Page 231 of 295 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235241281 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 4424
    Mighty Member

Dick leads two of DCU's most popular shows but we are still getting Ric after a year? Shows how inept the comics division is. Even TTG used Robin more effectively. Dick Grayson is everywhere these days except in his own comics.

Fantastic Member

Fact is ever since the 70s, DC the company had never had Dick's back.

I mean the only time I think since the New 52 where it felt like DC had something BIG planned for the character was in Forever Evil. I remember all the discussions back then for it. Everyone thought DC was going to finally use the character on a bigger scale again. Dick was finally going to be involved in the DCU in a big JL event written by Johns. The opening issue even had Dick's ID being exposed to the world and surely this would be a big DCU issue going forward, right? Owlman even had some special interest in Dick that would be important too we thought.

But it was all nothing. Johns was a complete disappointment and seemed to have no interest in actually writing the character beyond just having him be chained to a chair the whole time. Then they ignored the ID stuff and by a complete accident due to them contracting both King and Seeley we ended up with the Grayson series. It wasn't even a planned thing. The best Dick story we got since the New 52 was a complete accident.

When you look at the last handful of years at all of DC's "big" or "important" stories Dick has been irrelevant. Completely irrelevant. He isn't an important figure in the DCU and he has zero weight behind his actions now. There are no creators or anyone that has a real interest in the character. Like you look at something like the Three Jokers story by Johns and Fabok and you see them building this big story and promoting it. Jason or a Barbara are heavily used in that promotion and are being billed as having important roles in this story DC is pushing. Even look at Bendis' Leviathan event and see how Jason is being used in that, or how Priest wanted to do a Batman vs Deathstroke story and DC decided to instead turn it into a big thing. Dick hasn't had anything like that. So even when the Ric story ends and Dick is Nightwing again I don't really expect any real improvement because the character is still stuck in a place where he isn't that valued and has no writers that are backing him.

What i find sad about all this exlusion it's always something that SHOULD HAVE BEEN, and then the author backed out, or he gets shafted, or the story goes to Bruce, or he was erased from panels, or called TIM is a book of HIS OWN TEAM (Giants) at the last minute.

This is like that time the plans for a wedding with Starfire were cancelled, or when Mark Waid wanted to write his solo and was declined, or when the Burton Batman film scrapped the role of circus acrobat Dick Grayson. but worse, because pre-new52 individual new talented writers (Wolfman, Dixon, Tomasi, Snyder, Johns) could do something safe with him even when there are much restrictions and no backing from editorial. Now he was left in a position that made new writers leave, and no one could do anything worthwhile even if they stayed, as the universe is now.
    Last edited by nhienphan2808; 10-04-2019 at 09:19 PM.

Extraordinary Member

no context

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    In the clear version of Gen 4 that Didio posted, the verbatim during Gen 4 Year 3 (Rebirth) are "Wally returns" and "Original Titans return: Dick, Lilith, Roy, Garth, Wally, Donna"

Year 2 (New 52) mentioned verbatim "Wally and Bart disappear into the Time Stream"

Also, I saw Team Titans and All-New Titans are mentioned in Gen 3 (from Jason's Robin era to Flashpoint). Specifically during Zero Hour until No Man's Land. I don't know in what capacity. I'm not familiar with the teams.
    Either all the Generations are treated as alternate timelines/reality or something happened that reset everyone's age.

Im digging Titans more and more. Its not perfect but its far and away the best thing the character has going for him right now.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-05-2019 at 04:27 AM.

IMO the plot is better and the acting is fine, but the scripting, dialogue, and choreography are all much, much worse.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to slam some "Wheaty-Flakes."
    Last edited by Pohzee; 10-05-2019 at 07:01 AM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Either all the Generations are treated as alternate timelines/reality or something happened that reset everyone's age.
    I... missed the biggest title of the whole timeline. It's "eighty-something real-time or sixty-something elapsed time"
    The whole timeline added up to 65 years and that runs realistically each Generation but there seems to be an age down after Crisis of Infinite Earths and Flashpoint
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-05-2019 at 07:41 AM.

Well, after the “Deathstroke” episode, I think we can say that this version of Titans is definitely a new spin on the history of Dick Grayson and the team. I mean that as neither good nor bad on the face of it, just an observation. I do think the developing relationships are a good point, with that between Hank and Jason being especially interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Well, after the “Deathstroke” episode, I think we can say that this version of Titans is definitely a new spin on the history of Dick Grayson and the team. I mean that as neither good nor bad on the face of it, just an observation. I do think the developing relationships are a good point, with that between Hank and Jason being especially interesting.
    "Jason is our asshole"

Hank really sees a lot of himself in Jason, which is kind of cool actually. Though his hot-headedness got to him in regards to Rose.

Benjamin Percy has got two series over at Marvel, Crossovers have Really made Dick an irrelevant character despite never really being featured.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Has any show ever followed a comic book to the letter ?

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    Benjamin Percy has got two series over at Marvel, Crossovers have Really made Dick an irrelevant character despite never really being featured.
    I know what you mean, but I maintain that Percy isn't the writer the writer to elevate Dick. His GA is overrated to high heaven and his TT was pointless and forgettable. His Nightwing was no better.

And good God, the cereal.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Percy's idea about Dark Web is good but he doesn't have a good voice for Dick, making him sounds too old, and his GA is super unsubtle XD

I like that he wanted his Dick to be more unique. Not sure if it was the best idiosyncrasy, but i like the idea of trying to give him more idiosyncrasies. Mooneyham was a terrible choice of artist for his run though. His style completely contradicted Percy's story and themes.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-05-2019 at 09:17 PM.