Page 275 of 295 FirstFirst ... 175225265271272273274275276277278279285 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,125 of 4424

What’s been the worst thing Dc has done to Dick’s character?

I feel Dick should show up less those. I mean he does have his own villains and issues to work out. I feel they have dick showing up more in Batman comics instead of the Batfam in his own.

I feel like people are overvaluing Tynion's plans for Dick in his Batman run. He's likely only going to be in his Batman story to explain why Dick doesn't become Batman in DC's 5G thing while someone else (Luke Fox I guess) does it.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    What’s been the worst thing Dc has done to Dick’s character?
    See the current run of "Nightwing"....

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    They created a poor situation, and now that problem unfortunately feeds itself. Nightwing's numbers are worse then ever now, so for it to happened in Nightwing it would go unnoticed. They can either have Nightwing's current crap creators do it, in their current crap book that can't even crack the top 100 anymore, or they do it in Batman so some people at least maybe see it.
    Honestly the best thing would be to canceled Nightwing, and then bring him back in Batman leading to a new series relaunch with a new creative team and the works. But that probably isn't going to happen. They'll bring him back in Batman to get the eyes, and then will probably hand him back to Jurgans. So he can continue to bore everyone with his by the numbers dragged out ****.
    As if DC gives a damn about Nightwing's sales?

If you want attention on Dick's return have Batman cameo and put him on the cover. Or have someone talk about it in Batman. Or give Nightwing a one-page ad. Or relaunch the book with a new #1 and creative team.

I get what you're saying, and yeah fixing Dick in Bruce's book will ensure more people see it. But that's not doing anything for the larger problem; DC viewing Nightwing as a Robin who happens to have a solo, rather than as a solo title who happened to be a Robin.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Dc doesn't care for any of the batfam only Batman. I don't see 5G working out well.

Dc doesn't care for any of the batfam only Batman. I don't see 5G working out well.
    If it really is taking over the whole publishing line? Oh gods no, it'll probably crash harder than DCYOU did.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I mean right now what is Dick missing? One majority thing would be feeling that he is his own man

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

There's this major disconnect between the handling of Nightwing in the comics and the way he's handled and promoted in outside media.

I don't understand how he can be so promoted in everything aside from the comics. I understand that customers rarely migrate across from TV to comics but how can they seem to care and value him in one form/medium and not care in another?

Is it a lack of oversight? A case of one department doing something while the other [comics] doing another?

I mean right now what is Dick missing? One majority thing would be feeling that he is his own man
    A long term management plan for the character that doesn't get derailed due to events arising from other titles
    A dedicated editor who cares for the character not just for Batman
    A good creative writer who likes the character. Is excited to explore the character and really wants to play with the character
    DC to see respect and value him as an independent character. To treat him accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    A long term management plan for the character that doesn't get derailed due to events arising from other titles
    A dedicated editor who cares for the character not just for Batman
    A good creative writer who likes the character. Is excited to explore the character and really wants to play with the character
    DC to see respect and value him as an independent character. To treat him accordingly.
    I mean since he technically is a Batman character he fells under the editing team. The question is who is the right creative team

Creativity.

Quote Originally Posted by Roliver Queen View Post
    If I remember correctly, Tynion is handling the restoration of Nightwing. Whatever King is doing, has to be some one off thing.

My question is there gonna be a Nightwing and Batman crossover or something? Its nice that the book that caused all of this is rebuilding the character but what is Jurgens supposed to do with the book in the mean time?
    I didn't see anything about rebuilding/restoring Nightwing in the plan laid out by Tynion. There's been 2 plans so far and nothing so I doubt he'll be a big focus.

I think that Jurgens book will rebuild/restore Nightwing while Tynion writes Batman including a Batman story that has Nightwing.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 12-10-2019 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    There's this major disconnect between the handling of Nightwing in the comics and the way he's handled and promoted in outside media.

I don't understand how he can be so promoted in everything aside from the comics. I understand that customers rarely migrate across from TV to comics but how can they seem to care and value him in one form/medium and not care in another?

Is it a lack of oversight? A case of one department doing something while the other [comics] doing another?
    I think it's largely a case of not only different departments, but completely different sides of the company (if not different entities altogether, I'm not sure how DC's set up in this regard). The movie and tv and video game guys don't answer to Didio or anyone else on the publishing side. They've got different bosses.

And because larger media success doesn't filter down to floppies and these are different mediums with different needs, there's very little reason for the comics to chase synergy or try to capitalize on successful adaptations.

And because comics are such a tiny slice of the pie, publishing can largely do what it wants as long as it's turning a profit overall. No one cares if a mid-tier book like Nightwing isn't selling quite as much as it should. The difference to the guys at WB/AT&T is like noticing you lost a nickle.

~ Black Panther.

I mean since he technically is a Batman character he fells under the editing team. The question is who is the right creative team
    And the Bat editors can treat him as something more than just another Robin. They used to, they can again. Dick could be handled great under the Bat office if the Bat office wanted to handle him right.

And Dick doesn't *have* to be under the Bat umbrella anyway. For a while he was under Titans editorial, and other legacies like Donna Troy and some of the YJ kids don't fall under their mentors' editorial group either.

I say the Bat and Super offices trade. We'll give Nightwing to Superman, and Batman can have Steel in return. I feel like that might benefit everyone!

~ Black Panther.