick regardless if they cared or not and what they did afterwards with Dick was up to them. King had no involvement in it. He told them if they didn't want to deal with it then they could just have Zatanna fix Dick in Nightwing with a spell, or they could follow up on it. King didn't care since whatever they did it would have zero effect on King's own plans in Batman.

Also the idea with Tim taking over as Nightwing was never an actual pitch made by King. It was just something he said would be interesting in a podcast, but it was never something he actually planned out or told editorial about. The only thing that we had evidence of was that Percy planned on giving Dick vertigo and was going to continue his Dark Web story before all that got scrapped. My guess is it got scrapped because they needed Dick out of the way for King's Batman story and just giving him vertigo wasn't enough, so they upped it to amnesia as a way to write him out of all the Batman books while King's story was going on.
    Imagine how cool it could've been if Zatanna fixed Dick and they went off on some cool adventures for awhile instead of Ric happening.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Imagine how cool it could've been if Zatanna fixed Dick and they went off on some cool adventures for awhile instead of Ric happening.
    I'd have gone for that. Heck, they could have said a flaw/side-effect/interference with the restorative spell was that Dick only gets his memories back when he's off Earth. So D and Zee and maybe some other folks go off on trippy adventures in the Multiverse, and Nightwing is out of the way for the Batman stuff.

Or not.

They could have even brought Raptor back instead of rehashing the Owls again. Or could have Ric ome across characters he alredy affectef as Nightwing like Guppy.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    I noticed this about the show, it's one of the few places we actually get to see Dick respected as a fighter (since we rarely see Dick do much fighting on screen in YJO). Last time I felt that was Nightwing #24 of Seeley's run.
    Agreed. I was so afraid they would use Dick to showcase how awesome Rose is and instead he keeps showing that he has more experience than any of the young ones. That's how it should be.

Extraordinary Member

If Nightwing is in sight I think i can survive esp with the way Dick grayson is shaping up in TITANS

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    They could have even brought Raptor back instead of rehashing the Owls again. Or could have Ric ome across characters he alredy affectef as Nightwing like Guppy.

Agreed. I was so afraid they would use Dick to showcase how awesome Rose is and instead he keeps showing that he has more experience than any of the young ones. That's how it should be.
    Dick training rose has always been in canon

All-New Member

I think its commendable that Tynion is bringing Dick back in Batman since it was that book that messed him up in general. Ideally, id like for one of the two things to happen:

1. A Crossover between both Batman and Nightwing, primarily at the end of The Talon arc? (They legit DO have a Year of the Villain cover showing Cowl beating the hell outta Bats, Barb, and Damien).

2. Fix Nightwing in Batman as planned, let the Talon arc finish up and time skip to deal with him getting his memories back and finally finishing up the Dark Web arc...cuz it DIDN'T end.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Dick training rose has always been in canon

That page literally shows Rose trumping the more experienced Dick. He's in the transition phase to Nightwing in this flashback, just as he is in the Titans show. Yet on the show, Dick beats Rose at every turn because of course the guy who's been Robin for at least 10 years would beat the kid who hasn't even worn a superhero (or villain) costume yet. Just like Jason has nothing on Dick even though Jason is also shown to be one of the most capable teen fighters around (and probably on the whole planet because of course the current Robin is). The best thing about the show is that the characters are never diminished, their skills are both tremendous and realistic for their characters. This is almost never the case in comics now, especially for Dick and the Titans.

The show protects it's lead. Something DC's comic division has no interest in affording it's Dick.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    That page literally shows Rose trumping the more experienced Dick. He's in the transition phase to Nightwing in this flashback, just as he is in the Titans show. Yet on the show, Dick beats Rose at every turn because of course the guy who's been Robin for at least 10 years would beat the kid who hasn't even worn a superhero (or villain) costume yet. Just like Jason has nothing on Dick even though Jason is also shown to be one of the most capable teen fighters around (and probably on the whole planet because of course the current Robin is). The best thing about the show is that the characters are never diminished, their skills are both tremendous and realistic for their characters. This is almost never the case in comics now, especially for Dick and the Titans.
    Even in the original that happened
    Girl had super power and a crush

Mighty Member

More Tim fans are converting to the Church of Grayson. Just saw a Best Robin poll with Dick getting 85+% vote. Tim was only in the single digits which is far from his past 10-30% range. Dick is getting more popular. Feels amazing man.

Also comics Dick is a jobber like Superman, Martian Manhunter and Juggernaut. Writers use them to show other characters are strong. Dick is abused in this trope, like Superman, because they are kind and diplomatic heroes who don't have the maturity of a manchild (looks at Batman).

Mighty Member

Comic fans and complains about jobbing. Some things are eternal.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    More Tim fans are converting to the Church of Grayson. Just saw a Best Robin poll with Dick getting 85+% vote. Tim was only in the single digits which is far from his past 10-30% range. Dick is getting more popular. Feels amazing man.

Also comics Dick is a jobber like Superman, Martian Manhunter and Juggernaut. Writers use them to show other characters are strong. Dick is abused in this trope, like Superman, because they are kind and diplomatic heroes who don't have the maturity of a manchild (looks at Batman).
    He has a rep of being one of the best fighters in the Dc so to show that someone else tough you let them knock dick out