Page 233 of 295 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243283 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 4424
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Ship her with Lobo.
    You just explained it, her book is a gag comedy, she already kissed Bruce and Batman in an issue, it’s not cannon so it could be nightwing

Sure, if *could* be Dick. But it *could* be almost anyone.

Dick and Harley do have certain things in common though. I actually talked about this in the "Dick's best love interest" thread; they're both former sidekicks to people who weren't always the best to them (as Bruce and Dick's relationship now has a lot of baggage to it), both are drawn to "the sexy bad ones" who feel a little dangerous, both need someone who can keep up with them (and damn few can). And especially right now with all the stupid Ric stuff, yeah I could see it happening.

Hell, maybe Dr. Quinn will be the one to save Ric. Wouldn't that be a kick in the balls; after more than a year of the Bat-clan keeping their distance it's Harley who gets Dick back to his old self.

But I wouldn't start worrying about it. There's a whole mountain of characters Harley could start dating next. It's not even necessarily a man. Hey, didn't Diana and Steve break up recently?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Sure, if *could* be Dick. But it *could* be almost anyone....
    I'm not adverse to DickxHarley but I am against RicxHarley or RicxAny Established Character *yuck*. My main objection being it'll likely keep Ric around even longer than he would otherwise be.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Sure, if *could* be Dick. But it *could* be almost anyone.

Dick and Harley do have certain things in common though. I actually talked about this in the "Dick's best love interest" thread; they're both former sidekicks to people who weren't always the best to them (as Bruce and Dick's relationship now has a lot of baggage to it), both are drawn to "the sexy bad ones" who feel a little dangerous, both need someone who can keep up with them (and damn few can). And especially right now with all the stupid Ric stuff, yeah I could see it happening.

Hell, maybe Dr. Quinn will be the one to save Ric. Wouldn't that be a kick in the balls; after more than a year of the Bat-clan keeping their distance it's Harley who gets Dick back to his old self.

But I wouldn't start worrying about it. There's a whole mountain of characters Harley could start dating next. It's not even necessarily a man. Hey, didn't Diana and Steve break up recently?
    At least they fit in the same world, they have a better chance then him and kori

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The title is "Trapped inside Ric"

I’d be ok with Ric/Harley only if she made him do her in front of the Bea chick.

Apparently by Next year there will be a New Wonder Woman, Superman & Batman. What are the chances Dick/Ric ends up with no comic book at all?

I'll be honest, the fact that BC reported on 5G before the 4 generations was announced makes it seem more legit to me. But it'd also make me rather upset. If we divide up by generations, its clear that Generation 3 and Generation 4 have not had their shots at prominence yet. Leapfrogging past them would be a huge disservice to these beloved characters who have been in print for 50+ years.

It'd also be ridiculous and shortsighted to end Gen 4 considering in runs 1/3 the length of any of the previous generations and 10 IRL years as opposed to the 30 or so of the other eras. Cutting a generation short so early would show diminishing returns, prompting shorter and shorter generations and turnarounds. If they had any commitment, we should stay in Gen 4 until at least 2030.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I'll be honest, the fact that BC reported on 5G before the 4 generations was announced makes it seem more legit to me.
    Can I get a link? Haven't read it, as I tend to read discussion and only read news when someone links it in discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Can I get a link? Haven't read it, as I tend to read discussion and only read news when someone links it in discussion.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/06/13/dc-comics-5g/
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Thanks. So just a name with no context that we now have probable context for.

I kind of agree with you on the short generations. It seems to tie in with event-itis to me, but we can have event-itis without the generational shifts, of course. And now everything must always be in flux - and I don't mean in a normal, storytelling kind of way. It feel like new things keep getting thrown at us without the old ones being resolved or reacted to. No new status quo is ever established, because as soon as one big, universe-wide event happen, another starts. Actually, sometimes we seem to have more than one going on at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    Apparently by Next year there will be a New Wonder Woman, Superman & Batman. What are the chances Dick/Ric ends up with no comic book at all?
    I don't think DC cares. He'll have his solo book in some capacity I bet, but it doesn't feel like he is a character anyone at DC is invested in right now.

Though watch them have Dick lead the JL randomly after being treated as a joke to them. Since the only way they ever Dick in the JL is when they remove all the first gen heroes because Dick can never lead or even be on the same team as any of them.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I don't think DC cares. He'll have his solo book in some capacity I bet, but it doesn't feel like he is a character anyone at DC is invested in right now.

Though watch them have Dick lead the JL randomly after being treated as a joke to them. Since the only way they ever Dick in the JL is when they remove all the first gen heroes because Dick can never lead or even be on the same team as any of them.
    but Luke will be Batman. Traditionally whoever will be Batman will be the one involved with the League. Even Bunny Gordon got a chance, even if it's only one issue in Detective Comics.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post

Its proably in their best intrest to diversify, It just that luke been MIA for so long,
    Here i thought Nightwing was coming back next spring, no one would pass on dick being batman I mean Battle for the Cowl is a whole big stink on this

Mighty Member

With all the bad decisions DC has been doing, let's be thankful for old comics. New Teen Titans, Dixon and Tomasi Nightwing, 90s Titans, etc. There is a lot of great old comics about our favorite character. If you are having a hard time introducing new people to present comic books, use the old ones. These stories are timeless. Even now I can't find a present comic book that could stand with the impressive intrigue and drama of the New Teen Titans. My one cent on enjoying comic books.